PDA

View Full Version : Camp Site Tweed

Derek Bullock
28-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Can anyone recommend a caravan park/camp ground at the Tweed. I am thinking of the Boyd's Bay Holiday Park as a base for a few days.

Anyone been there.

MY-TopEnder
28-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I have stayed at the boyds bay park and can recommend it. I was down there in January when we had all the flooding and issues... the owners kept everyone informed and did their best to help everyone out.

Its got good access to everything, has nice clean facilities and the grounds were well maintained.

Raesen
29-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Mate have stayed many times at Tweed for a weekend or week and cant go past the Homestead Holiday caravan Park Chinderah. Next best would be the one on the beach at Fingal (have stayed there a couple of times. There is another next door to Homestaed called the Hacienda and have heard it good as well but havent stayed there.

Great fishing this time of year of the rock walls in the river or beach at Fingal.

Homestead has campsites powered or not right on the river frontage.

I,m sure you will enjoy your time whereever you stay but its good to get aheads up on the site.

Cheers
Pete

liltuffy
30-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Agree with top ender, stayed at Boyds bay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything he said is true and they have a private ramp in the grounds.

Craig

Derek Bullock
30-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys. I Googled Boyds and it looks ok. Not this weekend now though wiith all this crap weather.

Aunty Jack
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
just a heads up on were not to go there are two on the tweed not sure fo the names but can give you locations i see you will be comming from Brissy the first one is on just on the left over SEXTONS HILL the second is diagonal to it . thats the second part of the TWEED river the two on DRY DOCK ROAD look good .
pm me if you want details

mickyr
06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
just a heads up on were not to go there are two on the tweed not sure fo the names but can give you locations i see you will be comming from Brissy the first one is on just on the left over SEXTONS HILL the second is diagonal to it . thats the second part of the TWEED river the two on DRY DOCK ROAD look good .
pm me if you want details

Banora Point caravan park is no longer ( first on left over sexton hill ) . Another good one a bit further down is the North Star Resort at Hastings Point .

kingtin
07-06-2008, 09:38 PM
The Hacienda is everything I would want a site to be Derek, with the Homestead not far behind. You need to book well in advance though.

kev