PDA

View Full Version : Condamine River

Brooker boy
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Just bought a block of dirt at Condamine right on the river. Is there fish around here, I usually fish in the salt haven't done alot of fresh water fishing.

Any info would be handy.

Cheers.:D ;D

darylive
10-06-2008, 08:18 PM
yeh bro people fish there. the get a sooty thing they call bream, some even eat 'em can't say I am fussed. There are yella belly that way as well.

Where on the condamine? You will alway get the drum at the pub. The Condamine Bell in Condamine was alway a good watering hole and locals used to fish down the back when the water was there.

Brooker boy
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
If you turn left at the BP and head down a bit it's down there. There seems to be more water in this part than others. Was there the other day, plenty of water from the rain. Be intresting to see how long the water stays or if it totally dries up???

Cheers

rossco
11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Yes there is yellowbelly, Eel tailed catfish & cod at Condamine, I know of some big cod being caught in that area.
cheers rossco

Little grey men
11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I grew up fishing that river and the smaller creeks that run into it around Chinchilla.
There's not as many fish as there once was of course but they can still be caught. Targeting yellas is a good way to start freshwater fishing. Try bobbing for them using unweighted crays beside fallen timber.
If your keen on using lures, I'd start with spinnerbaits as the water is pretty dirty out that way and your less likely to snag up.
Don't expect huge numbers of fish but when you catch them it seems special because they are harder to come by.
The Condamine gets stocked fairly well in certain areas which is great to see.
And remember if you catch a carp to dispose of it. Awesome fish to catch but good for nothing else.
If you want some really good advice on fishing that area, stop in at Bass and Barra at Dalby and have a chat. They'll head you in the right direction, and they've got some great lures.....oh yeah;)

tazzydevil
11-06-2008, 05:31 PM
try the three weirs near pittsworth apperently yella's being cuaght there on cray's.

fishel
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Tazzydevil, Where are the 3 weirs near Pittsworth? Only 1/2 hour or so from my place, so might be a good spot for me to try.

tazzydevil
12-06-2008, 05:47 PM
well one is at cecil plains the other two is near pampas travel down fysh road,pampas for a couple k's turn right at yarramalong and your there. the other one keep on going towards milli and there be a sign saying lemon tree weir turn off and follow the signs.