PDA

View Full Version : what your favioute native fish

barra king
27-05-2008, 04:17 PM
what your favioute native fish is it the mighty cod or aussie bass you tell me

Nic
27-05-2008, 04:26 PM
It used to be bass but I'm a sooty grunter convert now; they just fight so well for their size! Don't know if they're technically a freshwater fish though? I know bass have to spawn in the salt but I'm not sure about sooties, being new to TNQ and all!

tazzydevil
27-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Mary river or Murray Cod are very nice but bass put up more of a fight so proboally Bass

bdowdy
27-05-2008, 04:46 PM
its the murry cod for me, they have it all, surface hits,huge sizes,great colours,cheers bdowdy..brettsum

27644there a great fish ,

shorty 01
27-05-2008, 06:37 PM
bass grate fish to catch

NAGG
27-05-2008, 08:31 PM
its the murry cod for me, they have it all, surface hits,huge sizes,great colours,cheers bdowdy..brettsum

27644there a great fish ,

Brett .... where do you do your cod fishing ?
Its a fish I've wanted to target ...... but just dont get around to it !:'(

Chris

Cammy
27-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Sootys or Bass for me.

Cammo

Fitzy
28-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Saratoga are my favourite. A truly beatiful fish, fun to catch, awesome to watch cruise along & grab your lure or fly.

Probably something to do with their natural range as well, some magnificent country to be seen in 'Toga Territory.

fitz..

MeePee_99
28-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Bass for me mate!!!!

Leigh77
28-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Even though I fish for Bass on a weekly, if not fortnightly basis, I would have to agree with Fitzy and say the Saratoga.

A beautifull fish that you can sight fish, they play hard and they jump.

Little grey men
28-05-2008, 08:27 AM
The great green fish, Murray Cod....a beautiful animal with the potential to grow to an enormous size. There used to be quite a healthy population of them where I grew up but cotton farming and carp reduced the numbers greatly.
I remember seeing my first large cod, my mate and I were bobbing for yellowbelly using cane rods with yabbies, his got snapped but we grabbed the line and dragged a 25lber out of the river.....scared the absolute hell out of us when its head came out, looked like a giant python or something. It must have been quite a sight, two skinny kids battling something like that. It was only 25lb but it was a wild fish in a wild snaggy river. I fished the same stretch of water on the weekend, nothing but bobbies attacking my spinnerbait, and big ugly carp slurping on the surface.:'( I've heard reports of a handful of smaller cod being caught out there, thank god for stocking associations , so I'll keep on trying til I find them again.

bdowdy
28-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Brett .... where do you do your cod fishing ?
Its a fish I've wanted to target ...... but just dont get around to it !:'(

Chris
hi i live in the northern tablelands, cods own country..cheers bdowdy..brett

nuggstar
28-05-2008, 11:15 AM
id have to say sootys all the way, i love em. that and silver perch and sleepy cod because they so cool to look at

BARRAkid
28-05-2008, 03:12 PM
is barra a native ??? if so thats my vote they hit hard,jump high,and fight hard they are also great to watch on surface lures.

cheers BK