PDA

View Full Version : Blacks Snacks Marlin lures

MitchCalcutt
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
It's been four years of planning to come up with 7 new marlin lures. Some of my early designs have become the most copied on the market. Everybody and his dog has had a piece of my hard work. Not getting a single penny for all my hard work prompted me to design and manufacture my own range which are all hand milled with no one else’s product within miles.

My colour range will be available on the www within weeks. Price? $25 for 6 ¾” $35 for 7 ½”. That’s $10 cheaper than those copies out there.
Mitch Calcutt

MEGA'bite
07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Mitch what fish is that on your advar cheers adrian

No Tiller
07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Mitch,
Without the inovators that has led sportfishing we the rec fishos would be decades behind. Hats off to you and other leaders in sportfishing.
Cheers Brett

MitchCalcutt
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Mitch what fish is that on your advar cheers adrian
Hi Adrian,
Its a Pupuan Jaw fish, I caught him in Weipa.

Outsider1
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Adrian,
Its a Pupuan Jaw fish, I caught him in Weipa.

nice pic Mitch,

I see that the Australian Museum is using your transparencies for the species description;

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/opapuensis.htm

Good luck with the new lure range.

Cheers

Dave

Franco
07-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Hey Mitch good luck with the lures

PS My Papuan-jaw fish is uglier than yours!
Caught mine in Thursday isalnd bloody weird things hey? :o

steve99
07-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Mitch,

No doubt you'll be throwing a few free samples my way......for evaluation of course.

Steve99

reel scream
08-06-2008, 12:32 AM
. Everybody and his dog has had a piece of my hard work. Not getting a single penny for all my hard work

Mitch Calcutt

Thought about, and attempted to, make lures as a kid Mitch. Lures will be copied and sold off cheap for years and years to come.:-/

If you want to make the dollar on them i would think i t would be a matter of tried and tested in the short term(which you have proven), distribute out and patent. Hopefully you would get a penny or two before "everybody and his dog"

Cheers Scott

MitchCalcutt
08-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Mitch,

No doubt you'll be throwing a few free samples my way......for evaluation of course.

Steve99
Hi Steve,
I have a set quota of free samples that will go magazine writers, do you fit into that catogory?
Mitch

P.S I was planing to call you this week over an unrelated matter, talk then.