PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Fraser Expo - Sic Days

JB
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Gday all, make this short and sweet as we didn't catch a lot of fish but i still enjoyed the adventure. I've been to the island before with the boat but not for the expo so this was something different to experience. Was great to catch up with some friends and make some new one's along the way. Murf i kept an eye out but never seemed to run into you during the week! I guess when you have 3000 people there you are not always bound to see everyone.

Smithy when you waved that day i was stuffing around as i forgot to shut the dam scuppers when we launched and had a boat full of water haha, sorry i didnt get a chance to chat.

Greg your right by the end of the week that prize music was doing my head in even after the bourbons LOL

Foxy, Least you know who your calling now mate ;)

We had some dramas with the car overheating on the way up , i'd like to thank nugget for puttin me on the radio to get some help and also like to thank the 3 blokes that came to the rescue with the landcruisers (oh wat a feeling LOL)

Second day out we broke the throttle 10k out and had to come in at 7knts and shut her off in the gutter by key as i couldnt stop .. next day out we used vice grips as a throttle (works better than u think.. .trust me i was skeptical too!)

All in all was a great week despite the breakdowns and weather, it certainly teaches you to improvise and make the best of bad situations.

Hopefully next time i get some better weather and more fish!

JB
04-06-2008, 10:20 AM
some pics here

JB
04-06-2008, 10:22 AM
some more pics ......

Mtx
04-06-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks for the report. You certainly had some challenges :)

fish freak
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Its amazing what you can do when you have to. Next time you will bring allot more vice grips;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Fishfreak

Reefmaster
04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I knew that music would get to you sooner or later. Shame about your control box mate but at least you got by with the vice grips. Would you go next year or not?

Cheers
Greg

JB
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Mate i think so, either a bigger boat or a bit more of a crew would be good. I'll have to see what happens next year. The mrs has a bun in the oven so i'll have to do some groveling LOL

Jas

dfox
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
It was good to meet up with you up there Jas, it seems fortune didnt smile apon you, but theres always next time. Once again the old vicegrips save the day! catch ya ... foxy

seapup
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Some nice fish JB well done mate!

TCSunCoast
04-06-2008, 09:54 PM
JB,

Nice fish, how did you get the comp freezer back to your campsite and home?

Tony

Anne-T-Dote
05-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Those shots of the vice grips are rippers. Looks like they did the job no worries.
Also love the bullet hole in the sky.

Was great to meet you JB. It's always good to put a face to a name from Ausfish.

Macca.

JB
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
LOL Tony, i should point out those fish were all the comp winners i was drooling over, we infact caught SFA .. lol

Yeh likewise foxy, macca.. see you blokes next time. We'll try not to run over any chinaman on the way when we come again.

ashh
05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
good stuff. I had to do the same thing with vice grips once, but it was to drive my car (slowly) home after removing the steering wheel. Stupid steering wheel lock barrel had completely jammed (yes it was my car).

Greg P
05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Jas - lucky your an ideas man ;D;D

Nice hoo btw

Angla
05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I thought that was some sort of helicopter at first then picked up the bullet theme. Nice angle.

I was going to ask about the freezer tray but then heard it was the comp freezer.
Would look good in a tent but.

Sound like an adventurous trip with the breakdowns

Chris

Spaniard_King
06-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Jas just loves his adventures.. don't ya mate :)

Timfishin4fun
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I bloke I know told me he used to drive his first car with vice grips on the coloumn.

While sitting on a milk crate.

Gotta love improvisation.

Tim

skipalong
08-06-2008, 07:58 AM
it was a great week