PDA

View Full Version : Why would you want to go to work???

Goldfinch
13-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Thursday's weather was looking good and indeed it was. Headed out from Scarborough at 5am with my deckie (mentor) and headed for Cape Moreton. Stopped to jig some bait and the current was raging so gave it a miss. Got around the corner and encountered some standing waves so we put the lure out for some Tuna Mac. Caught 3 in about 20mins to use as fresh bait. First spot we went we had massive kingfish swimming around the boat, (where was the spear?). Managed to hook one but only to get busted off. Then landed a smaller one at 70cm. Got bored and headed to another spot. On the way found an interesting show on the sounder and gave it a shot on the drift. A bit quiet at first, then we hit a mark and the snapper come on. Had a good run then they started going quiet so in went the Soft Plastics. They were taking them unatended which was strange. Ending up with 8 good size snapper from 50cm to 80cm and threw back heaps !!! All in all, weather was perfect, heaps of whales to look at (too close to the boat) and a good feed for me and the boss, I mean deckie.

backlash08
13-06-2008, 04:48 PM
sounds like a great day out!

lethal098
13-06-2008, 05:19 PM
sounds like a great day, no time for photos???? well done
cheers lethal