PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!! my new stacer

johnny roger
14-06-2008, 10:52 PM
All,
as some of you may know, i have been on the look out for my first boat, and have been eyeing a Stacer. well here it is, and i am stoked! haven't got it on the water yet, but am aiming for tomorrow on the lake! as you can see from the pics, the kids are stoked as well.
it comes with a 60 HP mariner, ski pole, sounder, auto bilge, and best of all, my old 2.8 nissan patrol got it up the Kuranda range no problem in 3rd gear!;D
John

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28835&ads=1&d=1213447885
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28834&ads=1&d=1213447810
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28833&ads=1&d=1213447738

wags on the water
14-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Congrats on the purchase. You will find it a very stable boat.

tuna boy
15-06-2008, 12:26 AM
nice rig mate......its a nice feeling when you pick up your new boat,feels like its taking for ever.....you and the kids look like you will have many good trips in her.....

BrenMac
15-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Nice work Johnny Roger, looks like the perfect all-rounder:) .

Cheers
BMac

bluefin59
15-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Cheers boys it looks like a great family boat ,i hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it ..matt

pilchardjones
15-06-2008, 07:33 AM
congratulations - great looking boat.
steve

Scott Ashe
15-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi mate,

Congratulations on your new rig. I hope she serves you well for many years. I hope you get land some nice fish in her soon. I know the feeling of picking up a brand new rig, my Allycraft 410 Rhino is and 25 Yamaha 4 stroke is having it's first birthday tomorrow.

Cheers
Scott

Seahorse
15-06-2008, 08:36 AM
congratulation.
i got 489 stacer with 75hp merc.
took little time to get use to it, stepping up from 4.2m tinnie, but i love it.
easy to launch yourself. ride is pretty good. very stable in water. i can walk on transom from one side to other, not a movement.
enjoy it.
what did it end up costing?

cheers
greg

johnny roger
15-06-2008, 08:51 AM
congratulation.
i got 489 stacer with 75hp merc.
took little time to get use to it, stepping up from 4.2m tinnie, but i love it.
easy to launch yourself. ride is pretty good. very stable in water. i can walk on transom from one side to other, not a movement.
enjoy it.
what did it end up costing?

cheers
greg
Greg,
the lot cost me 23K. can you tell me you launch your boat on your own?
John

Poodroo
15-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Ski pole? Are you planning to have a tug of war against a huge shark or something? Just hook it up and go. ;D ::) Seriously that is a very nice boat. Congratulations mate. Well done.

Poodroo

Seahorse
15-06-2008, 09:55 AM
john,
yes mate, very easy. i got a walkway down besides rollers. but even if i didnt it would be ok.
$23000 sounds good price.
iam thinking of selling mine and moving up to half cab around 6m mark.
was just curious on price. i ended up with few extras.
anyway have lots fun

greg

Reel Nauti
15-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Lovely boat John! Good to see the kids excited about it too! Always nice to have something the whole family can enjoy. Hope you enjoy fair winds and catch heaps.

Dave

haggis
15-06-2008, 08:57 PM
very nice boat pal .
hope all who sails in her have a good time .
looks like the family will .
cheers haggis ......................

black runner
15-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice pickup John. You will get a great deal of enjoyment out of it. We have the previous model 460 and have had some great outings/camping. Very stable and economical. Now you can spent some more marine $ adding all the little extras. VHF Radio (or whatever is suitable for your location) would be my first pick.

Cheers - Fred

Pelagic 660
15-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice rig mate, looks like the boys are at home, guessing you already have your crew. I remember dad bringing home our first boat and we grabbed a charcoal chook, loaf of bread and we were off night fishing the Hawksbury. Ahh the memories, enjoy it mate.8-)

Best fishes, Trevor

johnny roger
15-06-2008, 09:35 PM
hey Greg,
i see that you have your anchor hanging on the bow spirit. how does thing work? surely the anchor just doesnt hang down while going from fishing hole to fishing hole. it would bang into the hull wouldnt it? i tried it today for the first time, and had to wrap the chain around the cleat once i got it up. couldnt quite figure it out. the paint work around the cleat is not going to last long at this rate!

Dan5
15-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey johnny nice boat!did ya get it here in Cairns?$23000 that's a good price.

Did you make it up to the dam today if so how did she go?

