PDA

View Full Version : barometer secrets for catching crays

skinss
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Who uses there barometer for fishing i know a professional cray fisherman told me once that when the weather is good and there is a change in the weather droping or realy big storm coming you can see the crays walking the seabed floor, i said crap i said lets get out there and for 3days of good weather we staid and drunk piss until one day he said tommorows the day. I said yer wright weathers going to turn shit bugger that he took me out that next day couldnt believe it they were moving around like it was a confusion there were every were, thay come out of there nooks and crannies i said u got lucky any way he said only tell u this secrete once low and behold we did it again thank god we weren't pigs we could have taken home as many crays as you wanted you could have started a black market business thought i would shear this secret. But know your limits and dont be pigs.good luck fishing

Scott nthQld
08-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Thats incredible, what location was this happening? Would it apply to all species or just a specific one?

skinss
08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
South australia area blackfellas caves use drop nets catch them quicker watch them walk in don't need craypots .get a200mm pvc tub with thread on end cut glass to size thread end on and you have a looking glass see every thing.need to find reefs drop them wright beside it or even better on sand wright on the ledges.Works for crays ever time not shore about other spieces.

Dignity
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
With reef fishing, it is pretty simple.

Barometer rising, frish biting

Barometer falling, fish not biting

skinss
10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Does that happen through the hole water table or just on reefs. I know down her the bream stop biting as soon as the tide stops running.

Dignity
19-06-2008, 06:46 PM
skinss, I think a falling barometer affects most fishing as I have noticed it seems to affect estuary fishing as well