PDA

View Full Version : Quiet day off moreton

revs57
13-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Had a gentlemans hours trip yest'y
A lazy start, on the water by 8.30, paddock flat, bar flat, conditions outside flat and the fishing flat.

Went to the northern 29's area - apparently it has been fishing better lately, had a couple of bag outs reported latley but they didn't want to play for us

Swano dropped a couple of gooduns, seems NSW can't take a trick at all lately, must've been a poor performance hangover from Wednesd'y night. He keeps inventing ways to catch and release, but it would be nice to see what he has before he lets them go. I dropped a goodun too, just so he wouldn't feel so bad::) .

Matt had his new fandangle outfit, a Shimano 16 n Trinadad on one of those upside down, start as an overhead, wrap the line around the blank so the runners are on the underneath trigger grip Starlo styx jobs, he did blood it, on rat grassies, caught more than the rest of us put together. - but did eventually boat one keep tuskie which was the fish of the trip.

But it was a cracker of a day on the water and good to have the big girl out again. had a quick run home early at 5500RPM adn 68klm/hr in glass out conditions, bar flat, paddock flat and Riptide flat out!

No pics, but I'm sure you can imagine three very large smiles for just being out there

cheers

rhys

TimiBoy
13-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Yes I spent the day looking out there and cursing the fact that I couldn't get on the water.

Doing a trip to Sanctuary Cove from Raby Bay today. No fishin' but good company!

Cheers,

Tim

Fixation
13-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey Rhys,

Where are the big knobs mate? Maybe on the next full moon they might start showing up. Would have been good to be out there yesterday. Were you totally darkside or did you use bait too?

Thanks for the report mate.

Regards,
Craig.

Far side
13-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey rhys good to see you out there
Just another day in heaven on earth

Worked hard for a feed

But we got by

wags on the water
13-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I should've come along Rhys, itwould've been better than lying down all day.

seapup
13-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi Rhys,
At least you were on the water and not at work mate!
Cheers,
Benny.

kitty_cat
13-06-2008, 01:59 PM
mate i was on the goldie this morning 4 -5ish till10sh for same resault 1 sml grassie and few undersises dropped 1 or 2 and that was that even triied plastics
but great morning weather wise

fishing not catching thats what brings us back again and again

skipalong
13-06-2008, 06:26 PM
good to see you getting out there

rubba
13-06-2008, 07:00 PM
hello rhys was nice to meet you out there looked like you fellas had a good time.mate what an afternoon and night it was heaven thanks alot to mark had really good time with good company.no doubt i will see you out there again regards dale8-)

Frank OO
13-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Rhys, The fishing has been very poor the last few weeks but there have been some fish very early and in the late afternoon. I took Uripper out for a lesson in Plastics today. It was a very good casting lesson. We did lose a skirt to a massive Spanish or Wahoo. It peeled 80 lbs drag off like it was nothing. It also had very sharp teeth.

Frank OO