PDA

View Full Version : TT Switchblades ... GOOONE!

NAGG
09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey all ........ If any of you guys ( & gals) are into breamin & bassin
go & get yourselves some TT Switchblades 8-)
these things are awesome ....... On my first use of them , i was simply blown away by the action ........ & how fish respond to them!
I blew 4 of them in a short period today on a mixture of Estuary perch & bream in what was such an aggressive bite ..... each time I tied one on 8-)
Definitely one / 10 to add to your lure box

Nagg

PS ... read my report in Estuary reports "Backwater Breamin"

Keechie
10-06-2008, 07:22 AM
after reading youre report i am definetly getting some, bring on the birthday money i say;D . better luck next time mate.

regards,
keechie

plugger43
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM
what colours worked the best

NAGG
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM

A deep gold (Golden boy) & a silvery+gold on top (Gold Noggin) ..... were the only 2 colours I had (2 of each)

Nagg

NAGG
10-06-2008, 09:48 AM
after reading youre report i am definetly getting some, bring on the birthday money i say;D . better luck next time mate.

regards,
keechie

Bring on my birthday money too :P ;D
You'll love em .... The vibration you get through the rod when you jerk or rip it is amazing! ...... I luv em!!!
I do suggest using maybe a 14lb FC leader .... as these get inhaled

Chris

Little grey men
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Those blade lures are great. I've been using Little maxes for a while now on bass and yellowbelly. You feel the aggresive vibration right down the rod to your hand. On a quiet day the fish must be able to feel the water displacement for miles. I like the shiny ones as they act a little like a blade on a spinnerbait throwing flash all over the place. So simple yet so effective.
I'm looking for some bigger switchblades for my bassin now.

NAGG
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Those blade lures are great. I've been using Little maxes for a while now on bass and yellowbelly. You feel the aggresive vibration right down the rod to your hand. On a quiet day the fish must be able to feel the water displacement for miles. I like the shiny ones as they act a little like a blade on a spinnerbait throwing flash all over the place. So simple yet so effective.
I'm looking for some bigger switchblades for my bassin now.

I had mine for a few weeks ..... but yesterday was the first time I used them. the hit rate was phenominal ...... though with the tiny hooks several fish got off!
I think the size .... had a lot to do with the effectiveness ..... a nice mouthful for any size bream or EP ( & i'd say bass too)
if you find a larger one .... please let me know

Chris

Outsider1
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I had mine for a few weeks ..... but yesterday was the first time I used them. the hit rate was phenominal ...... though with the tiny hooks several fish got off!
I think the size .... had a lot to do with the effectiveness ..... a nice mouthful for any size bream or EP ( & i'd say bass too)
if you find a larger one .... please let me know

Chris

I have a couple (of larger ones) in one of my tackle boxes somewhere but can't remember the brand.

There are some larger ones available online on this link. I am sure there are others.

http://www.kingstonlures.com.au/

Cheers

Dave

Little grey men
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
The littlemax I use are about 55mm I think. Good size for bass. I think that TT are in the process of making bigger switchblades. I'm pretty sure I heard it from a tackle store bloke. Either that or I dreamt it :-/
I've found that the hooks get bent out of shape really easily...had a bass on the weekend straighten one of the doubles on the front of the lure. Caught my last two fish just using the back doubles.
How do you find the hooks on the Switchblades Nagg ???

Roo
10-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I had a Golden Boy Switchblade for about 12hrs.....bought it one arvo, lost it to the mongrel chopper tailor next morning......shoulda known better when the missus caught a small chopper on a SX40 a few minutes earlier.....
your right about the action tho'. very vigourous. i reckon bass will chomp through a few.
Cheers Roo.

NAGG
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
The littlemax I use are about 55mm I think. Good size for bass. I think that TT are in the process of making bigger switchblades. I'm pretty sure I heard it from a tackle store bloke. Either that or I dreamt it :-/
I've found that the hooks get bent out of shape really easily...had a bass on the weekend straighten one of the doubles on the front of the lure. Caught my last two fish just using the back doubles.
How do you find the hooks on the Switchblades Nagg ???

