PDA

View Full Version : Currimundi 06/06/08

THE FLY
08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi all, well a mate and I went out to Currimundi on Friday afternoon after work for a "quick bash". We left Kawana ramp about 4:30pm and ended up getting back about midnight. The night was beautiful and ocean quite flat but could only find bait & under size squire for the first few hours in the deeper water. We decided to stick it out till the high tide & fish the shallows which paid off in the end with 6 grassies & 4 squire up to 2kg. Took em a while to come on but it was a nice night out there and a good trip home.
Beats sittin in front of the bloody telly any day.

Cheers.

nigelr
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
You sure got that right, the Fly.
Glad you'se ended up with a feed at least.
Cheers.

skipalong
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
thats not to bad at all

jayvee
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
hey mate nice catch. myself and a mate frequent curri reef quite a bit and always come home with a nice bag, find the best result come just before dark until a bit after in between 25-35ft of water with some chopd up pilly lobbed over the back every now and then as burley. find if we burley to hard it brings in alot and i mean alot of yakka's and undersize squire. we also only use ganged floated pillys cheers JAYVEE

Sidewayz
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah fished Currimundi early on saturday morning before the wind got up and caught mostly under size squire and sweeties and plenty of yakkas for bait as well.