PDA

View Full Version : Bit to close for me!!!

JEWIENEWIE
09-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Went out off evans head the other week on a charter, nothing to report as the fishing was terrible, a hole day for a few pearlies and mother in law fish:-/ . Thought i would share a few photos of the one that got away.......Thank god. A bit to close for my liking.:o
Jewie

Mark-P
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah, i can just see the captain saying !!!!
Charter boat..............What charter boat ...

Mark

Cobia Kid
10-06-2008, 07:55 AM

Mark

lol, i can too:P

ozscott
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
crap thats a big boat..bet she put out a decent wave

JEWIENEWIE
10-06-2008, 08:59 AM

Mark
Classic!! I first saw it and it was about 3ks away but thought we were going to be close. I mentioned this to the skipper, the boat being on auto pilot, and he didnt seem to be concerned at all. A bit later i t ws bearing right down on us so i got the skippers attention again and his eyes nearly popped out of his head:o :o .
He looked a bit worried for a few seconds before he squeaked a few mor horses out of the old girl and we snuck past the front of the ship.
Those thing are bloody huge when you are only a hundred metres or so away from being mowed down.
Jewie

ozscott
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Ha ha...nice to know that he was keeping a proper lookout...

Outsider1
10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
The thing that can fool you with the big cargo ships is they are moving at 20+ knots. Does not take them long to be bearing right down on you at that speed.

Cheers

Dave

Fish Guts
10-06-2008, 03:21 PM
saw a documentary on those car carries a few weeks ago. something like 2500 cars they can take. amazing.

Outsider1
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
saw a documentary on those car carries a few weeks ago. something like 2500 cars they can take. amazing.

Actually they are the small ones. They built one last year that can take 8,000!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RORO

"With the building of the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics's 8000 CEU car carrier Stockholm Faust in June of 2007 the car carriers entered a new era called the LCTC (Large Car & Truck Carrier)."

Cheers

Dave

bundylundy
13-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Jewienewie,
Know how you feel. Fishing the Boyne/Tannum Hookup last weekend on the Saturday and the fog was a pea souper. About 1100 we were approx 14 miles off Curtis Island in the Capricorn Channel and all we could hear was the fog horn on a coal carrier going off every couple of minutes and getting closer. Then we started to hear the engine and it was getting closer. Were ready to move when we saw that he was out 100m to our side. Worst fog I've seen for a long time and was still around to well after lunch

Jeff.