PDA

View Full Version : E -TEC Problem

mnorl2
02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I have just purchased a new E-TEC 115. In the first hour of operation after cruising between 2200 and 4000RPM something strange happened. As I slowed down to put her in neutral .... there was a problem in the throttle control slipping into nuetral properly...there was no usual click... a moment later the engine started revving up to shit. It did not sound good...no won would take revs that far and I was so shocked and on the backfoot... I didn't check how high the revs were... it kept going for 5 seconds and then I switched it off. After waiting a while the I restarted, and moved it into forward and reverse successfully..but it seemed to be in safe mode as I could not take her up past 650RPM.

I had a mate tow me to a registered dealer half an hour away. In time he plugged in his lap top and went through some checks. It came up that the throttle cable was not set correctly.... after taking her for another spin it seemed fine.... but an hour later the same thing happened.... this time I had to limp back to the wharf at 650RPM and under my own steam.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or heard of this happening before... Please send a thread before I take her back to the dealer again.

This would be much appreciated.

regards, :-[
mnorl2

Mindi
02-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Go to this forum and repost your problem there...sounds like a setup problem doesnt it..?
http://forums.etecownersgroup.com/mb/barnaclebill

mnorl2
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks mate,

I have just registered with this site and will take it up with them.
Cheers
Matt