PDA

View Full Version : Hook Up with the Boys

jtpython
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Righto here it is;D
Arrived in the Big Tannum Sands Caravan Park around 10 am on Wednesday morning where we quickly set up all the boat and gear into our cabin and went on a shopping spree for groceries............ Followed by 14 Bourbon and dry's we settled on going to fish 12 mile off Tannum sands
Leaving in the morning around 7 30 am we anchored on a spot where i got a 10.5 red last year but to no avail......... after 30 mins we moved which produce a nice grassy's and a red emperor around the 4 - 5 kg mark we fished a little more getting a few more Lippers and some nice tusky's, When the current dropped we went for a run to Rockcod shoals and 6 penny but not even a touch then back to 12 mile for a tangle with a couple o big sharks with some nice lippers with big bites out of them.
Around4 30 we does the dash back to the ramp at Bray Park hmmmmmmmmmmmmm stuck and waited for the tide for a good hour before we mangaed to push the Cruise craft into some deeper water then loaded her onto the trailer and then and there decided to head to Gladstione harbour and put in there from now on
Friday saw us heading out to 12 mile again from Gladstone harbour where we were told the ramp drops away really really quick at low tide . we manage alot didn't
Out thru the maze or beacons and pylons and away we were............ waving to NEWBY as he headed out as well in his Bartram.
Arriving there on our spot we hooked straight into the fish with some extreme catchers of Grassy Lipper and sized ones i've seen in a long time
We manged to weigh 2 of the biggest ones going 4.1 kg and 3.9 kg but we got dusted by some bigger ones in the comp
ending up with 19 lipper and 8 tuskies and a nice Yellow Tailed kingfish the first for us up this way in the boat. A tiger shark then decided to visit us on a couple occasions including a swim by and a hook up where we skulled him to the boat and sent him on his way with a sore mouth
Saturday seen us arrive on the water sore and sorry for our friday adventure at the pub for my birthday turned into a twelve oclock Burbon and coke binge :-/
OOPs i said Binge drinking lol
We drove thru some serious fog once outside the harbour that stuck well entruly around till midday now it was thick as ten thick things on the early trip out .
Straight to our spot seen another 2 beauty lipper on board straight up then quiet for a while where we mangaed some more lipper and tuskies
After the current and wind went extremely still still we headed back for the clean up and knowing that the wind was coming in that night we decided to hit the stalls and coffee club for Breakfast and some well earned drinks all day on the Sunday
All in all met some great guys from Ausfish and drunk some cold Drinks and ate and partied for a good couple days
Thanks again to NEWBY for all the help Much Appreciated My friend
Will edit a vid i'm doing and threw it up in the next week or so
So cheers guys
JcT4BYZHsDx8

ronnien
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
job well done mate, that's a very good catch!

ron.

gawby
11-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Was good to meet you JT and your crew for a yarn.
We will have to meet at a better place with Newby
next time instead of outside the dunnies, joking.
You got some nice fish and we got a few good feeds.
The thing is we had a ball with good weather
and you couldn't want it any better.
Graeme

Breambuster33
11-06-2008, 07:37 AM
good report for a good session
good work;)

wags on the water
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Great report JT and some nice fish in the esky.

Cheers,
Wags

Cobia Kid
11-06-2008, 04:58 PM
JT, i kept my eye out for ausfish hats around the hookup, mostly near the beer tent but saw none. would have loved to have a chat, oh well, next year! we went to sykes and my 13.7kg cobe got beat by 900g. DAMN!!!!,
i will be putting pics of our trip up soon,
cheers,
jamie

P.S. i also heard you on the radio JT(i think). channel 82, was gonna call u up but was gettin bites

jtpython
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I heard ya dad call in Jamie but i didn't see any Team Allison shirts
We had a ball mate but next year the tides should be better for a run out of Bray Park
Shame to miss out on the cobe mate
Weather was awesome
JT

skipalong
11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
excellent fish guys

Cobia Kid
13-06-2008, 08:05 AM
that was me calling in JT ;D ;D , my dad dosnt like calling in for some reason???,
yer the tides were a bit of a bummer, especially at sykes, the current was roaring so bad we couldnt fish it:'( , so we had a camp:P
anyways,
catch ya later
cheers,
jamie

jtpython
13-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Popped up a vid boys
JT

Plastic_Magic
14-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Well Done JT..

