PDA

View Full Version : Late hookup report from BigE

BigE
16-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Like all the other Ausfisher's that were there a good time was had by BigE & crew. The weather gods smiled on us for the first two days then blew up a bit to remind us all of how lucky we were to get out and have a fish. As seen in a couple of the other hook up reports the water was like oil and the reds had come out to play. the big fella went just shy of 10kg cleaned and was placed in the hookup fridge on day one and was the mark to beat about 4pm when some of the guys who went really wide came in with some big reds and done us. Not to disappointed as we only fished the 12 mile and some rubble to the sth. Like everyone else I have the story of the one that got away which definately felt BIGGER, I know one thing I'll be stocking up on maxi yakka's for next year as they were definately the gun bait on our boat on fri & sat pillies got more hits but the big whole yakka's nailed the quality. the reds were a morning bite and the lippa came on during the day. Sat was more of the same but some dummy forgot to charge the camera! the fish seemed smaller & didnt bite as good on sat but were there to be caught if your bait presentation was right. sat was an errie day thick fog until mid morning really scarey if you were in the shipping channel so we fished on the drift until lunch so maybe that was the differance. Sun the wind was up so we fished the river and the young lad on board took out the Jr samon with a 2.5kg job. anyhow enough of my waffle have a gecko at the pic's

Regards
BigE

lethal098
16-06-2008, 04:41 PM
theres some nice fish in that lot, just a little jealous, well done on what sounds and lokms like a great trip, cheers lethal

Breambuster33
16-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Some awesome fish there.
and came in quantities.
lovely trip

jtpython
16-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Good on ya BIGE some nice reds there mate
Awesome conditions thats was for sure we had a ball pity it doesn't go longer
JT

outsiderskip
16-06-2008, 06:09 PM
nice fish
big e
get there 1 day

pete

maztez
16-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Im still waiting for Brett [brejen} to post our report as he has the pics and the better memory. This was our 1st trip and certainly wont be our last. Was a pleasure meeting up with JT and the big fella Newby and the rest of the dunny patrol lol.
I await the report my son...
cheers Terry

Reel Nauti
16-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Beatuiful fish Big E! Were you out in your boat mate?

Cheers

Dave

work2fish
16-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Unreal best red ive seen in a while
need a decky next trip ??:P

did you try any squid

W2F

BigE
17-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Pete yep was some good fun alright think the highlight will be on ck 2 coast in the next coupla weeks.

No squid W2F yakkas pillies & mullet.

Hi dave yeah mate towed the tub down was a good run. you still got your rig?

BigE

skipalong
18-06-2008, 07:15 PM
nice fish mate looked like a great event