PDA

View Full Version : River to Reef

Noelm
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I think I just watched my last episode of River to Reef last night, I realise it may be done on a tight budget, so, I can overlook the dodgey hosts and Camera work, but last night the half hour "fishing show" consisted of catching a few Yellowtail and a couple of small Snapper, that was it, the rest was rubbish, with far too much time taken with crap, and shots of advertisers logos, last week was almost entirely related to mindless drivel about the Boat and Coast Guard, now I know safety comes first and there is a lot of newbies around, but geees, enough is enough, so they have lost one viewer at least (me)

lippa
05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
i kinda like the show.
better than most lifestyle programs that are one big ad

Noelm
05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I also liked the show for a week or two, but it just seemed to get less and less interesting content (well for me at least) in the last weeks episode, I turned it off before they even got to any fishing (if they did do any), it was just so boring and dull.

Roo
05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
I hear ya Noel. It sort of went south as they headed south!!! the show on Moreton Bay was a bit disappointing and hasn't recovered since. I think since Hodgey left, the content of fishing has struggled. the editing has always been a bit loose but i still watch it tho'. can't help it....Keeta McLean is a hottie!!!

P.s. Still better than that other Pair of twats.....the Wilson, Whittley, Mitsubishi advert show. Cannot bear watching them twaddle about like they do. they spend more time belittling each other. I reckon Rex Hunt should give them a Yibba da Yibba da, thats all folks, right up the arse. I wonder what rock the Production Executive that green lighted that show is now living under!!!

lunchcutter
05-06-2008, 10:36 AM
yes very true have watched most of the shows but at late very boring mmmmmm

nuckle
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
20 mins of going through what a radio is and then 10 minutes of fishing with 2 midget sweet lip lol, shit show

Noelm
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
yep, that's how I see it now, not worth the effort.

SeaHunt
05-06-2008, 11:08 AM
i still watch it tho'. can't help it....Keeta McLean is a hottie!!!

OK Roo that's done it.
If you think Keeta McLean is a hottie, you have spent far too much time out fishing with your mates.

I have been watching that show for a couple of years on Bris 31, you really have to watch a lot to get a bit of useful info.

But those days are over because I got FOXTEL a month or so ago.

Roo
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
OK Roo that's done it.
If you think Keeta McLean is a hottie, you have spent far too much time out fishing with your mates.

I have been watching that show for a couple of years on Bris 31, you really have to watch a lot to get a bit of useful info.

But those days are over because I got FOXTEL a month or so ago.

:-[ :-[ I wear glasses and I'm overdue a new prescription....but what am i missing? Neck to knee's got everything ya need, and a pretty face to boot, like's fishing....sounds just like themissus only blonder.

Honey, thats a compliment...honestly. you're already the complete combo.:-*

Noelm
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I must need glasses, she seems OK to me!

bobbyb
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
to much coocking.........not enough fishing these days.>:(

SeaHunt
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I must need glasses, she seems OK to me!

OK ... Doesn't make a Hottie Noelm........:) I never said said she was bush pig just not hot.

Plus she is pretty noisy, squeeling and carrying on.... scares the fish.:-/

Noelm
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
well, there is just so many of us who can be called "hot" I guess, I know it is a load to carry, but us hotties just have to carry the load as best we can!

Roo
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
OK ... Doesn't make a Hottie Noelm........:) I never said said she was bush pig just not hot.

Plus she is pretty noisy, squeeling and carrying on.... scares the fish.:-/

Check my avatar.....now there's a Hottie.:o :-*

Noelm
05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
haha, now that's funny!!!

straddie
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I have only seen a few episodes I think off Mackay and the sunshine coast and was surprised by some of the gold nuggets dropped. This was a big guy in a black shirt with "bare foot fishermen" on it and he was dropping things I doubt some of the other fishing hosts would even be aware of let alone speak of. Maybe I just saw the good shows.

SgBFish
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I was only talking to someone recently about doing a QLD based program for fishos.
A 30-minute program. 10 minutes are ads of course that leaves 20 for content.
4 X 5minute segments. One freshwater story, one salt water (off the beach or inshore) an offshore story and a boat or gear review or boat handling. The boat handling could be anything, launching, how to anchor etc.
How hard is that.
For the producers out there get to it.

waxy
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi there not a bad show bloody top boat young ladys not bad hey some good storys fishing hints.

Joe

dnej
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Last weeks show was a shocker.
David

johnny roger
08-06-2008, 08:14 PM
NoelM,
what channel is this river and reef show on? i live in FNQ, and i dont think its on any of our regional channels. is it on austar?
John

Dignity
09-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Now this is a show that I have watched for a couple of years as per previuous poster. First off, it is a victorian show and only recently moved north as far as the sunshine state. It is low tech and little funding but I did fine it intriguing and the fishing segments often worth watching as some of the thingsd they do therte can often be translated up north.

Show me any fishing show where more than 2 mins is actually demanding attention , this is no different although lower budget. Mind you some of the detail over safety etc is pretty minor and boring but judging from some of the queries on this chat board is not above all of us as many of the qestions raised by newbies are exactly what this show and many others expouse.

Lucky_Phill
09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I have seen the show on a few occasions.

Here are my thoughts.

I believe the show is on a tight budget, hence the editing quality. Also, one must remember that shows like Yibba-da Yibba-da take days to produce a 30 second - 2 minute grab of fishing. This is where the money side comes in.

Anyone can make a good fishing show, given an unlimited budget and time frame.

As the Gold Coast R 2 R showed, the boys turned up to the local tackle shop, asked a couple of questions, hit the water and produced a disappointing result. I believe this would be a typical situation. Had they had a week to produce a segment, I am sure they could have rounded up a local, donged good fish and made themselves look like pro's..... but, it was definately a reproduction of a everyday occurence. 8-)

For what the show is, I find it OK, bareable..... maybe we have been spoiled by wizz bang multi mega buck shows that are totally professional. ::) ;) :o

IMO

Phill

Bunter
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
its great to watch people catch fish who are geting paid a s**t load to do it but a show with a bit of information on bait / rigs etc would be good iam sure we all could learn from the experts
cheers bill

thelump
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Adventure bound is way better. Bris 31 Mondays at 8. Not much BS just fishing.