PDA

View Full Version : for something totally different,,,,

choppa
03-06-2008, 09:49 PM
i just tried something different,,, and it turned out great,,, easy as boiling water,,, and was a left over from cooking something else,,,(you'll catch on)

2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil,,,,, canola works
teaspoon salt
3/4 cup warm water
7g packet of yeast

throw it all into a bowl,,, and hand mix it til it forms a dough,,,, pound the bugger outta it ,,,, then place back into the bowl and cover with cling wrap,,,,, (until it doubles in size,,,,roughly,,, half an hour)

pull it back outta the bowl and pound it again,,,,, now try this

cut into half,,, roll it out until its about 2-3mm thick all over,,,, generously cover in cheese and dried tomato/basil salt,,,,,,roll it up and form a ball,,, (but roll it good,,, flatten,,,reroll etc etc),,,,, place to one side

with remaining dough,,,, break into equal pieces,,, roll it til its 2-3mm thick and cover with tomato paste,,,cheese,,,,meat of choice,,, more cheese etc etc etc

bake in preheated 200c oven for 15 minutes and voila,,,,,,, pizza,,,, with """left over"" cheese bread,,,

i was making a snack,,, and could't be bothered cooking more pizza's,,,, the cheese concoction turned out better than i thought,,,,, bloody hot at first but got better as it cooled down,,,,,,,

quick ,,,,, very easy,,,,, and takes less than an hour,,, and a cheap alternative to buying,,,,,,,

ahh mr choppa,,,,, you've done it again;D ;D

choppa