I didn't own them long enough to comment::) the hooks are sticky but small . When i get hold of some more ..... I'll up the size with No12 owners & see what happens

Chris

NAGG
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
I had a Golden Boy Switchblade for about 12hrs.....bought it one arvo, lost it to the mongrel chopper tailor next morning......shoulda known better when the missus caught a small chopper on a SX40 a few minutes earlier.....
your right about the action tho'. very vigourous. i reckon bass will chomp through a few.
Cheers Roo.

Thanks Roo ...... The small size will be a problem ... If tailor or flathead are around ........ They will just bite through the leader like one of the breamboes did:( ....... i'll go up from 10lb FC to 14FC

Cheers

Chris

PS ..... So what happened at Mondy ??

NAGG
10-06-2008, 10:43 PM

If you check out MO TACKLE .... you can find the colour range ( Hardbody lures ... TTs)

Nagg

Gold_Coast_Chaser
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey,:)

I have attached a photo of the 10 colours available,;)

I havent purchased any of these lures yet, but after hearing some of the good reviews i might head out and get some! :P

Cheers, Dylan

PaulMark
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Good post guys,I'll have to find out who stocks them here in the Bay,otherwise Mo's here we come.
Paulo

Gold_Coast_Chaser
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey Guys,:)

What price are we talkin for these Switchblades??? $10? $15? $20? $25?:-/

Im gonna head down to Tackle shop on saturday and pick a couple up, just wondering how much they are!;)

Anyone recommend any colours???

NAGG
12-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Guys,:)

What price are we talkin for these Switchblades??? $10? $15? $20? $25?:-/

Im gonna head down to Tackle shop on saturday and pick a couple up, just wondering how much they are!;)

Anyone recommend any colours???

The TTs sell for $12-$14
There is an Ecogear one that is around $18-$20
& a couple of others that are $20+

Cheers

Nagg

PS .... I've only used the golds ...... caught some more bream this evening

Gold_Coast_Chaser
13-06-2008, 07:29 AM
The TTs sell for $12-$14
There is an Ecogear one that is around $18-$20
& a couple of others that are $20+

Cheers

Nagg

PS .... I've only used the golds ...... caught some more bream this evening

Do you reckon that the TT's are just as good as the Ecogears?? or the other more expensive lures?

NAGG
13-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Do you reckon that the TT's are just as good as the Ecogears?? or the other more expensive lures?

I cant really comment on that as I've only just tried the TT switchblades. Knowing the Ecogear quality the VX35 & VX40 ..... would be bankable:P
As far as the other Jap ones would go ...... I wouldn't bother as they look no better than the Ecogears but you are paying $5-$10 more!

I've also got a mate that's picking some Cotton Cordell gay blades from the US ..... a little larger & heavier

Nagg

DR
13-06-2008, 08:52 AM
you could always make your own..
http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=42
or
http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=43

NAGG
13-06-2008, 07:38 PM
you could always make your own..
http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=42
or

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=43

Hey ... thats pretty cool ...... though they are much bigger than the 1/8th oz TTs

Thanks

Chris

Why-ting
13-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Ive been using the switchblades for a while and they have nailed alot of fish for me. They are such a versitile lure. you can fish em deep, crank them over flats and drop them around structure like bridges, boats, pontoons and snags.

Ive had sessions with these lures catching in excess of 50 fish with double hookups a common occurance once the fish are found.

The only bad thing is the flatties, trevs and tailor love em aswell. Over the 3 days of the Queensland open i lost over 30 blades to fish. The action of these lures are that good and a must for any artificial bream fisho's tackle box.

Nagg. I dont think there is any problem with the size 14 owners that are swinging off them, I also had alot of trouble staying conected to fish when i first started using them but i have found a more aggresive strike to set the hooks will solve some of the problem.

I also belive that 14lb leader may be a bit heavy and may dampen the action a littlte, I only fish 4-6lbFC on them. But if you are still getting the hits on the 14lb then stick with it for a bit more insurance.

