PDA

View Full Version : Another BIG jew on the snapper gear

flickflack
11-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi

Well after my 5 week old kept me up all night I managed to get him and the missus to sleep at about 4:30 in the morning. After a quick decision that it wasnt any good going to sleep at 5 so decided to hook the boat and head for the boat ramp. I dragged a mate out of bed(didnt really have to cos he was just arriving home from the pub) and headed through the bar as the day started to make its presence felt. We hit a few spots but the conditions were very ordinary with both of us copping a bit of slop coming over the side. Eventually we managed a few squire and one large mack that kept the snapper gear busy for a while. One more stop before it was time to get back to work and Ben's rod folded over with a good fish easily stripping line. After a few minutes we both called it for a Jew and another 10 minutes later I slid the net over the head of a good 16kg fish. Ben wanted this one for the barbie so we took our time taking heaps of shots for the mags. It was then a case of racing home over the top of the slop at 70km/h to make it back in time to open the shop. The suzuki on the back loves ripping through the rough stuff. What a ripper of a fish and looking forward to the next few months. MM a bream boat that only fishes offshore at the moment. Might have to start trying to target a few bream soon with all the comps just around the corner. Well done to Ben for keeping his composure with the fish and landing it no worries.

Good fishing to you all

Rod

stevea
11-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Well Done, Nice Jewie! Been a few Jewies around this year.

whatscracken
11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Enjoy reading the reports from offshore at the Tweed as theres not too many about. Well done on another decent jewie!

Keep em coming

Pistol_P
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Another top fish rod......VERY NICE.8-)

Send some up my way...in nice and close against the rocks preferrably.:D

Pete

Frank OO
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
OK Rod, Its time to take me out for a jewie.

I have had enough of looking at the photos.

Frank OO

lethal098
12-06-2008, 07:52 AM
well done on the light gear, top job. cheers lethal

Roo
12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Jeez, he was just lightly pinned in the lip hey. I got one there that was hooked just the same.....surprised me that it hadn't fallen out. at least it couldn't bite it off!! Same placcie too ;)
I reckon 70kph over the chop would be a fun ride although the water in the photos looks pretty good!

flickflack
12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Frank

Mate I left a message on your mobile re catching up.

Roo

Its hard to guage the swell in the pics, the wind died completely on the tide change-same time the jew bit- and then came up again as it started to run in.
I recon the run back with the big suzuki is just as much fun as the fishing. Had to go buy a grab rail for my passenger though cos they dont agree::) dunno why though.

Rod