PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable T - Top type shade

FNQCairns
05-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Before this summer I will need to fit one of these as I used the heat as an excuse not to go out a few times last summer.

I plan to mount it from the splashwell/baitboard as well as from the CC. Going to be around 3.5m long and 2m wide I think

I need it to be adjustable back down to get undercover and tow and also removable, the easy way would be to find some tube with an inside diameter to mount on the boat with the same outside diameter as the tops uprights but that feels a little dodgee, it will probably slop around and I will need to pin it at each height which will induce up and down slop underway etc but I dunno???.

Is there a better way to do this? Someone must have done it, Like plastic inserts and some form of locking ring?? or possibly the most basic design is still the best??

any thoughts welcome.

cheers fnq

Spaniard_King
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
fnq, a mate of mine made one thats removeable.. will see if I can get some pics for ya

Sea-Dog
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
My first thought was along the lines of one of those swimming pool covers on a reel.

Have some of that blue woven poly stuff (el cheapo) on a reel attached to your console. When you want some shade, then roll it out and attach to poles coming up from your bait board.

It probably wouln't be pretty, but it would provide shade.

When you want to stow it, just detach from baitboard poles and wind it up again.

Bunter
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
FNQ have the same problem but i am a bit more advanced as i have built the t top and made it pivot forward to get the boat in the shed but i am not happy with the set up i have been able to get tube that can have another piece slide inside to give me the height movement i want but unable to find a catch or the like to use to lock in the up and or down position does anyone have any ideas

cheers bill

FNQCairns
05-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks blokes, Garry that would be nice thanks, SD where could I hang my mist maker then!:)
Bill if I turn anything up will let you know, gotta be something out there somewhere!

cheers fnq

bushbeachboy
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Have a look on the seamedia website in their boat test section. They had a canopy made up for a Trailcraft Profish that sounds like it might suit your purpose.
Cheers
BBB

sid_fishes
05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
mate , you dont say what kind of set up,c/c side c/. do you need it to go all the way back to the transom. if you want some ideas pm me when you get a chance. cheers ian

FNQCairns
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Here is something like what I imagine I want, will mount almost identical and be adjustable in height.

http://www.fisherboats.com.au/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=toprated&cat=0&pos=19

Thanks BBB that's a pretty interesting design never seen anything like it, although too small for my needs.

Thanks sid will do.

cheers fnq