PDA

View Full Version : Finally my first Snapper on a PLASTIC

business class
27-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Had to post this as i finally got my first snapper on a plastic.:o I headed out yesterday arvo for a quick fish and low and behold i didn't just come back with my first Snapper but got another squire and a big spangled emperor. I will persist with the plastics now and i think i have finally found a way to get the fish;D ;D ;D . hope you like the photo's

Cheers
Matty

jayvee
27-05-2008, 01:32 PM
well done BUSINESS CLASS that is a cracker spangled and on a placi to, bet it went hard on that outfit aswell! im still tryin to work out these plastic things but i will persist. good to here its workin for you!!
cheers JAYVEE

Leighton
27-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Some great fish mate, what area
Persistance pays

Frank OO
27-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Matty, You must be doing everything right to get a Snapper like that when nobody else can. That Spangled Emperor must have given you a real blast especially on a light Plastic rod.

Are you Brisbane Based? Just wondering if you were near the Cape last night.

Frank OO

business class
27-05-2008, 02:04 PM
[quote=Frank OO;829618]Hi Matty, You must be doing everything right to get a Snapper like that when nobody else can. That Spangled Emperor must have given you a real blast especially on a light Plastic rod.

Are you Brisbane Based? Just wondering if you were near the Cape last night.

Thanks Guys. i can tell you something for nothing though, it took a long time to get my first :( now i hope more will come.;D And i am down on the Gold Coast area. yeah the spangled went crazy i had no idea what it was:-/ , fishing the light gear is good fun, and the snapper fought hard to. i will weigh the spangled tonight but my guess is between 7 and 8kg.

Cheers

Matty

lethal098
27-05-2008, 02:58 PM
matty, nice catch mate you gotta be please with the spangled, i got a 3kg one the other week on plastic gear and yeah they sure do go nuts, well done.

THE FLY
27-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Good work mate. I like seeing the plastics work as i am a keen flicka myself.

Jalova
27-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Well done, nice fish. VERY jelous !!!!

stevea
27-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Very well done, thats a whopper of a spangled emperor. Was it over 5kgs?

Lancair
27-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Awesome fish.
How long have you been trying to catch snapper on SP ? Ive only just started and as yet unsuccesful, so how long have I got to go ? :)

Andrew

Liberty
27-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Well done! Great fishing - there's a lot of us been going Snapperless for the last little while.

Fishbait
27-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Great photos Matt - your smile says it all when you catch big fish like that. Some other AUSFISHERs took me out a couple months ago fishing SPs for my first time and they put me onto some big bl...y monsters. Those moments stay with you for a long time. Happy fishin!;D

SummerTrance
27-05-2008, 09:11 PM
You look like one very happy chappy indeed, and well deserved. and what a nice fish for your first on plastics. Well done mate, top effort!

fish freak
28-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Are, Matty Matty Matty. I am glad that you persisted and got yourself some great fish on plastics. Its totally different using lite gear on fish like those, good to see you stopped them before they frustrated the hell out of you once again. Hope to see alot more from you.

fish freak

business class
28-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Awesome fish.
How long have you been trying to catch snapper on SP ? Ive only just started and as yet unsuccesful, so how long have I got to go ? :)

Andrew

Hey Andrew i don't want to sound dis heartning but it took me two seasons:o and i fish at least 2 to 3 times a week.in saying that though i don;t just fish SP but i do always try them. But trust me it is worth the wait just keep changing colours all the time.
Steve the spangled went 7.6kg.;D the snapper was only 3kg but it still went awesome on SP.

fish freak lets just hope my next post on soft plastics doesn't take as long as my first.;D ;D

Cheers
Matty

Lancair
28-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks Matty, I wont be giving up.
I caught a 3kg Snapper last week on an unweighted pilchard, gang hooked, floated down a burley trail, on a 6kg Baitcaster rig, elcheapo from BigW (its wrecked after the fight). It went hard and was great fun, so Im so keen to get one one plastics now.

Andrew

stevea
28-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Matty 7.6kg thats a monster. I see you changed your avatar, Mate if I caught a 7.6kg spangled I would get that picture on the side of my car. :D

Snapper "only" 3kg I feel sorry for you.;)

business class
29-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Matty 7.6kg thats a monster. I see you changed your avatar, Mate if I caught a 7.6kg spangled I would get that picture on the side of my car. :D

Snapper "only" 3kg I feel sorry for you.;)

I didn't mean it as "only" i just ment it as it was no way near the size of the Spangled. But i am yet to get a big Snapper this year but there are a few around that size at the moment. And andrew the snapper pulled quite hard for its size i am really looking forward to getting a big one thats for sure. Good luck with the SP i hope you nail a monster.;D

Cheers
Matty

Big_Ren
29-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Great work Matty....the first of many for you. I can be very addictive (and expensive:o ) fishing.

Cheers
Paul

halfmanhalffish
30-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe the spangled was just attracted to that big shiny yellow boat. Sea something!Nice fish. Got some good ones off tweed last year all around the 6kg mark. Nows the time for them. Seem to like winter and the cooler water.Keep trying for the nobby, they are out there where you're fishing.