PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to remember to bring on your trip? what do you often forget?

nail
03-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I got to remember to bring my beach bum portable seat. For back support when you sit on the beach and fish.

bluefin59
03-06-2008, 08:05 AM
I need to remember to take the wife or its big trouble for me accept days like today where she is working and i'm not ha ha ...matt

imnotoriginal
03-06-2008, 08:21 AM
The fish! I've forgotten them so many times lately.
Joel

skinss
03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
I forgot a knif one trip a 2nd trip bait, plugs in boat more than once and the stuped off all was my mate measured the fuel with a stick to see if it was full because his dad told him it was the best way to check if it was full, all it did was run up the stick.we ran out and straight up on the rocks.beat that.for the idot off the year.

TimiBoy
03-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Deckie forgot bait once. We discovered this once well into the bay... jigged up some livies, all cool.

I forgot the Pee bucket. Wife was UNIMPRESSED. So was I, as she used the toilet, and I had to clean it. My fault I guess...

Forgot my hat, burn't my scalp.

Forgot my sunnies, couldn't see.8-)8-)

Riv_71
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Things Iv fogotten.

1. Front wheel for daughters bike.

2. Cloths for the entire family

3. Inflateble bed for wife and me, 4 nites on the bottom of the tent inst good for marrital relations:'(

4. Tent pegs

Im sure my wife will remind me of a couple more later ill post them as well.

Poodroo
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
If you do a search on check lists there have been a few threads that cover this very topic. One of the better ones with the amount of responses is this one.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=78810

Cheers,

Poodroo

cbruh1
03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
One of the first times I took my boat out drove all the way to Jacobs Well about 50km from home to find I didn't bring the fuel line, so drove all the way home and stayed home.
Forgotten sunscreen and sunnies a few times, not fun on sunnydays.

FNQCairns
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Organised to pay for and pickup something on a weekend, drove the 350km to pickup, 325km into the trip I realised I had left the cash sitting at home:(

Poodroo
03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Here is my own boating checklist:-
1/ Bungs (Put them in before I leave home
2/ Fishing rods
3/ Plastics
4/ Tackle Box
5/ Hat
7/ Sunnies
8/ Sunscreen (Now has a permenent spot in the boat..never forget it that way)
9/ Net (Also permenently in the boat)
10/ Fillet Knife
11/ Brag Mat
12/ Esky with ice
13/ Perhaps the most important... drinking water
14/ Cordial
15/ Lunch and nibblies
16/ Full tank of fuel + some reserve just in case
17/ Digital camera (How many of us forget this one?)
18/ Wee bucket. (Have learned very quickly to leave in the boat permenently)
19/ Safety vests to cater for any passengers.
20/ Last thing I do is check everything before I go to make sure that all is working fine...includes Radio, nav lights, bilge pump, sounder. (Normally check these the day before as there is nothing worse than finding something that needs fixing on the day you want to hit the water.

That checklist I have saved on the computer so that I can pull it up and go through things systematically. Works for me as I have not forgotten anything so far.

Poodroo

PinHead
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks to Poodroo, I have used his comprehensive list:

/ Bungs (Put them in before I leave home) . I never take mine out
2/ Fishing rods check
3/ Plastics don't normally use them but the few I have live on the boat
4/ Tackle Box always on the boat
5/ Hat always on the boat
7/ Sunnies rarely wear them
8/ Sunscreen (Now has a permenent spot in the boat..never forget it that way) on the boat
9/ Net (Also permenently in the boat) don't have one unless that is the landing variety and not cast type
10/ Fillet Knife on the boat
11/ Brag Mat on the boat
12/ Esky with ice check
13/ Perhaps the most important... drinking water on the boat
14/ Cordial don't take any
15/ Lunch and nibblies day trip..don't take any
16/ Full tank of fuel + some reserve just in case check
17/ Digital camera (How many of us forget this one?) sometimes take it
18/ Wee bucket. (Have learned very quickly to leave in the boat permenently) dunny on the boat
19/ Safety vests to cater for any passengers. on the boat
20/ Last thing I do is check everything before I go to make sure that all is working fine...includes Radio, nav lights, bilge pump, sounder. I don't do that

I did forget the bait on one trip.

gogetter
03-06-2008, 03:57 PM
have forgotten my lunch..... but didn't matter as i was into the fish so i didn't think about eating but was hungry as when i returned to the ramp...

coucho
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I left the knife behind once my deckie was biting his bait up.
Left the bait behind before too and the esky once.

royslaven
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Forgot mozzie repellant on overnight stay in cobby passage, huuuuge mistake, will never happen again, stays in the boat now, cheers.

scrubba01
03-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I forgot the keys to the boat once got all the way to the Gold Coast backed the trailer in and went to start the boat, no keys. Got the wife out of bed at 5am and she met me halfway with them. I also forgot the GPS once on a crabbing trip so it wasn't to bad.

tunaticer
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
A spare pair of things as one thong will invariably come a gutsa and be beyond repair if you are off for a week trip.

Another thing i have now installed in each of the following places:
car, boat, camping kit, wading kit, canoeing kit and picnic kit is a small first aid kit.
The one in the car is quite expansive being a 3 tray plano box crammed full but the rest are about the size of a small lunch box.

Jack.

