PDA

View Full Version : Three Clowns Off Moreton, 27th

TimiBoy
28-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Having had the wife bail on me, and appealing to Ausfish for help, three of us set off at 9.30 am from home base in Alex Hills for the ramp at Raby Bay.

We hit the water at 10, and peddled out to the bar on flat water. ANOTHER easy bar crossing - why are people scared of it?

We did a couple of drifts on the southern end of the 29's with no joy, so off to the 35's. Sounder was caked with fish, but not doing much. after a couple of Biiiiig drifts there which netted a couple of small keeper Snaps, we moved North a bit to one of Wag's spots.

Well, what a disaster (hands on hips, shaking finger at Wags), no fish there worth having, apart from maybe another couple of smallish Snapper again.

So Brett reckons we have to get out to Squarepatch. Off we go, happy to be moving again, minds full of images of huge fish, full eskies, and other things I can't type on a public forum...;D;D;D

Arrived there at about 2:30 pm. It didn't disappoint. We ended the day at 4.30 pm sharp for a belter of a run back to the bar with another 4 Snapper (Wags topped the day with a 3.6kg fish) a kingy and an AJ from the rod of Brett, both around 2.5 to 3 kg. No monsters, but a good catch.

Brett also huffed and puffed for a while over what was obviously that Russian sub someone mentioned the other day. I think our Government should be doing something about these covert activites by Foreign Powers in our waters.

The weather all day was exceptional. Little breeze, light current, and a mostly steady barometer (it spiked a little late in the morning but dropped back. Anomoly in the machinery, methinks, but Wags would sagely lean back and say "Operator Error...")

I should mention that while I only landed one 35cm Snapper (which went back), I did a very good job putting those two Shmoes on the fish, and I did all the netting. See I was too busy taking care of my charges to catch anything. that's my story and it ain't changin'!:P

The Boys came back here for a clean up this morning, and after soaping the boat, a good chat over a cup of tea (when I was regaled with stories about all the big fish Brett and Wags have caught over the years, yeah sure!;D) I have come down to the office to share the day.

wags on the water
28-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Clowns????? Who mentioned clowns???
Thanks Tim (er......Captain Clown.... ;D ) for the day out on the big rig. Brett it was nice to meet another AF member who knows how to catch fish. And for my next trick.....I need to show the skipper how to catch fish.;D ;D ;D
Who could ask for more than a top day out with great company, a lot of laughs, and a few fish in the icebox.

Cheers,
Wags

Roo
28-05-2008, 12:26 PM
sounds like a fun day had by all. Top work Timiboy. the last pic looks magic, I bet it was a great ride home.
Cheers Roo.

Dirtysanchez
28-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds mighty fine to me.. half your luck guys.

TimiBoy
28-05-2008, 12:34 PM
And for my next trick.....I need to show the skipper how to catch fish.;D ;D ;D

Mmmmm, I' looking forward to that!

wags on the water
28-05-2008, 12:35 PM
A few more pics of the skipper working......

The skipper hard at work...

He's handy with the net..

Brett with a couple destined for the bbq

Cheech
28-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Top trip. Wish I was there.

frankgrimes
28-05-2008, 02:33 PM
That last pic is a cracker!! Magic conditions..

Frank OO
28-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi TimiBoy (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=45506),

Not that it makes any difference but the first photo looks like a Samson Fish.

Good to see you got out before the big blow. Well done boys.

Frank OO

Reel Nauti
28-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I was just about to send you a pm Timi and ask about the trip! Good to see you fella's enjoyed yourselves, and beautiful weather.

Cheers

Dave

polky
28-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Well done fellas Iam sitting at work just drooling over that photo of the water. Polky.

TimiBoy
29-05-2008, 06:05 AM
It may be Frank, we did debate that. Or rather the Guys did - I saw it and thought, "What the bloody hell is that?"

TimiBoy <------ NOOB!;D;D;D

wags on the water
29-05-2008, 06:40 AM
To all that commented on the sunset photo, thanks. It was also taken while we were hurtling along at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
Tim, (once again::))......, I thought it was a Sambo. ;D ;D

TimiBoy
29-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Yep, Wags, I think you did. All Hail Wags, the keeper of all wisdom!

Including the "how to catch fish" wisdom, which he and Brett kept from me for the whole day!!!;D;D;D I have a cold, so at least I caught something to take home this week...

So it's Brett's fault that I called it an AJ. Ah! A scapegoat! And where is that video Brett?

nowornever
29-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Just a special thanks to Tim for a great day out. ;D Go the four strokes ha ha