PDA

View Full Version : Fred ' Touchy ' Wood M & G 2008 UPDATE

Lucky_Phill
30-05-2008, 12:55 AM
As of Thursday night... oh bugga, it's Friday morning...::)

The Fred ' Touchy ' Wood memorial M & G is still ON !

The weather forecast and conditions will mean wet and windblown fishoes down at the Jacobs Well. Conditions for small craft in open areas of the Pin will be ' uncomfortable ' at best.

For those that are camping, I suggest you take extra care in setting up and add extra guy ropes.

For those that are still going to have a fish.... you will be fishing at your own discretion ... :-/

A decision has been made to cancel the BBQ.

The presentation of prizes will also be ' postponed '. All people that do fish will have an opportunity to weigh-in their fish and this will be recorded for a ' presentation ' on another day/ date/ event to be advised.

The weigh-in will still be from 12am to 12.30, Sunday morning at the shelter next to the VMR building.

A Sunday morning run by boat to " Touchy's Place " is on , no matter the weather. This will take place at about 8.30am. Meet at the boat ramp at 8.15.

The Tavern dinner and footy is still on. We'll be there from 6pm.

Any questions, fire away.

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
30-05-2008, 07:20 AM
EXTENDED OUTLOOK
Through the weekend the east coast low will sink south with a peak rainfall
overnight Saturday and into Sunday morning for the SE coast. Showers continuing
further west. Little change elsewhere in the state. Later on Sunday the east
coast low and rain band will slip into N.S.W with showers remaining over the SE
region with lighter winds. By Monday a new upper level low will move into the SE
with showers and thunderstorms

Chris Ryan
30-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks Phill. I will have to miss this years event due to kids sport and some other commitments.

Chris

Horse
30-05-2008, 08:29 AM
A Sunday morning run by boat to " Touchy's Place " is on , no matter the weather. This will take place at about 8.30am. Meet at the boat ramp at 8.15.

Which way will you be going?
If we decide to head out we will be sheltered up near Cobby Cobby and can meet up out there
Is any one still fishing?

Cheers

Neil

blaze
30-05-2008, 09:41 AM
makes me wonder wether "touchy" has upset one of the powers to be OR I think the man himself may be telling you lot to toughen up a bit and have a green drink or two and get on with it.

Lucky_Phill
30-05-2008, 12:39 PM
The weather has NOT improved at all.

Looks decidedly krap !

At this stage, I am not boating, thedeckie is not boating, Big-D will remain boatless and so will SCOTTYGC.

bugga !

see youse there soon

Phill

0419 020697

thedeckie

Big_D

Jonno Wood

2DKnBJ
30-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Which way will you be going?
If we decide to head out we will be sheltered up near Cobby Cobby and can meet up out there
Is any one still fishing?

Cheers

Neil

You bet Neil.
I will be in the water by midday Sat,pump some yabbies then try and find some fish without a sounder at that.
Will giove you a call at some stage.

Cheers Dazza

Horse
30-05-2008, 06:27 PM
:'( >:( :-/ FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY A Strong Wind Warning is current. A Gale Warning has been issued for Saturday.
Friday until midnight: S/SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 1.5 metres. Rain
periods.
Saturday: SE/E winds 30/40 knots :o . Seas to 2 metres. Rain periods.
Sunday: SE/E winds 30/40 knots, easing to 25/33 knots in the afternoon.
Monday: SE/E winds 20/30 knots.

Thats us out. I don't mind a bit of wind but thats going too far:-/

Scalem
30-05-2008, 07:02 PM
:'( >:( :-/ FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY A Strong Wind Warning is current. A Gale Warning has been issued for Saturday.
Friday until midnight: S/SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 1.5 metres. Rain
periods.
Saturday: SE/E winds 30/40 knots :o . Seas to 2 metres. Rain periods.
Sunday: SE/E winds 30/40 knots, easing to 25/33 knots in the afternoon.
Monday: SE/E winds 20/30 knots.

Thats us out. I don't mind a bit of wind but thats going too far:-/
Ditto For me,

My wife and I were just asking each other where our boat insurance policy documents are. Sheesh, if you ever wonder what your insurance company would do in the event of having an accident during a "severe weather alert" it is time to not even tempt fate. VMR can stay in their tower and play cards or whatever, they won't be coming out to rescue me either, because I won't be there!!;)

It's a shame, I was looking forward to it.

Scalem

Horse
30-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Hopefully we can reschedule the M&G at a later date

Poodroo
30-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Well I was still keen right up until today but had to consider the fact that being on my own in the boat in crap conditions is one thing but because the wife is working this weekend meant I would have had to drag my two kids along and I just couldn't make them suffer like that. Safety first especially when you are responsible for a couple of young lives as well. If the M&G doesn't get rescheduled I hope that next year will be better. Might just meet up with Phill at the caravan park and spin a yarn or two.

Poodroo

2DKnBJ
31-05-2008, 08:38 AM
At this stage i will not be heading down.If the weather somehow improves later i will head down for the night.
Good luck to anyone heading out.

Cheers Dazza

MY-TopEnder
31-05-2008, 09:15 AM
At this stage I still have the boat hooked up and loaded, but I need to work out why the little Evinrude won't fire to life.

Pending the wind will decide if the boat makes the trip or not. Either way i'll be down on Sunday for a fish at some stage rain hail or shine.

Poodroo
31-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Went for a drive to JAcob's Well this morning where I found Lucky Phill, Aigutso and wife Bec, Pinhead and wife Sue, The Deckie, Craigie, Johnno all in good spirits although a few seedy looks were duly noted. There were a few boats heading out and eventually Craigie and The Deckie decided to brave the winds and head out to have a fish. Hopefully they yielded something for their efforts. It was great to catch up with some of the gang and witness the usual friendly banter amongst good friends happening as often does during these great M&G events. Hopefully next time the weather won't serve us up a crap deal.

Regards,

Poodroo