PDA

View Full Version : Spot Off Cape Moreton

Goldfinch
29-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Launched from Bribie Island on Tuesday morning at about 8am. Nice ride out to the back of Moreton. Very few boats, as you would expect for a Tuesday morning, and very calm seas. Threw out the sea anchor for a drift and on the 2nd drift I put my rod in the holder whilst getting some bait out and BANG....off she went like a rocket. I picket it up and set the hook and it was on. I wasn't sure what it was for the first 10 mins but once I got it to about 10metres I could tell. 15 mins later I landed this lovely 110cm Yellowtail Kingfish approx 12kg. For the rest of the day everything else was 2nd best. A few squire, some taylor, sweetlip, spangled emps and heaps of reef fish to small to bother with. Ride home was superb. The bay was like a pond and at 40mph was back at the ramp in no time. Kingfish steaks for the whole family this week !!!

I think I have attached the pic.

cptpott
29-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Top Kinky mate, that's the fish I was after last weekend!

backlash08
29-05-2008, 05:05 PM
nice kingie, you'd be happy with that!

cptpott
29-05-2008, 05:05 PM
woops, that'd kingy not kinky.....

lethal098
30-05-2008, 09:28 AM
nice fish, what depth did you get him, bait etc. I got a 18kg specimen in 95 metres at deep tempest the other week and they put up a hell of a fight from that depth.

Goldfinch
30-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Lethal 98: I caught him in about 25metres on half a pilly. He took a lot of line for the first 5 minutes or so. Had only just got started and wasn't really paying to much attention, just wanted to get a line in the water. My mate caught one near shallow tempest a couple of weeks ago. How was your arm after 95metres? Ouch !!!