PDA

View Full Version : Fraser

Riptide_45
30-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Does any one know how all the boys got home from frazer with this weather? hoping they all got down the island b4 this weather and big swell hit

backlash08
30-05-2008, 09:00 AM
havnt heard but was thinking the same

craig

dfox
30-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Weather has turned bloody aweful up here.... apparently

just a small taste of what we're experiencing weather-wise (photos taken this morning) and a shot of a few fish as well (monday).

Not enough time to do a full report as we're just hooking up the boat to go again... Full report by Greg when we get back to Brissie (or should I say "if" we get back).

ballsie
30-05-2008, 12:58 PM
foxy the entertainer, We travelled home yesterday. rained the entire run home which made the tracks so easy but the beach travel was hard not knowing where the surf started and wash outs were hard to see.

Awesome
30-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Got anymore pic's Shane?

Spaniard_King
30-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Is the comp still going or has it been called off??? anyone know?

Shane Boese
30-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Is the comp still going or has it been called off??? anyone know?

Comp still going but they stop the boat from going out for safty reasons. They did the same yesterday.

Awesome no dought there will be a few more pics go up as soon as people get back from the comp.

Shane

Matt_F
30-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Foxy,

Just out of interest, were all those reds off one hang, or did you just pick them up in ones and twos?

Cheers.

Riptide_45
30-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeh foxy, nice fish mate. did u get any prize winners? At least u got some good weather at the start of the week.

jtpython
30-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Good onya Foxy you kept it up for the Diehard fisherman
Cheers mate
Nice going
Did you do any good prize wise?JT

Horse
30-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Has anyone heard how the guys at the Toyota comp are managing under the conditions:P

Cheers

Neil

Black_Rat
30-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Haven't seen or heard of any reports, it'll make an interesting trip back with Fraser getting pounded over the weekend :o

glennoceanic
30-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I may be wrong but ive heard they all on there way back today

whynott
30-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Well spoke to my husband today,the beach camps got a pounding on wednesday night some tents and camps blown away with the storm. A friend of ours left up there today and said the wait to get on the barge was 2km long. He got home late this afternoon.
My husband and some others are staying tonight for the 4x4 draw, already has everything loaded up to leave early tomorrow. I would say those that are left will leave tomorrow, slow trip off the island.
Yes can not wait to see photos and videos.::) ::)
Cheers Mrs Whynott.
Sue.

Anne-T-Dote
30-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Double or Nothing crew still up on the island enjoying the 50 knot winds and torrential rain.

Congrats foxy on the biggest red throat on day 1.

Using a next G modem which is spacking big time so Greg will post full report when we get back.

Macca.

indy
31-05-2008, 06:58 AM
We come home yesterday had a gut full of the conditions blow its butt off friday night destroying our hole camp all but my tent which had about a litre or two of water in it. Three of us left first thing friday morning and the other six where going to stay for the draw but after what happend to our site they all left as well. Will do up a report.

cheers pete...

backlash08
31-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Pete, sounds like some rugged weather. hope the start of the week was kind to you, look forward to the report
cheers
Craig

Fish Guts
31-05-2008, 09:56 AM
sounds like a mission getting the boats off the island.

BrettyJ
31-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Heard on the radio that all the beach side camps got evacuatide.

Fish_gutz
31-05-2008, 12:16 PM
The results are on the toyota fraser island fishing web site.
http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/events/Content/0,4906,6106_1106,00.html

Dean1
31-05-2008, 03:14 PM
The results are on the toyota fraser island fishing web site.
http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/events/Content/0,4906,6106_1106,00.html Gee Jason Comino got 2nd for the biggest Snap! Someone beat the guy amazing ;D He knows how to catch big knobbies that boy ;)

skipalong
31-05-2008, 05:43 PM
it was a hell of a trip home home and the rocks at rainbow were a no go so the trip was longer through gympie home

dfox
31-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Our group (6 cars and a couple of boats) left waddy this morning around 7am, and i can say without doubt it was the easiest trip home weve ever had, all the cuttings were good, the beach was at its best, hook point was perfect and there was no line up for the barge. I feel for the campers that endured the heavy rain and 50 knot winds on the last days, being in a house we were lucky. I look forward to gregs (reefmaster) fishing report which im sure will be posted in the next few days after he unpacks and wash's that new boat.
pic of us arriving up there last week ...foxy

Awesome
01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Cant wait.

