PDA

View Full Version : suzuki owners

breamnut
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
hey guys tryin to do a bit of reserch before i buy my first 4 stroke.
i am looking at something about the 40hp range and am really considering a suzuki.
a mate has a 140hp thats awsome but i want to hear of a few more guys and there experiances...
again the new honda looks very sexy
atm im looking at yammie,murc,suzuki or honda
now im looking at something with the gears on the tiller for the reason when trolling for jack i can wack it back in nutral to slow my self down.
though yammie has the slowest idleing speed
also the suzuki are a fair bit cheaper then the others.

Dan5
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
A mate has the 40 suzi and it's a top little motor,quiet,smooth and efi and good on juice they have been around for nearly ten years.With the tiller set up the yammie has the best i think with gear lever and trim tilt right where your thumb is the only draw back with the yammie is that it's still a carby engine.We had 4 40hp yammies for charter work that all did roughly 2500hrs every 2 years the only real issues we had with them were gearbox seal's.The Merc,Suzi,Honda and yammie are all good engine's,

Dan,

Spaniard_King
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda has just released their new 40 - 50 models lightest in that class.Both engines come with Blast and economo technology. Took both engines for test runs on 5 different boat setups last wednesday, certainly worth a look.

Honda will have the specs on these new engines up on their web site some time this week :)

Dan5
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda has just released their new 40 - 50 models lightest in that class.Both engines come with Blast and economo technology. Took both engines for test runs on 5 different boat setups last wednesday, certainly worth a look.

Honda will have the specs on these new engines up on their web site some time this week :)

Are the new one's efi?

Spaniard_King
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes Dan they are and they are quoting %22 more fuel efficient than the carby one it replaced and around 10-15% better than any other brand currently on the market

chewy01
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Got a 50 suk just had its 700 hr srevice.all good.Am a yammy man myself but impressed by the quietness?? of the zuk. 2 mates have 49 yammys t/s and both had an issue with some bush in the leg,giude for drive shaft from memory.didnt affect the performance but made a noise.easy fixed.they will have it sorted now i imagine

Flex
01-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Cheapest quote for 4 strokes I can find are from Yamaha. Im looking at a 50hp Yamaha for $7400.

Compaired to a suzuki for $8500.

where are you getting your cheap suzuki from if you dont mind me asking?

breamnut
02-06-2008, 06:49 AM
sorry mate its just my price cant say were

breamnut
02-06-2008, 06:52 AM

yer have ahd a bit of a talk to the guy at currumbin marine and he says the new honda's have got more grunt.
worth a look but more expensive then anything else:-[

TimiBoy
02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
My Brother in Adelaide runs a 40 Honda. I've fished it a couple of times, it is a sparkling performer and really, really quiet. He loves it to death. Have a good look at them!

Roo
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
If you can get the 40hp Suzuki for the cheapest price then I'd go with that. They are not usually the cheapest to buy but if the deals that good, they are an excellent motor. My DF50 is only 4yrs and 140hrs old but purrs like a kitten. i find the idle speed a bit too fast for slow trolling but you can always find ways around that.
Go for it Breamut.

breamnut
02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
just found a 4.25 shaddow mirage all craft with the new 40hp honda on it livwells,sounders the lot.
just have to sell my hornet trophy now

Spaniard_King
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
just found a 4.25 shaddow mirage all craft with the new 40hp honda on it livwells,sounders the lot.
just have to sell my hornet trophy now

Where did ya find that if ya don't mind me asking PM if needed:)