PDA

View Full Version : Real Sweet

Wahoo
01-06-2008, 06:51 PM
how sweet dose WOT sound, not because its on a Verado,............... Honda, Zook, E Tec, would all sound good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pUOfC5qxl4

Daz

Dan5
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Was that you out there sea trialing your new toy? LOL get to G I in 5 minutes

Bloody verado owner's

Mtx
01-06-2008, 07:08 PM
hate to be paying the fuel bill at WOT!

stevea
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Nice Sounds, which goes faster, the tacho or the fuel guage?:)

disorderly
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Yeah WOT's for bogan's.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

I'd prefer to just poke along at cruise speed....55 MPH...http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/shocked.gif

Wahoo
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM

with an outfit like that, $$$$$ for fuel would be the last thing on ones mind

Daz

bobp
01-06-2008, 07:16 PM
3 x 350hp how sweet it would be

Jabba_
01-06-2008, 08:53 PM
One proplem... Supercharger whine not loud enough.... Seriously, if I going to have a supercharger I want to hear it... Nothing beats the sound off a supercharger screaming at WOT....

Greg P
01-06-2008, 08:56 PM
with an outfit like that, $$$$$ for fuel would be the last thing on ones mind

Daz

Daz - way things are going I reckon even the seppos with rigs like that would be getting worried. I reckon you could watch the gauge go down @ WOT but it sounds bloody good.

How is that bass/bream boat of yours going :-X;D;D ( I saw your post on THT Smt a ;D;D;D)

Wahoo
02-06-2008, 07:39 PM
How is that bass/bream boat of yours going :-X;D;D ( I saw your post on THT Smt a ;D;D;D)[/quote]

LOL Greg, ;D;D;D;) got a whopping 78hrs on it :-X:-/:-/

Daz

johnny roger
02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
OK...what the hell is a WOT!?:-/

sid_fishes
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Waste Of Time........ Lol Wide Open Throttle For Those That Can Afford It Mate

Wahoo
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
OK...what the hell is a WOT!?:-/

G'day JR

theres only 2 speeds, slow and WOT ( flat out;D )

Hi Matt, if they were any louder ( SC whine) you 2s boys would complain thats it too loud;D;D:-*:-*

welcome back;)

Daz

Alchemy
02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I was in Cairns a few weeks ago, and managed to find a bit of time to have a look around the pier. There was a RIB there that 4 x 250hp Suzuki four strokes hanging off the back. Would love to take that for a run.

DP.

Wahoo
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I was in Cairns a few weeks ago, and managed to find a bit of time to have a look around the pier. There was a RIB there that 4 x 250hp Suzuki four strokes hanging off the back. Would love to take that for a run.

DP.

cant say i have seen that DP, dont get in town much, but now i must venture in and take a look, sounds sweet8-)

Daz

Reel Nauti
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
It's got me buggered why so many boaties run their motors at WOT. Maybe I'm ignorant or have missed something that I should know, but it just seems ridiculous to run a motor at WOT. I mean, we don't do it to cars or bikes or even the bloody mower...........do we?? Why belt an engine at full noise?

Dave

TimiBoy
03-06-2008, 05:54 AM
One proplem... Supercharger whine not loud enough.... Seriously, if I going to have a supercharger I want to hear it... Nothing beats the sound off a supercharger screaming at WOT....

Yep, sometimes I wish my V-Rod gave even a dull rumble, let alone a howl. Terribly disappointing all that quiet. Really is.

I always thought the purpose of an outboard was to stop boring conversations by drowning them out! Not on my boat, sadly...:P:P:P

chop duster
03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
The boat with quad 250 zuks is the raging thunder's thunderbolt, does day tours out to the reef. Used to run a couple of yanmar's, although had too many troubles of some sort, think it might have come close to sinking too. Prob does about 40-45knots.
Wouldn't be too worrried about running a verado (or the like) at WOT for too long, have come back from the reef plenty of times with the throttle pinned, also do a search on the Hull-truth plenty of discussion on the topic if interested.

honda900
03-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Hey Wahoo,

ever consider why they dropped that many donks on the back ? then there was the other merc video with the 4 250s on the back next to it, then a third with another 3 mercs, on the back.. :o

Maybe they are just worried about getting home again.. ;D

Hey TimiBoy,

that vrod is about the perfect weight for an anchor for you cruisy. ;) finally put a harley to good use..

Regards
HOnda.

Wahoo
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey Wahoo,

ever consider why they dropped that many donks on the back ?

because if they get a flat tyre out there and forget the floating bottle jack, something can be done;D;D

or is it ....."because " they can::)

Daz

BrenMac
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Cruising at 55MPH and 70MPH full noise- HOLY CRAP!!!:P

Cheers
BMac

Jabba_
03-06-2008, 06:29 PM
It's got me buggered why so many boaties run their motors at WOT. Maybe I'm ignorant or have missed something that I should know, but it just seems ridiculous to run a motor at WOT. I mean, we don't do it to cars or bikes or even the bloody mower...........do we?? Why belt an engine at full noise?

Dave

Because the fealling off doing 60mph and chine walking is to good too good to do only once....

And because we can......

back to Superchargers... If I get a Verardo, I want it to sould like this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes&feature=related