PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Comp

ballsie
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
G'day all,
We travelled up on the Tuesday before the comp started, and thankfully because of the weather. In our crew were seven blokes in two boats. A 6m Fisher( Fisher Bit'n) and an 18ft Cruisecraft Reef Ranger.

We got to have a fish on the wednesday before the wind blew for Thursday and Friday. Managed a handfull of reds the first trip, but they were definately hard work, And definately no legals getting thrown back.

As i said Thursday and Friday were windy, but not too windy to get a feed of Dart. Foxy was begging John for cheese and dart Sandwiches for lunch. Yep I was new too these gourmet treats, but they are good chewing.

We were able to fish Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday. The weather really wasn't playing the game at all limiting travelling speeds and ultimately time spent fishing, but we still managed a good feed each day.

We stayed with i think 18 blokes and a warden who kept watch over us the whole time. Thanks for the friendly environment fellas.

I had a mate Andy and his father, Peter fishing with me. Peter managed to raise a red that ended up being the daily on Tuesday at 11.3kg. He was stoked!

All in all a great trip away.

ben

lethal098
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
some nice fish in that lot, well done, shame about the weather. cheers

backlash08
04-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Ben - thanks for the post and the pics - the red color is always nice to see, good that you had some fun
cheers - Craig

Reefmaster
04-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Some nice shots there Ballsie8-) . I'm not sure if I will sleep tonight after seeing that photo of JB with his shirt open showing off his buff body;D ::) . The warden would be proud JB.:D

Good to see the senior member of your crew showing the lads up. Well done Peter.

Speak to you soon

Regards,
Greg

dfox
04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Theres some good Pics there Ballsie! Im sure you had a brilliant time up there, Those greek boys can really cook up a meal, i recon you gained a few KG's over the week. I hope to catch up with you all again soon.
p.s. please delete that pic of JB ...foxy

Antony
04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Ben

Some nice fish there , wish I were there .

Anthony

seapup
04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Some cracker Reds well done Ballsie!

Tassie JR
04-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Nice work fellas, its good to see there was some great fish caght up there and some quality fish as well by looking at the leader board.

cheers tassie JR

revs57
04-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Glad you had a great time Beno,

Some good fish.

First time I've seen ya cruisey - looks like a nice boat mate, how did it perform?

Yep I'd be a third for some photoshopping on JB - too much olives and cheese that young fella!

cheers

rhys

ballsie
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Now lets all be honest JB is in fine form with that shirt open. The photo's got to stay.

greg. i reckon Peter did us for first fish in the boat and for quality every day. the old sea dog strikes again.

Rhys, mate the boat did very well again. No problems, not totally happy with the furuno 7000 gps, or more the detail in the cmap card. really poor for fraser and 1770 actually ithink almost everywhere. I'm not sure if i can get a custom card made or I'll change to a Lowrance 7200colour. Other than that all went well, mind you the gutter and all tracks were just spot on.
We probably travelled about 300km's for the time we were up there. we took an electric pump up this year and it was magic. fuelled both boats in ten to fifteen minutes.... so much easier than about 100 winds to twenty litres. 30 gallons / min

Anthony we must be due for another 1770 trip, JULY maybeish

revs57
04-06-2008, 08:48 PM
So how much is JB payin ya for that comment Beno???

aerordauto
04-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Great Catch There Ballsy Where Were You Guys Fishing On Tuesday, We Were On Sth Gardiners.
Cheers Mark

ballsie
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
we started inside the sth gardners, then worked our way across about the middle area then worked the 60m line outside. For some reason we ventured out to 130m chasing a pearlie. Then between sth and nth gardners stopping outside indian about ten ks then back to waddy.
Got a good variety that day. a couple of reds, red throats, pearlie, jobfish, cod and parrot.

Anne-T-Dote
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
G'day benno,

Great pics mate. Does Johno's Mrs ever get on Ausfish for a look? She'd be in for a shock. Then again I suppose not really :P

Ha ha, just kidding Johno.

Tell the boys that those dart and cheese sandwhiches were mind blowing. As were the home-processed olives - the best olives I've ever eaten.

Macca.

Anne-T-Dote
05-06-2008, 08:48 AM
.... I'm not sure if I will sleep tonight after seeing that photo of JB with his shirt open showing off his buff body;D ::) . The warden would be proud JB.:D ....

Laughin my r's off - Don't tell shane though;D

ballsie
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Macca, aint it good to be back at work with mates and great bosses. Those boys shore know what a good feed is. You only get a body like that of JB"s eating dart and cheese sanga's.

ps that is a horsse red in your pic. wasn't caught in the rod holder was it?

Anne-T-Dote
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
:D ha, no mate. that one was hooked fair and square (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;D ). That was the one we got 3 days before the comp started last year. Went 16.4kg. :'(

Angla
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Gotta love those red fish. I want one some day.

Good thread too, thanks

Chris

littlemac
08-06-2008, 08:11 AM
really nice catch you got, shame about about the weather. the Cruise Craft does look preety bloody good.

well done.

cheers Brett

Shane Boese
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Laughin my r's off - Don't tell shane though;D

Macca

Just sent the comment of to the warden.

Regards shane

skipalong
09-06-2008, 05:01 PM
nice haul there were alot caught this fraser comp and the size were fairly consistant