PDA

View Full Version : hamon cove wivenhoe?

murrayscod
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
hi Guys,

does anyone know if hamon cove was reopened since the water rose a bit or is logan inlet the only option besides the sailing club?
cheers Luke

Fitzy
04-06-2008, 11:19 PM
I didn't know the gates had been closed to Hamon Cove.. Is that what you're saying??

Anyway, I put in at Logans a couple of weeks back & went upstream past Hamon Cove, I don't think there was any water in that bay. There's some water flowing into Big Dubya now via the river & Somerset but I don't think it will be enough to see the Hamon Cove ramp be close to the water......

Cheerss,

fitz..

murrayscod
13-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I didn't know the gates had been closed to Hamon Cove.. Is that what you're saying??

Anyway, I put in at Logans a couple of weeks back & went upstream past Hamon Cove, I don't think there was any water in that bay. There's some water flowing into Big Dubya now via the river & Somerset but I don't think it will be enough to see the Hamon Cove ramp be close to the water......

Cheerss,

fitz..

hey Fitzy,

i was putting in at hamon cove a year or so ago even when it was just a small creek going out. But then i had heard that they closed it to launching boats there totally?? maybe that was wrong...

without going and looking at it i cant really remember the dam level when i used to launch there compared to the current. just would be nice to launch there again logan takes too long.

cheers Luke