NAGG
03-06-2008, 06:50 PM
BRAID SCISSORS ......... nothing worst IMO ( I now have 3 pair on the boat _ fresh one hidden,,,,, after my mate dropped a pair over the side :'(

Nagg

Mtx
03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
forgot bait once.

another time I didn't take the esky, as we were only shooting out for an hour - never catch anything. Ended up with 5 keeper squire and a schooly!!!!

esky has been on every trip since and remained empty

johnny roger
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
i dont forget anything....my missus always says is there any room left for the kitchen sink?! in other words i take everything. and 9 times out of ten, everthing i bring comes handy for something or another.

skinss
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
I forgot a knif one trip a 2nd trip bait, plugs in boat more than once and the stuped off all was my mate measured the fuel with a stick to see if it was full because his dad told him it was the best way to check if it was full, all it did was run up the stick.we ran out and straight up on the rocks.beat that.for the idot off the year.
For got to add when we were on the rocks waiting for the next wave to run the boat up and total it we got throwing a rop the problem was my mate forgot to get the ancor back in the boat and it draged 400mtrs and ther were people fishing off the rocks ended up spooling 8 people that day and thay all waighted at the ramp to kill us.

Xahn1960
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Boat Keys........

Breambuster33
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
The Bung :-[:-[

Mtx
04-06-2008, 07:25 AM
oh, also got to the ramp last weekend. Forgot to take the winch power cable and didn't take the manual handle.

good thing the ramp is only 5 mins from home :)

Celestial_Teapot
04-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I drove 50km's only to discover i had everything BUT my reel :-/.

LeeannP
04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Got to remember loo paper :)

Timfishin4fun
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Nothing I can't go without for the day.

How can you guys forget the bait? Or boat keys.

Man you wife must of been nagging bad that day.

Tim

lil_tinnie
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Normally i will always forget something but for the most of it, it will be sunnies hat and sunscreen.

onerabbit
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
For got to add when we were on the rocks waiting for the next wave to run the boat up and total it we got throwing a rop the problem was my mate forgot to get the ancor back in the boat and it draged 400mtrs and ther were people fishing off the rocks ended up spooling 8 people that day and thay all waighted at the ramp to kill us.

You would have been popular that day,

but hey, sh!t happens .

Muzz

Haphazard1
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Went to christen the new quintrex. Travelled about 60km's to boat ramp with my daughter. Just about to back boat down ramp when police turned up with sirens going and nearly T boned me at top of ramp. They got out with guns drawn and I stopped and thought what the!!! Some bloke had stole a car and the police had stopped him on the bridge where I was putting the boat in. The bad guy then jumped into the water. Bad move as it was running at about 6 knots and 200 meters wide so he was hanging onto the pilon. The police then asked if they could borrow the boat to rescue him. By this time about 14 police and 10 cars there. I was very reluctant but after they assured me the would only idle over (first outing and motor not run in) I could hardly refuse could I? Backed the boat in, they all jumped in and I went to park the car. When I got back to the ramp they yelled out as they were drifting downstream, HOW DO YOU START THIS? With those words I remembered that the keys were at home - 60 kms away. All this in front of about 50 people. Needless to say I felt very embarressed and pissed off. The up side was to see three policemen paddleing the boat out with those delightful plastic paddles which came with the boat. Me. I had a wonderful drive home and back again to get the keys. Made the paper and news but luckily not many people heard about it. I now keep the keys in the car as it would be very hard to get the boat ramp with out the car. cheers

mik01
07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Went to christen the new quintrex. Travelled about 60km's to boat ramp with my daughter. Just about to back boat down ramp when police turned up with sirens going and nearly T boned me at top of ramp. They got out with guns drawn and I stopped and thought what the!!! Some bloke had stole a car and the police had stopped him on the bridge where I was putting the boat in. The bad guy then jumped into the water. Bad move as it was running at about 6 knots and 200 meters wide so he was hanging onto the pilon. The police then asked if they could borrow the boat to rescue him. By this time about 14 police and 10 cars there. I was very reluctant but after they assured me the would only idle over (first outing and motor not run in) I could hardly refuse could I? Backed the boat in, they all jumped in and I went to park the car. When I got back to the ramp they yelled out as they were drifting downstream, HOW DO YOU START THIS? With those words I remembered that the keys were at home - 60 kms away. All this in front of about 50 people. Needless to say I felt very embarressed and pissed off. The up side was to see three policemen paddleing the boat out with those delightful plastic paddles which came with the boat. Me. I had a wonderful drive home and back again to get the keys. Made the paper and news but luckily not many people heard about it. I now keep the keys in the car as it would be very hard to get the boat ramp with out the car. cheers

hahahaha - thats a classic!

reel scream
07-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Things Iv fogotten.

3. Inflateble bed for wife and me, 4 nites on the bottom of the tent inst good for marrital relations:'(

Hey Riv ... Stop the complaining. I think not. At least you would have had to be on your back as the matress;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Scott

marty+jojo
08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I forgot my sunnies once, ended up with a shocking headache.
Another time i forgot the depth sounder, turned around and went home.
Marty.

garman1
09-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Haphazard 1,

I reckon after that lot, you deserved a run in a police car with sirens back to your place for the keys, while a few of the boys in blue got your gear ready for you....oh and not to mention a camera so they could all pose in front of your boat...... just for a momento...happy days

If you had a photo of that, wouldn't you want to post it for us to admire????

Cheers Garry

Fish_gutz
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
netted some livies ready to head out of cabbage tree creek and had left the hand held gps at home ....DOH! left the tinnie with all my gear sitting on the sand and did the five minute trip home only to come back and see the big stork/egrett helping himself to the last of my livies.......at least he didn`t knock of my gear and at least someone got a fresh feed of fish!

Haphazard1
14-06-2008, 12:30 PM
garman1,

Got a letter of thanks from the commissioner for my trouble. (spelt my name wrong of course) Will also expect a free pass when / if I get into trouble someday. Wonder how I'll go??????????

Cammy
14-06-2008, 05:33 PM
i need to remeber to take everything, usually i forget to take hooks, sinkers and swivels along with the ruler and scissors, i think i forgot my rod once.

Cammo