Mate good video and i was just wondering how to atach a video to a post i ahve made a ripper and would like to show it of...:P.......I will Pm you..
Help would be much aprriciated....Well done on the fishing and there are some ripper grasies in ya catch...

Cheers Plastic_Magic

gawby
15-06-2008, 05:49 PM
JT

Did you send that tiger over to us. Looks
familiar.
I will have to switch the camera over to
video next time and see how i go.

Graeme

Lucky_Phill
15-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks JT,, nice report and good vid.

remind me to send up the AF banner for next years event so you CQ guys can gather in the one spot, rather than outside the dunnies !!! ;D :o

NEWBS has been quite...... david ????

read others reports of the event,, sounds BIG !!!!!

I did manage to get up there 2 years ago, but it was raining, apparently the locals love the comp as it usually brings in the rain ..... 8-)

cheers Phill

jtpython
15-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks JT,, nice report and good vid.

remind me to send up the AF banner for next years event so you CQ guys can gather in the one spot, rather than outside the dunnies !!! ;D :o

NEWBS has been quite...... david ????

read others reports of the event,, sounds BIG !!!!!

I did manage to get up there 2 years ago, but it was raining, apparently the locals love the comp as it usually brings in the rain ..... 8-)

cheers Phill
Thanks Phil be the go instead of the tiolets but it's a good posisition
But if your interested the Coastgaurd here in Yeppoon on the 8th 9th 10 August at Rosslyn Bay Harbour and have a site up if you want to send a banner because i know there is a heap of Ausfishers in the district
www.tightlines.net.au (http://www.tightlines.net.au)
Will be there with bells on and the dunnys are a little far ffrom the weigh in station i believe
But am hoping to do a lot better film for everyone fom whoa to go bit more of a doco
Cheers Phil
JT

ifishcq1
15-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey John there is a meeting on at the coastguard monday night 6.30 I will get the rest of the guff and post it in a new thread

Cheers

SL

jtpython
15-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey John there is a meeting on at the coastguard monday night 6.30 I will get the rest of the guff and post it in a new thread

Cheers

SL
Keep me posted
I did ask if they needed a hand but they said they were right
We were going thru my uncle (Ray T)

JT
Talk soon mate

warti
15-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey, we did the 12 mile on saturday for a lipper bout the same and a half decent trout with a handfull of big stripeys. Lost a few good ones using light leader early in the morning. We had better luck out near heron on friday and filled the esky with redthroat, trout,parrot,hussar,moari cod,spangleys,stripeys and a lone jobfish. Good weekend but 2 oclock starts kill me.

murf
17-06-2008, 09:28 PM
top stuff JT

gunna have to come up for this one me thinks, might give Vince a call for a ride on the Blackjack

I might have to bum a lift up in a mates truck on day and have a couple of boubon and drys with ya :)

cheers Murf

jtpython
18-06-2008, 06:13 PM
top stuff JT

gunna have to come up for this one me thinks, might give Vince a call for a ride on the Blackjack

I might have to bum a lift up in a mates truck on day and have a couple of boubon and drys with ya :)

cheers Murf
Mate your welcome anytime
;)
JT
I was seriously thinking about the 1770 meet and greet but i think i'll do that when i'm divorced , My one fishing trip a year has turned into about ten this year with mates
JT

murf
18-06-2008, 06:40 PM
haha they seem to slip in here and there those fishin trips

just as long as she doesn't know the real cost :)

jtpython
25-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Thats why most f my rods and reels stay in the shed and when she goes out on trips she never knows the difference
Thank god or i'd be skinned
AGAIN
LOL
JT