PDA

View Full Version : Ally Craft

haggis
13-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I had an extra day off this long weekend ,
with having no boat since Saturday , the weather wasnt kind I went down to
Ally Craft down the gold coast . Well at least missing the turnoff for Labrador I ended up at the gold coast . might have to get one of those tom tom thingys .
Any way after getting my ten year old refredex up the right way I managed to get
to their factory an hour & half from leaving sunny brizvegas .
I was met by Donny Nichols who gave me a tour around their factory . I saw how the boats start of , from putting them toghther & tack welding them , to fully welding , cutting the plate , the pressing machine , the paint shed & finally the finished product . It was good to see where my next boat is coming from & too accually watch & talk to some of the trades people putting the product together .:D Thanks Donny from Ally Craft & Jason from Wynnum Marine for organizing
the tour . Cant wait till I get my new 460 Bay Raider .8-)
Cheers Haggis .................................................. ........................

3rd degree
14-06-2008, 12:30 AM
You were obviously impressed.

I'm thinking of picking up an Allycraft hull in the near future but have been unsure.

Intresting feedback after a trip to the factory.

Cheers

Jim

haggis
15-06-2008, 07:50 PM
jim this will be my third ally craft . would get bigger but cant fit any thing else down the side of the house . cant get the misses to move either .
cheers haggis ...........................