PDA

View Full Version : weight of a 12 foot brooker tinnie

blaze
11-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Working on mounting my 12 foot brooker (older model) to the top of my camper project and wondering if any one has the rough weight of these tinnies. Getting lazy and thinking of putting a ute mounted crane on the rear bumper incorpateing an electric 2000lb winch (more to the point Its past the thinking stage and the crane unit is ordered, it weighs 47kg + the weight of the winch), be nice to have the weight of the tinnie now.
cheers
blaze

Noelm
11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
not too sure about your exact model, but my 12' Quinny weighs 101KG, I had a lightweight version before that and it was only 77KG so somewhere in between (towards the top end) might be getting close.

Twisted_Pair
11-06-2008, 09:16 AM
G'day blaze,
I've been looking into the 12' range of tinnies for the same purpose & they seem to range from as light as 80kg for a stessl 3.8 up to a max of 101kg for the quintrex 3.75.

Hope this helps. T_P

Noelm
11-06-2008, 09:18 AM
A mate of mine built his own Camper setup and devised a genius bit of work that enabled him to leave the Boat on the roof when he setup the Camper, it was just a sort of tilting thing, and the Camper tilted out the other way, saved putting the thing on and off every day.