Say a quick hello to your family Greg & post ya report!:P

murf
01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
yep yep what a blow:o

our camp got smashed, absolutely flattened on the Thursday night (didn't get me out of bed though, I just stayed put until daylight)so there was nothing left to do but pack up and rack off

we had a sensational time over the two weeks, we caught 9 reds to 9.5kg a heap of mixed reefies and others to fill the freezer:)

all in all a great trip all round even with the wind;) it just added to the Fraser adventure. all the crews were great again as per usual and was great to catch up with some familiar faces

the mate Craig that went up with me was blown away by the size and number of big boats compared to my little 4.75 ally, even all the money in 4WDs just has to be seen to be believed

cheers Murf

backlash08
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Murf, Great that you had a good time and a successful trip
cheers
Craig

CT
02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
to my little 4.75 ally

Hey Murf,
How did your machine fare up there? Your hull is one of the ones on my possibles list so I'm keen to hear how it went out through the break, how far you got out, and how comfortable you felt? Is this a regular thing for you?

Cheers
Craig

Mrs Ronnie H
02-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi all
Report from our young bloke about Friday night--- should I say his escapades trying to get Friday night.

Woke to phone call early saturday. Was Dan, Got towed 30 k up fraser beach, waves lapping at his wheels. CAr trouble apparently??
That was low tide.

Weather must of turned bad up there apparently??????/
$660 bucks it cost to get his bloody car tilt trayed home from Rainbow.

Report from young one said it was pretty rough Friday night and was getting worse.

Ronnie

Anne-T-Dote
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi all
... Got towed 30 k up fraser beach, waves lapping at his wheels....

Yeah Ronnie, when we woke up Saturday morning getting ready to leave we heard that all the people who left Friday night had a lot of trouble due to there being no beach left to drive on - even at dead low tide. We were concerned to say the least. :'(

However, as foxy said above, it was one of the easiest trips down the island we could've ever hoped for. I guess the difference between Friday night and Saturday morning was that the low tide was an extra 0.35m or so lower. Doesn't sound like much but must've been just enough to make all the difference hey?

Mind you though, you'd never have guessed it was low tide coz there still wasn't anywhere near as much beach as you'd expect, but what was there was plenty hard enough and smooth enough for a good run.

The inland tracks were so smooth and hard you'd be excused for thinking a grader and roller had just been through, well those that had any longitudinal grade anyway. The flat sections were ponding a fair bit of water but the sloped sections had flattened out like a highway. :o

Anne-T-Dote
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey Murf

Great to catch up again mate. Looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Will let you know if we are ever heading down to Woopi or Coffs.

Cheers,

Macca.

murf
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey Murf,
How did your machine fare up there? Your hull is one of the ones on my possibles list so I'm keen to hear how it went out through the break, how far you got out, and how comfortable you felt? Is this a regular thing for you?

Cheers
Craig

very happy with the little boat, we did up to 90km in any one day (30lt fuel) and it handles as it should, no hidden surprises at all, its wet on the 1/4 as you would expect from a small C/C tinnie but you sit the nose right up and take your time and all is good in the rough stuff, we were in a solid 15/20kn breeze a few days drifting backwards at 2kns into the Southerly;) I only ever beach launch so all is good there:)

cheers Murf

jtpython
02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Murf how did you go maste haven't heard from ya ages
DID YA GET A RED MATE
JT

murf
02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Murf how did you go maste haven't heard from ya ages
DID YA GET A RED MATE
JT

Gday JT

yes I have been a bit on the quiet side

we did the run up Fraser with a Gladstone boat Blackjack 6.5m Qinnie, old Vince

we got 9 Reds between Craig and I from my 55.5cm (released) up to Craigs best 9.5kg my best was only 6kg but was still very happy with that;D we got smoked on several occasions:o with no hope on 55lb mono, we were using your style of rigs but I was mainly putting a doulble snooded hook set up instead of the single hook

cheers Murf

jtpython
03-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Man good stuff least you broke the red barrier mate
And i'll be seeing my $50 rig fee alteration setup royalties
LOL
Nice work mate
I'll see if we can match that on this week at the Hook up
Cheers mate
JT

murf
03-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Man good stuff least you broke the red barrier mate
And i'll be seeing my $50 rig fee alteration setup royalties
LOL
Nice work mate
I'll see if we can match that on this week at the Hook up
Cheers mate
JT

good luck with the Reds again this year at the hookup;)

hope the weather settles for ya

Cheers Murf