PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody interested ???Barra Workshop

Awoonga
11-06-2008, 10:30 AM
l did this a few years ago... so maybe its time to do it again...if there is enough people that think its worth it... Not really a M&G but something along the lines of a weekend where we share info on Barra Fishing..A Barra workshop,,.Now before you get all excited lets see who think its a good idea...Where ? Awoonga.. when ? Maybe August/ Sept....

Roo
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Yep, I think it is worth it. any time is a good time to learn new things, better if the fish are out to play but perhaps more satisfying if it was still a bit tough going.

NAGG
11-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Sounds good

Chris

Obi _ Wan
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Yep,-----Sounds good, maybe August at Awoonga?????? as i have the Faust Dam on in Oct. Was looking at doing Awoonga in Aug. anyway!
Tell me, what did you have in mind? A sit down general chat and sharing of thoughts, or on the water instruction, or both??????

Cheers,
John.

Awoonga
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
John, what l would like to see is Workshops for people... like say from 7 to 9 Sat" lure presentation " by Joe icancatchbarra Jones ...930 to 11 How to use frogs by Steve frogly Smith..Two days of info...The Topics are still to be worked out and you people decide what you think would be most helpfull to you.. Who the guest speakers will be ? dont know yet.. There are a few here on Ausfish that l would like to listen to..Because the day you dont learn something..its just wasted

Obi _ Wan
11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
That would be great Trev.

And i agree with 110%,--- You never stop learning!

John.

Whitto
11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a M&G to me Trev, cunningly disguised as a workshop, but a good idea none the less.....I'm not sure my Rodeo will let me drive past Monduran turnoff.......Whitto;D

TinarooTriumph
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I know Neil Schultz and co have done things in the past (like wayyyy back) in Cairns... think they called them Barra Seminar!

Im up for it. Where and when?

Theo.

nipsta
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
im keen but i tought thats why we had some of these meet and greets to learn of each other and have a good time as well time for another one i think

STIFFWORM
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Sounds Me 2 And Ill Also Get In My Mates Ear About It. Shouldnt B 2 Hard 2 Talk Him Round.we Need All The Help We Can Get. The Only Hitch Could B Work Commits.cheers.

Sniper
14-06-2008, 01:27 PM
If I don't have a tournament on the same weekend and I can get away, then count me in. Maybe even have a section on barra on fly for those die hard wnad waivers. I think you know who I'm talking about Trevor. The flynazi himself may even go.
Bill

Plastic_Magic
14-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Hay Trev...

Sounds like a great idea....I would be up for that all the way.....Just the drive will be a long one....:P (10 mins)....Nah definately count me in.....I would love to learn more and expand the ways of suducing the captive barra.......I reckon it would be great to hear paste experiences and the way and the methods of the future...

Good Idea...Lach

BigChiefBarra
14-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I'll be in .......

darylive
15-06-2008, 10:38 AM
JUST SAY WHEN.

You know the camp kitchen at Monduran would be a good venue. Plenty of under cover room there, aquarium with barra on display, you could put a screen up the front for DVD's just a thought.

;D

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg