PDA

View Full Version : Is Seabreeze OK

Horse
15-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Check out the forcasts and actual recordings:o . They are way off the mark but even when they update the stick with the old model:-/

reddybayfisher
15-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Very interesting to compare what you are saying - forecast vs actual for precision......I only use it as a guide for the best possible day for the week - so I can plan ahead.....I check other sources the day before rather than just seabreeze.....although I must say that it hasn't let me done yet....knock on wood....

Horse
15-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I usually find Seabreeze errs on the side of lighter than actuals. BOM suum to be better in this case but still predicting much stronger than actuals

ronnien
15-06-2008, 08:42 PM
i use it as a guide only, i know that bom has weather stations out in the bay also on the reef where they get info from but does seabreeze?also other weather sites? or do they look at bom & make their on predictions based on the info that bom has?

ron.

Skusto
16-06-2008, 05:14 PM
they predicted pretty right boys we thught the same on sat that it was lighter so we headed out off the cape on sunday and it was pretty blowy out there was about 15- 20knot with 3-4m swells. come home witha feed but was a pretty rough day lost alot to sharks bent 3 5/0 hgooks ganged together battling one shark :o and still couldnt budge him. little pricks were waiting for the snapper to take out bait then they would come along and eat them on us.

lethal098
16-06-2008, 05:18 PM
use as a guide only, learn how to rear a synotpic chart and you can usually get it pretty right, no matter who you use they use forecast models for their predictions, it is not an exact science.

Breambuster33
16-06-2008, 05:20 PM
i use it for long prediction wind forecast. you have to keep your eye on it as it can change quite regularly

Tassie JR
16-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I use seabreaze as a guide but it aint much of a guide, i usually look at the charts like lethel said, it the most accurate way of finding the weather i think, im not always right tho, before i go fishing i look outside and look on coastwach and get the current forecast for cape moreton.

cheers tassie JR

Skusto
17-06-2008, 05:19 PM
yeah thats wat we done tassie jr last sat it pretty much stayed around 15knots so thats why we made the decision to head out on sunday.

Dignity
19-06-2008, 07:01 PM
they predicted pretty right boys we thught the same on sat that it was lighter so we headed out off the cape on sunday and it was pretty blowy out there was about 15- 20knot with 3-4m swells. come home witha feed but was a pretty rough day lost alot to sharks bent 3 5/0 hgooks ganged together battling one shark :o and still couldnt budge him. little pricks were waiting for the snapper to take out bait then they would come along and eat them on us.
I thought it looked too good from shore, had planned to go out but canned it based on the forecasts and made other arrangements. Tonight looked good, although nothing much in the surf as there are no gutters to hold the fish.

baitmaster
21-06-2008, 02:43 PM
i dont trust it cuz mate and i went fishing checked seabreeze and it said 1 knot around nudgee so we thought we would have a great day
bump
we got there and it blew atleast 30 frigen knots

sorry any fans of seabreeze