PDA

View Full Version : New Boat owner

liam4017
09-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi All !

Have just become a new member to this site. Long time keen fisherman, first time boat buyer.Have recently purchased 4.2m bluefin rouge with Yamaha30CV. At the moment it is brand new as is from supplier with a drop in floor.Am wanting to add casting deck,rod holders and other nifty mods to assist in fishing and storage and was wondering if anyone could please help with any tips, ideas and photos of what they have done.Ive looked at a few forums and have seen some good ideas already.Any help would be much appreciated.!

Kleyny
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM
First of all welcome to the site.

Try the search button. type in casting deck and happy reading.

neil

Donny Boy
09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
As they say....welcome aboard.....(shocking pun isn't it...)

Rod holders easy,.............choose 'em, buy 'em, and cut a hole to suit.
As far as the rest (and any other ideas you have)....if you're on the South side .....there's a lot of good people around to do the work for you, if required.
Is the boat glass ??
If yes, try Galeforce boats......................brilliant. Ask for Tony.

Good Luck with it. PM if you need some names etc.

levinge
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Not a bad heavy duty Tinnie, looks like she will do the job for you. my second boat is a Sea Jay 4M Side Console with a full floor and casting deck. previous owner had an aluminium deck and plate casting deck fitted. Redid the carpet and instead of glueing the carpet I used stair tread to hold the ends in place, this has worked a treat as it is easy to replace and for cleaning etc it is a breeze. I have attached a photo for you to have a look at. Aluminium or plate is the go as you don't have any issues with wood rot or warp.

Good luck and welcome to the fisho family

Brett