SummerTrance
15-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Well done on the purchase mate. I too have a Stacer and am very happy with it!

johnny roger
15-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey johnny nice boat!did ya get it here in Cairns?$23000 that's a good price.

Did you make it up to the dam today if so how did she go?
gday dan,
yeah made it to the lake today...eventually. had to do the BMX thing with the boy, then we made it to the lake around lunchtime for a few hours.
and hey...she handle beutifully! but the wind does play a bit of havoc in the handling, but apart from that...bloody brilliant! sure as hell beats the $%^&* out of me old tinnie.
John

castlemaine
16-06-2008, 09:05 AM
hey Greg,
i see that you have your anchor hanging on the bow spirit. how does thing work? surely the anchor just doesnt hang down while going from fishing hole to fishing hole. it would bang into the hull wouldnt it? i tried it today for the first time, and had to wrap the chain around the cleat once i got it up. couldnt quite figure it out. the paint work around the cleat is not going to last long at this rate!

Congratulations, johnny.
I used to curse everytime a sinker, etc took a chip out of the paintwork but I'm over that now.
I've put bicycle tubing over my chain and so when I wrap it over the cleat it doesn't affect the paintwork but you need to take it off periodically to clean it. I tend to stick the chain and anchor in a garbage bin of fresh water after every trip. I only wrap the chain around the cleat when I get near to my fishing spot to lower it quietly. I'd hate to have the anchor drop when I'm at full speed.
Here's to you and your family's days out.
Cheers ;D

work2fish
16-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Nice boat you will enjoy that i dont know about the blue bimini but
Should be maroon:)

I have40 mariner 4 stroke unreal motor and cheep to run
hope the 60 is the same

Nice rig

W2F

Mtx
16-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Well done mate. I hope you and your family have many good memories in the new toy!

Seahorse
16-06-2008, 02:16 PM
johnny.
i do same as castlemaine. go buy urself a bike tube. also softens the noise when lowering into water.
i pull it up tight into the bowspit and when wrap around cleat it wont go anywhere. leave it all day. beats pulling into boat each time.

cheers
greg

johnny roger
16-06-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks castlemaine, that was a great tip as i did exactly that...wrapped the chain around the cleat. but thankfully it hasn't taken any paint off. i will definately go and get some bycicle tube.
John

johnny roger
16-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice boat you will enjoy that i dont know about the blue bimini but
Should be maroon:)

I have40 mariner 4 stroke unreal motor and cheep to run
hope the 60 is the same

Nice rig

W2F
hey W2F,
if you zoom in, you will see that the middle stripe is maroon! Go Queensland!;D

johnny roger
16-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Well done on the purchase mate. I too have a Stacer and am very happy with it!
gday ST,
yeah i like the stacer as it is so stable. i can't believe that 3 of us can get on one side of the boat and it doesn't even move. people can move around to get a drink, or change lures, or anything, and the boat hardly moves.
what type do you have?
John

datamile
16-06-2008, 10:00 PM
A strangely familar looking boat.... Mine takes 6, and we can take the two family thing without any effect on the stability, but it does have nice matching white 115 on the back ;)

johnny roger
16-06-2008, 10:24 PM
A strangely familar looking boat.... Mine takes 6, and we can take the two family thing without any effect on the stability, but it does have nice matching white 115 on the back ;)
hey datamile,
bet she fairly moves along with the 115 eh? i guess you would have to get your motor trim just right with such a big motor so you dont dig the bow in, or 'porpoise' the hull. i'm still learning that thing at the moment.

datamile
16-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Trimming is still an experiment. Flys at 45knts, but no fun once its over 0.7

Angla
16-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Johnny,
Looks like it should entertain the kids for a while

Chris

johnny roger
16-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Johnny,
Looks like it should entertain the kids for a while

Chris
thanks Chris,
but hopefully it SHOULD entertain them for more than just a while...more like until they leave home! then the missus and i can have the whole boat to ourselves. ;D
John

Az
17-06-2008, 11:10 AM
thanks Chris,
but hopefully it SHOULD entertain them for more than just a while...more like until they leave home! then the missus and i can have the whole boat to ourselves. ;D
John

wishful thinking... i can see it now.. the boys will be hitting you up to borrow it and go fishing with their mates haha

nice rig, congrats!