The only problem ive had with them is the split rings have openned up on me a couple of times. Other than that 1 of my fav lures at the moment.

Whytey

bassfan
13-06-2008, 10:24 PM
G'day all. This is my first post to the ausfish forum which looks to be a great fishing website with some very knowledgeable contributors.
I bought one of these TT switchback lures the other week on a recommendation from the tackle shop guy, and after reading this thread yesterday I went out today and caught 17 bream ranging 20 to 31 cm and 2 bass of about 35cm.
To say I was impressed would be an understatement as these things are awesome fishcatchers. My brand new lure now sports some battle scars & I intend to get some more for the tacklebox, as they are bloody brilliant...!

BF

NAGG
14-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Ive been using the switchblades for a while and they have nailed alot of fish for me. They are such a versitile lure. you can fish em deep, crank them over flats and drop them around structure like bridges, boats, pontoons and snags.

Ive had sessions with these lures catching in excess of 50 fish with double hookups a common occurance once the fish are found.

The only bad thing is the flatties, trevs and tailor love em aswell. Over the 3 days of the Queensland open i lost over 30 blades to fish. The action of these lures are that good and a must for any artificial bream fisho's tackle box.

Nagg. I dont think there is any problem with the size 14 owners that are swinging off them, I also had alot of trouble staying conected to fish when i first started using them but i have found a more aggresive strike to set the hooks will solve some of the problem.

I also belive that 14lb leader may be a bit heavy and may dampen the action a littlte, I only fish 4-6lbFC on them. But if you are still getting the hits on the 14lb then stick with it for a bit more insurance.

The only problem ive had with them is the split rings have openned up on me a couple of times. Other than that 1 of my fav lures at the moment.

Whytey

Hey Whytey

I actually took mine out of their packets based on one of your previous posts :dankk2: I was keeping them for fishing around boat hulls ....... But you are right , they are versatile.
I've had no trouble with the size 14s ....... Its been leaders ::) Chomped through! ...... I'm sticking with 10lb in my local backwater as there are just way toooo many flatones ( 8lb Owner FC .... will be my normal leader)
I'll try the more aggressive strike as I've dropped a few decent fish through lack of penetration ...... The hooks are fine ( just small)
Cheers & thanks for the advice.

Nagg

NAGG
14-06-2008, 08:09 AM
G'day all. This is my first post to the ausfish forum which looks to be a great fishing website with some very knowledgeable contributors.
I bought one of these TT switchback lures the other week on a recommendation from the tackle shop guy, and after reading this thread yesterday I went out today and caught 17 bream ranging 20 to 31 cm and 2 bass of about 35cm.
To say I was impressed would be an understatement as these things are awesome fishcatchers. My brand new lure now sports some battle scars & I intend to get some more for the tacklebox, as they are bloody brilliant...!

BF

Good stuff BF ...... & welcome to Ausfish:)

As you've seen .... there is some useful stuff floating around on this site. Always some thing to learn , think about or go have a look at!

Cheers

Nagg

NAGG
22-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I notice .... while watching I FISH that Bushy is developing a range of blades ........... Just shows how good they are8-)

Nagg

mossyback08
22-06-2008, 01:17 PM
how do you work these lures? just like a normal lipless crankbait or something entirely different

NAGG
22-06-2008, 01:31 PM
how do you work these lures? just like a normal lipless crankbait or something entirely different

You can slow roll them , hop them , jig them & my favorite .... a hop - pause - rip (RIP = low rod angle .... point the tip at the lure .... & move the tip low to the water away quickly from the lure 12- 2 O clock or 12 - 10 O clock)

Nagg

shayned
23-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Got to agree, nice lure. Only got one at the moment and it's that good I went swimming to retrieve it off a snag in bl@@dy freezing water because I was enjoying fishing with it sooooooo much.

How's this, the other night I was fishing with a mate and at the end of a retrieve I left the blade on the surface while we were talking. Apparently I was slightly jiggling the rod while we talked and a little flatty exploded out of the water taking the lure on the way through. It's not a bad lure that takes fish even when you're not fishing it.

They are priced at a premium though, for my mind.