PDA

View Full Version : Colour of Braid

Celestial_Teapot
31-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Do you think the colour of your braid makes any difference if you are using a 2 - 3m fluro leader?

I'm about to buy some 6lb Fireline in pink (so i can see where my SP is) but i don't want to make a mistake that will cost me fish. I would welcome some advice from you more experienced fishos.

cheers.

TimiBoy
31-05-2008, 02:29 PM
No, but Wag's pink braid makes me think he's a sissy!;D;D;D

chief 1
31-05-2008, 03:07 PM
no,it shouldn't mate,thats a pretty long leader so they shouldn't see your braid anyway

Leighton
31-05-2008, 03:22 PM
doesnt make much of a difference. My wife has pink on her reels:P

Stren Microfuse is a better option than Fireline and its a less flouro colour

smoked
31-05-2008, 04:21 PM
colour of braid wont matter. pink is good for night time. as long as u have a good lenght on ur leader u will be fine

branzino

Celestial_Teapot
31-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Leighton - why Stren Microfuse over Fireline? I'm new to this so your advice is most welcome.

cheers.

Leighton
31-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Fireline is like dental floss where as Stren is a bit softer making it easier to use, cast better.

BARRAkid
31-05-2008, 06:13 PM
In my opinion fireline and microfuse is much the same both good lines i like to use the bright colours expecially for bream so i can see my line at all times.
If you don't like the feel of fireline or the way it sits on the spool try nitlon it is about the same price but if you want to see your line dont get blue get yellow.
With 3m of leader you should be fine i normally fish with about 2m.

If you have anymore questions fire away ;)
cheers BK

wags on the water
31-05-2008, 07:26 PM
No, but Wag's pink braid makes me think he's a sissy!;D;D;D
That's not very nice Tim...::) ::) ::)

I don't think you'll have a problem at all.

Cheers,
Wags

breamnut
31-05-2008, 08:28 PM
sometimes i think it does make a differnce depending what you fish for.
when i surface fish for bream or when the water is very clear i always have more luck using fireline crystle rather then my sunline super pe i have rigged on most of my combo's.
even though you have a leading a bright green or pink line in the water doesnt do it for me and it my just be my opinion but i think it helps.

nautilus
31-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I am not so sure that braid colour is irrelevant. I have two baitcaster setups, one has green braid, the other smoke (black), they are identical in all other ways. The black one out catches the green about three to one. That being said, I have other spinning combos (not the same) where the yellow braid has never caught one single thing, but other non-yellow colours do fine? I am sure there is some reason why the fish prefer one over the other, but I don't know what it is. Maybe it is the colour.

BARRAkid
31-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I have never had problems catching fish with fluro braid aslong as you use leader.
When it comes to fluro mono i will never use it ::)
I fish mostly clear water and never had a problem

cheers BK

jayvee
02-06-2008, 10:55 AM
i have 6lb pink fireline on one of my reels mate and i use only 1m of fluro 4lb leader when bream fishing and still catch fish!!
i wont use fireline over 6lb tho as it has to much memory in the line
but if you buying it specificaly for breamin i'd recomend goin lighter to say 4lb
cheers JAYVEE

Celestial_Teapot
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Cheers guys looks like i will try some pink coloured Fireline and as a bonus I'll have new excuse to try if I don't catch anything ;)