PDA

View Full Version : Touchy M & G Round up

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I need sleep and put up the ' truth ' after the stories have been told. ;) ;D

bruce

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
After making the right call in the early hours of Friday morning regarding the weather conditions, I arrived at the Cabin early evening to find ‘ thedeckie ‘ in good form. Big_D and Rhonda were next door. On the other side were Pinhead, Trophy, Bec and Aigutso, next to them was Jonno, Conrad, Guy and Nathan. Craigie joined thedeckie and myself and SCOTTYGC and young fella Jack turned up Saturday. Had a visit from Poodroo, Kyle and Sheray.

Friday 6.30 ish we waddle off to the JW hotel for dinner. Seating for 12 or so. Dinner over with, although thedeckie was wanting some fillets off the Angel fish in the tank… ??? we went next door to the public bar to watch footy.

Of course the local “ Gal “ was playing guitar and singing her songs, so we couldn’t hear the footy, but the small/ big screen gave my pleasure watching “ Locky “ weave his magic to put the Eels to the sword… hey Peter !!!! ;D :P

Craigie and thedeckie were hitting the TAB hard and doing OK, Guy and myself took 3 games of pool to knock off the local ‘ shark ‘. 8-) The girls were sipping bubbly and all was good. Chatted to locals and generally didn’t make a sceen. At some ridiculous hour of the evening, we left the JW and staggered back to Camp Ausfish. A game of cards between Jonno, Guy, Conrad and myself ensued. No need to reply about my dress sense, Jonno !!!:-X

Well around 3ish, I head to bed… deckie still up on the giggle juice.. rum or something. Bit seedy in the morning. Big breakfast was engulfed, thanks paul !!

Still most of the gang went out for a fish, hiding against banks behind islands proved the Gee Ooo. Fish were on the menu for lunch. Fresh cooked bream, yummo. The afternoon soon passed without incident, but still liquid refreshments going down well. The call went out to hit the JW again and we found the crew from next door there enjoying dinner again. The AF gang moved into the public bar and took up residency at the TAB table. With Bec, Sue, Greg, Craig, Paul, Mike and myself all putting on bets. Craig and thedeckie were the only experienced “ punters “ there so their advice was sort throughout the night.

Well done to Bec and Sue for their great “ Omen ‘ bets bringing a $17 plus dividend for the win. I managed to break even with my Omen bets and Craigie pulled a nice trifecta. Apart from Team AF there was only 2 locals in the place, so we basically had the place to ourselves, which was good, and thanks to thedeckie for the “language “ education ! OH, and for sharing your “ pool ‘ prowess……!!!!! ::)

Big cook up for breakie at Peter and Rhondas cabin, with the addition of the casserole leftover from previous night…. Great stew Pete. !!

Forgot to mention the other gang caught some good fish and Conrad even practiced “ catch and release “ on Jonno’s horse bream………. Enough said !!!!!!! >:( :-X

Weather was not as bad as predicted, but still very windy and some rain about. It was fishable and although the rain held off, was a good call not to take an open tinnie out.

Great to catch up with all and hope to see you ferrets at the River To Mud shortly. ;)

Cheers Phill ( bruce )

Big-D
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Well Phill the weekend was just tops, Rhonda & I had a great time. I am glad that the crew just loved my stew, because it will be on the menu again next year.

Thanks to all the people that came down to make it such a good weekend.

Looking forward to Next year.

Cheers Big-D & Rhonda.:)

Tangles
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Bec and I had a great time, yep it blew a bit and there wasnt much fishing but I think that with the crew that turned up and stayed in the cabins, a good social time was had by all... Friday night at the local was a classic. Cant ask for more really, beer, food, heaps of laughs and stories, it was a M&G, special thanks to Bec and Sue.

Mike

Horse
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
It sounds like you had a great time despite the weather. I had arranged to borrow a mother ship and was pretty uncomfotable with the forcast. It looks like it was OK but then again it might have been the full 40knts

Next year bigger and better

Cheers

Neil

Lucky_Phill
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Just to update you all on an event that took place recently.

The Fred " Touchy " Wood memorial M & G that is held at Jacobs Well ( Gold Coast ) was a washout due to inclement weather. Further issues have arisen and now that M & G is to be combined with the River to Mud.

All this really means is that the ongoing major prize ( Custom built sp rod ) will be awarded to the Heaviest Bream in the R 2 M m & g.

I encourage all who attended and wanted at attend the Touchy M & G to come along to the River to Mud.

See you all there.

Phill

2DKnBJ
02-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Bit of a bugger that Huey didn't come to the party and give us some decent weather for the weekend.Maybe Touchy could pull Him aside and have a little chat with Him.
A big thanks has to go too Phill and the crew for organising this M&G it is not just as easy as turning up on the day and going fishing.Also to the crew at VMR Jacobs Well for making the area available to us.

Cheers Dazza

rakinray
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
G/ day all sorry i missed all the action but i was under the weather myself and with all that wild weather, i whimped out :-/ Great to see the normal crew never beaten, and great to see the un-finished "TOUCHY" week-end rollin into Webbys R to Mud wont wanna miss that one (hail or shine) ;D Seems the few times i met Touchy was when we fished the MUD and Bay areas with him being "WEBBYS" deckie. (See pic) Well done to all who organised the M&G but it seems that if you need someone to help out then "SKANKY-HOE" PHILL is always in there, so well done again Phill will catch up on the barbie at the "R&M. How many sleeps till then ! Heres a few from last years River to Mud. And a couple of old sea DOGS sittin on Webbys snapper marks !

CHEERS RAY::)

JNRSECURITY
03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Thank you all for attending the annual meet & greet for Touchy. A good time was had by all. Many a Stone's was consumed and many stories were told about Touchy. It was good to remember him with all of his friends.

If anyone is willing to give Conrad some "netting" lessons as he will never live down letting my horse bream go!

Would like to thank Big D and Rhonda for their hospitality and especially his sausage stew concotion.

Lucky Phil's dress sense needs to be looked at for the next year's event. Minimum dress attire will be jocks and shorts preferably!;D

See you all next year for another adventure out on the big blue sea!8-)