PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get a rocketlauncher made?

Dean1
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys and girls im asking for info again! Im trying to find a good place on the northside of brissy who could make me a stainless rocketlauncher for my tub?? There was a place at geebung who made some rails up for a boat about five years ago cant remember there name :-/ Not sure if they still exist they were great, im not having much luck with the yellow pages. Anyone help please? Thanks, Dean.

captain rednut
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Ark Marine 38654107 Ask For Rodney

Blackened
03-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Afghanistan

No seriously Dean, I know you asked for northside, but just a suggestion if there's no luck up there, Ray at horizon shores runs the stainless fabrication down there, brilliant work.

Isn't there also a member here that does stainless fab?

Dave

leezor
03-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Dean, shoot sid_fishes a PM, he has done stainless work for me in the past. Ian's work is top quality and he goes out of his way to look after fellow Ausfish members, I highly recommend him.

Cheers,

Lee

fly_1
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Allan from Seatrek marine on the coast does a great job...

Mtx
03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Dean,

I too can recommend Ian (Sid_Fishes). He did all the stainless work on my last boat - Rocket Launcher and Bait Board.

He is also doing the baitboard for my new boat that he is installing on thursday for me.

Absolutely second to none in his work and how he looks after Ausfish Members.

Shoot him a PM for sure.

Pics of my old boat below.

Cheers

Jason

lethal098
03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
jason, what sort of cost is there for rocket launchers, if you dont mind.
cheers

Mtx
03-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Honestly mate, I do not remember. Also with the constant changing in stainless pricing recently, it would be wrong of me to set unrealistic expectations that could potentially be way off the mark.

Just shoot sid_fishes a pm, he is more than accommodating for ausfish members and I am sure he would happily discuss further with you.

CHAPPY
03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Any Tent In The Back Streets Of Afganastan?:'(

Chappy

backlash08
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Mtx is spot on with stainless pricing, the global market has increased by ~70% in the last 12 months!, maybe not at retail but at point of manufacture

Mtx
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah Clee, I have heard that as well. Also my rocket launcher was made over 12 months ago.

2 days till new stainless baitboard on the yalta :) cant wait.

Dean1
03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey thanks heaps for the replies fellas, sounds like sid fishes might be the man for the job 8-)

Grand_Marlin
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
If you have any trouble Dean, give me a call.

Cheers

Pete

Dean1
03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I did a member search and couldnt find sid fishes??? :-/ Can u pm me sid if your reading this please, cheers.

Hornet Rider
03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Any Tent In The Back Streets Of Afganastan?:'(

Chappy

LMAO Chappy. You're not from Clan Chappell, by any chance are you? You know, the one's who bowl underarm?

Kabul, Kandahar or a little place just north west called Deh Rahwood - all good spots to pick up some reasonable rocket gear - scratch the paint off the around where the fuze screws onto the main body & if it says Made in Iran, you're onto quality gear 8-)

CHAPPY
04-06-2008, 06:41 AM
LMAO Chappy. You're not from Clan Chappell, by any chance are you? You know, the one's who bowl underarm?

Kabul, Kandahar or a little place just north west called Deh Rahwood - all good spots to pick up some reasonable rocket gear - scratch the paint off the around where the fuze screws onto the main body & if it says Made in Iran, you're onto quality gear 8-)

No sir ,names Chapman not related to that dishonerable gentleman. But sounds like you were in an area where you were the target species. Glad you got back in one piece to enjoy a quiter life.

Regards Chappy

Mtx
04-06-2008, 07:11 AM
it is sid_fishes.

I will shoot him a PM to contact you just in case you still cannot find him.

Fish Guts
04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
i can also recommend sid-fishes. only tradesman ive had that rocks up 25mintures before a job. great work & good price.