PDA

View Full Version : weather forecasts

rando
29-05-2008, 03:39 PM
There are a few queries/ statements on weather at the moment ,so I'll add another. Has anyone got access to long range forecasts ???.
If so what is the model showing for Northern Rivers for first two weeks in July ( school holidays)
Thanks in advance
rando

Aunty Jack
02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
me trick knee telling me rain first 3 days and the last two.
sorry couldn,t help myself. :grin: :vrolijk_1: :vrolijk_26:

rando
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Your knee does tricks and talks!!!!?:o, I think you've be over-indulging in the waccy-baccy;D

Mtx
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
do you think a forecast that far out would be accurate?

gee they cannot even get it right for the next day, let alone a month away hehehe

Donny Boy
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
do you think a forecast that far out would be accurate?

gee they cannot even get it right for the next day, let alone a month away hehehe

They're getting better though....what with all the new high-tec equipment they're putting in.......like windows.

rando
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Windows??::) Don, whatever will they think of next,???

The ABC has a bloke who gives a 28 day forecast , Ive only heard it a couple of times, and I am not sure what day or time it is on.
Anyway, it is surprisingly accurate, in as much as it predicts the major events ,ie rain, windy.
Which is only as accurate as I need, I dont particularly want to spend another holiday down at Iluka if it is raining all week?
cheers
rando

PS I had a look at the "surfweather" link in the other thread on long range forecasts. But you have to be a subscriber to get the long range forecast.

Dezzer
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Think there may be a long weekend coming up

CCDrifter
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I didn't know you could go to Illuka without wind and rain.Some years driving down has clear sky but as soon as you pull in to woody and put the tarp up the wind and rain follow not to far behind.
Nat

Dezzer
04-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Looks like theres a long weekend down that way to.