PDA

View Full Version : Rods? question.

skiper
12-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I bought a new rod on the weekend just a cheep one for throwing a Mr twister lure around.The wife said why do you need another rod you have plenty,I havent got that many I replied. So when I got home I had a look.
The new one was number 12 :-/ .
I hate it when shes right.
So how many have you got ?
And whats your favourite one.

Cammy
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I have 4 that r mine and mum and sis have 1 each so 6 all up, my favorite is my little spin rod 7ft, with i think an okuma on it?, My other favorite is my 9 ft with i think another okuma on it?. Geez i cant even remeber my own reels !!! thats what happens when you dont go fishing and you get passed the point of sitting on your chair rocking back and forth saying " i need to have my fix". lol even what i just said doesnt make any sense!!!!

Whats your faveorite rod skiper?

Cammo

skiper
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Cammy, gee It must be catching don't know what's mine is called either,Its a red one lol, and now I think about it its not mine, Its my son's, and I use it most of the time.
Thats bad hey,12 rods and the one I like is my son"s.
I have to have some more medication now Ive work that out. :-)

Cammy
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
lol yer mate. As soon as the pleagic fisherman see this thread , you will have answeres liek 20 to 30 rods or even more!

And welcome to ausfish mate!!!!

Cammo

nufin_flash
12-06-2008, 10:04 PM
i have 5 rods , 2 of those are for offshore though , 1 is my missues the other two are mine , my fav at the moment is a 6.5 ft bluewater fishing eclipse fitted with a rapala husky

PNG1M
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I am pretty sure my new Egrell B8-5 will be my favorite rod, when I get to see it that is (bought it online from o/s).

I'm thinking of doing the double and getting the B8-6 as well then I'll have two possible favourites. But a T-curve barra has also crossed my mind...

I have a nice Loomis 5' 6" baitcaster but haven't used it enough yet to guage how much I like it.

So far the two rods I've had most barra & black bass success with have been:

1) Penn Pinpoint 5' 6" baitcaster (with a Penn 965 international)
2) Bass Pro Shops intermediate modulus 6" 2-piece baitcaster (with Powerhump grip) and a Calcutta 400

So, those two have been my favourites so far but I'm looking forward to the sought after experience of field-testing the Egrell/s on my next trip to PNG, then there'll be a fair chance they'll become the favourite/s.

Hmmm, dunno how many rods I've got just now as haven't counted'em for a while. Spose it must be nigh on a dozen, and the more I buy them the more upmarket they seem to get!

NAGG
12-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I've had a cull (+ Stolen) in recent times ...... & so I'm down to

7 light spin outfits - Favorite T Curve 702XL & Daiwa Certate 1500
1 Med spin outfit

2 Light Baitcast - Favorite Loomis SBR752 & Daiwa Steez
3 Med Baitcast - Favorite loomis SBR813 & Daiwa Steez
2 Heavy Baitcast - Favorite Loomis BCR855 GLX & Daiwa Zillion

1 4Wt Fly
1 7 Wt Fly - Favorite Sage SP & Felty 678
1 8 Wt Fly

I actually think I need some more;)

Nagg

spears
13-06-2008, 01:38 AM
At one stage about 2 years ago i had 27 rods ..since then i gave away 12 rods that i wouldn't use anymore currently i have 15 with 2 on the way
And reels iv'e had 160 odd over the years currently only got 14

Blackened
13-06-2008, 06:58 AM
G'day

Only 4

Shimano raider finesse bream with 2000 sol for sp and snapper

Live Fibre 2-4 kg 7' with 2500 Sedona for sp and snapper

Live Fibre 8-10kg 8', Btr 6500 for my floating

Live Fibre M10 with Tyrnos 20 for bottom bashing

All good quality as far as i'm concerned with all a purpose to fulfill.

Dave

Keechie
13-06-2008, 07:14 AM
i have a big addiction, my parents said if you want to nuy a new rod you have to throw out one, and what do they give me for my birthday??? a new rod a nitro powerbream finesse;D . i have about 20 rods, all for different things. although i do have 4 soft plastic bream combo's;D .

regards,
keechie

GPB
13-06-2008, 11:38 AM
My Combo's, I like all types of fishing;D

Hot_Snappa
13-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I have about 9 from memory, but one of my mates at last count had 57!! Yep 57, crazy isn't it - think he's got more $'s than sense! He also has in excess of 80 reels!

Cheers

Dave

Tailortaker
14-06-2008, 10:28 PM
G'Dat All, I've got 15 rods, My favourite is prob my shimano baitcaster with an abu ambassador on it and also the new live fibre i just bought (the missus hasnt seen that one yet)
Cheers TT