PDA

View Full Version : Beach Camping Spots

milo__
14-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

Went to Cooloola in the Great Sandy National Park and camped on Teewah Beach last weekend. Had a great time with the family (except for the weather), but did a heap of 4wd'ing and just mucked about with the kids......it was great.

Basically I am wondering if anybody knew any other places within 4hrs drive of Brisbane (north or south), where you can camp on the beach and 4wd on the beach? I know about Straddie but is there any spots in northern NSW?

Cheers
Andrew

shano
14-06-2008, 07:10 PM
teewah is good fun hey! love it there!

wags on the water
15-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Bribie Is. ocean side camping. Some sites have beach views.

Seahorse
15-06-2008, 06:01 PM
south ballina has caravan pk on beach and i think u can still drive on beach up to evans head.
know they were talking about some type of ban.
just not up on all the details.
can drive at lennox

Lucky_Phill
15-06-2008, 06:13 PM
>>>>>>> Fraser Island <<<<<<

which of course I mean.... Waddy Point.

for me, doesn't get any better than that.

Phill

goat boy
18-06-2008, 07:11 PM
South Ballina Beach. You can't camp on the beach but there is a caravan park right on it with a 4wd track straight out to the beach. Nice beach with some good fishing (don't forget your permit). With the Tugan bypass now opened it shouldn't take too long to get to Mylestom (not far south of Coffs Harbour). Same deal there, caravan park right on a beach you can 4wd on (North beach I think it's called,you need a Bongil Bongil national park pass to drive on it though, but is cheap). really quiet beach with some great fishing and the Belingen river is right there as well. Hope this helps.

chisel
19-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Fraser, Rainbow/Inskip, DI/Teewah, Moreton, Bribie, Straddie, South Ballina (not true beach camping), Iluka (camp at Woody Head or Black Rocks), Minnie Water, Pebbly Beach. I think there are a couple more down that way but Minnie and Pebbly are great. Minnie/Pebbly are over 4 hrs but then so is Fraser realistically (if camping north of Eurong).