PDA

View Full Version : Fish fillets on the BBQ?

Bubba Gump
27-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Just wondering what your favorite fish fillets were for cooking directly on the BBQ a la natural?

Leighton
27-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Mackerel Steaks, bit of Salt and Pepper

Volvo
27-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Most reef species n if i was to start with ID's it would start with Red Emperor,Coral Trout etc To Mackeral Steaks and ever since purchasing the taflon sheets for the barbi plate they couldnt be more easier and cleaner outcome after cooking..No Stick on plate , nic e goldy colour and can cook some vegies with them also..

johnny roger
28-05-2008, 04:27 AM
hey bubba gump. good to see you again. i reckon mackeral are good on the bbq, followed by travally. always keep squeezing the lemon and sprinkling the pepper on the fillets while cooking.
John

johnny roger
28-05-2008, 04:30 AM
hEY Volvo,

where can you get one of those teflon sheets you spoke of to put on the bbq plate?
John

Volvo
28-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Bought mine from barbacues galore for $24 , But see you can also get them from Bunnings for somewheres between $15-$18..
You can cut them to size or just fold them over where they overlap..
Take them off n give em a wash when finished..Top bit o gear they are:)..
Cheers

Noelm
28-05-2008, 08:41 AM
not too sure why this is so, but Cutlets seem to be by far the best on a BBQ, Fillets are OK, but nowhere near a Cutlet, Broadbill is probably the only exception there, it comes out great, and this was raised before, unless you get some sort of Baking Paper or Teflon Cover, the Plate needs to be spotless, don't know why, but unless it is really clean, Fish comes out all crappy.