PDA

View Full Version : Hookup weather

Cobia Kid
28-05-2008, 07:31 AM
hey guys,
just thought we should cross our fingr as to this rainy weather is the hookups weather come early. the hook up has a reputatation for being wet so i hope this wet now is what we usually have for the hookup and the hookup is a bit sunny for a change;D ,
cheers,
jamie

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!:P

soz if i didnt make sense

Noelm
28-05-2008, 11:44 AM
not too sure exactly what you are asking/saying.

Mtx
28-05-2008, 01:56 PM
drugs are bad hmmmmmk

petelaska
28-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Who are you hooking up with cobia kid

jtpython
28-05-2008, 07:46 PM
The Hook up is a Fishing Competiton Guys
Looking at the weather Jamie ooks good actualy after this bit of wind and rain goes thru
JT

rumy1
28-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Forecast for Monday and Tuesday - 5 kts with sunny conditions.
Hope this weather holds till the week-end !!!

sandbankmagnet
28-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Rain monday and tuesday is the latest from bom

polky
28-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Guys dont, want to be the bearer of doom and gloom, but there are 2 highs forming in the bite, which will bring strong winds all next week. I have that horrible feeling that we will cop wind and rain, but I,am praying for good weather. Been in the last 10 hook-ups and only 1 has been good with 2 reasonable, fingers crossed. Polky.

MyEscape
29-05-2008, 06:29 AM
I'd say Cobia Kid is talking of the Boyne Tannum hookup

Steve

Noelm
29-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd say Cobia Kid is talking of the Boyne Tannum hookup

Steve
OH, OK, I see it all now, was just a tad confusing there for a bit!

Cobia Kid
29-05-2008, 03:07 PM
sorry guys, should have made that it a bit clearer that it was the boyne/tannum
hookup i was talking about,
but just now they is a massive low preassure system off gladtone forming so i
think its another wet and rough one guys,
cheers,
jamie

jtpython
29-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh joy instead of fishing at the Hook up looks like we'll be reduced to drinking for 5 days straight
Don't know if i'll be able to manage
Very Sorried
JT

bundylundy
29-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Boyne/Tannum Hookup. If Plan A(weather good, go fishing) fails then go to Plan B(go to the bar). Hope they don't run out of rum and beer on Sunday night like they did last year. See you's there. Go Team Boss.

Jeff.

jtpython
29-05-2008, 08:45 PM
don't think they'll run out this time Jeff with the price of premixed alcohol there probably be a lot left over

Local_Guy
29-05-2008, 08:55 PM
JT, they heard u were going and stocked up. LOL!

cqfreshie
29-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Don't need premix ... there's a pocket on the side of the tackle soft kit that holds a bottle to keep ya warm. Coke will fit in the ice box ok. Hmmmmm..... only dreamin' ..... Just realised I'm workin'.

Have a good one guys.

Donny Boy
30-05-2008, 01:54 PM
drugs are bad hmmmmmk

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs !

gone_phishin
30-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Even the Cougars looked good last year eh Jeff! What do you reckon JT?!?

Got the maps etc. in the mail today Jeff...thanks for that, just gotta get the CCard to read on the 'puter. Think it's looking like a trip to Awoonga and the hot water outlet weather wise though...bugger.

Awoonga
30-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry Guys Moon Broken.. Ramp Closed at Awoonga....Go play in the salt....regardless of the conditions

jtpython
31-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Even the Cougars looked good last year eh Jeff! What do you reckon JT?!?

Got the maps etc. in the mail today Jeff...thanks for that, just gotta get the CCard to read on the 'puter. Think it's looking like a trip to Awoonga and the hot water outlet weather wise though...bugger.
Not the Couger Burbons Geoff are ya talking about, I'm a JIM BEAM man .;D
I got onto the Couger cans one friday night down there couple years ago on a comp and was crook as ten crook things and copped one of the worst hangovers:-/ i can even remember hugging a giant chicken at the comp and thought i'd lost it but apparently it was the big red rooster chook handing out pamphlets:o
JT

gone_phishin
31-05-2008, 07:12 AM
That's a real bugger Awoonga :'( I guess we'll just have to leave the lake to you guys...do you think you'll be able to fix the moon some time in the future??

You definitely like hugging big RED things don't ya J T;D

Plastic_Magic
31-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Awoonga.

Hay mate so wat is the go with the Ramp?.....That will be a big let down if it cant be fished.

Cheers Plastic_Magic

jtpython
31-05-2008, 07:52 AM
That's a real bugger Awoonga :'( I guess we'll just have to leave the lake to you guys...do you think you'll be able to fix the moon some time in the future??

You definitely like hugging big RED things don't ya J T;D

HAHAHA even big red snapper :P
MMMMMMM after all this rain i suppose the option of putting the cruisecraft in awoonga wouldn't be such a bad idea ;D
LOl Plastic i think Awoonga is trying to keep all them Barra to himself::)
Hope everything pans out for all on the Hook up Freashwater and salt

jtpython
31-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Latest weather
BRING IT ON

rumy1
31-05-2008, 10:51 PM
There is a glimmer of hope yet !!! Only six days to go ...... Batteries are charged, rods are good, bait in freezer, fuel in boat ...... cricky, where are the bung plugs, don't forget the bung plugs.
Bung plugs - bung plugs - bung plugs.

Might just check the safety gear again, radio still works since I checked it only yesterday, better check it again tomorrow just in case ..... now where did I put those damn bung plugs?

This is so stressful !!!

Plastic_Magic
01-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Dont worry bout me it has been a long week of exams.....lol.

I got it just after i posted it....BAHAHAHa.........

Yeah had a look at the weather this morning and it is loking like it might just hold on......I just hope it doesnt rain.....lol

Cheers Plastic_Magic

polky
01-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Bring it on. Boat fueled jerries filled, freezer full of bait and ice, rods are hot to bend, oh bungs, yep in the well back of boat. Cold bourbon, BIG fish man I,am hot to trot bring on Friday, See ya all there. Oh and good luck yo you all, but I hope I,am the one lucky enough to win the big boat, if not someone else will be a happy fisher. Fellas lets have a safe and susscessfull weekend. Polky.

jtpython
01-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Bring it on. Boat fueled jerries filled, freezer full of bait and ice, rods are hot to bend, oh bungs, yep in the well back of boat. Cold bourbon, BIG fish man I,am hot to trot bring on Friday, See ya all there. Oh and good luck yo you all, but I hope I,am the one lucky enough to win the big boat, if not someone else will be a happy fisher. Fellas lets have a safe and susscessfull weekend. Polky.
;D Couldn't say it better mate
i thought my name was on the boat though
Hope weather is good will make for a better comp
jt

NEWBY
02-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Well here it comes. We laughed at work a few days back and said "hookup must be on soon eh" when the weather started to blow 40 and the rain pi$$ed it down. Then there was hope with buoyweather showing a 7 day forecast of great things to come with 10-15s and 4-6ft waves. Not too bad at all. I looked this morning and the maps show the 2 big highs forming getting intensified by the ridges along the east coast and hitting us, wait for it, you guessed it, for the hookup. Friday ok but coming up early to mid 20's on Saturday hitting 30 on Sunday night. seas to 8.ft by sunday arvo.
I get the 7 day forecast on buoyweather and find it more accurate than the others. Having said that, the 7 day forecast has changed every 6 hours since yesterday morning. I guess that we wont really know until Thursday.

Reel Nauti
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
The Queen's birthday long weekend has traditionally been a washout in Gladstone, for most of the years that I can remember. Gladstone show, at the same time, was almost always wet.

I wonder if the Hook Up committee have considered moving to the May day long weekend? Usually more reliable weather at that time.

Suzi and I won't be making the Hook Up this year, but we'd like to wish all of you who are going are fun filled safe weekend. Careful on the water, and bloody vigilant on the roads.

All the best

Dave

rumy1
02-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Fellas ..... use www.seabreeze.com.au (http://www.seabreeze.com.au)

When the arrows get to be red just change the view to windsurfing and the arrows turn green.

Perfect weather all the time !!!

gone_phishin
03-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Have all you entrants seen the email from Ned at the Hookup today...check your emails...bring it on!!!!

jtpython
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
See that Geoff will see you there mate don't forget drinkies mate
And my birthday present too
JT

gone_phishin
03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Hmmm...what to buy the guy who has everything...Cougar Rum and Coke! What...you don't drink it?? Oh well, that can be my present to you, I'll drink it to relieve you of the pain.

jtpython
03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Hmmm...what to buy the guy who has everything...Cougar Rum and Coke! What...you don't drink it?? Oh well, that can be my present to you, I'll drink it to relieve you of the pain.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Shhesus your hard to please or i that me
Righto mate we all should be set and sorted to go boats packed in process of ironing clothes mate all done
:-/ :-/ All we need is the fish to play the game Mate
JT

polky
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Jt Saturday night trip maybe canned due to ordinary weather Sunday, have your number will give you a call Friday/ Thursday Polky.

Belly72
04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Friday looks the goods Im heading to Douglas Fri morn 2am if anyone wants to tag along they are welcome 2am main ramp Gladstone sharp call ORCA 82 cheers.

NEWBY
04-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I am leaving around 6am on Friday for Sykes area. Will probably go out to 100m+ stuff for a few hours and drift around there and Sykes for day anchoring up at Sykes overnight. Saturday head down behind Fitzroy in the 100m+ stuff again then into Fitzroy for the night coming in mid morning on Sunday to Gladstone. Carnelpya or Newby on 82. If your at Sykes Friday night or Fitzroy Saturday night look for the old 35 Bertram Flybridge and come and have a drink.

Cobia Kid
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
well, shes here tmrw guys,
good luck to you all and keep an eye out for the allison team as i wont be far away! lol
cheers,
jamie