PDA

View Full Version : how long to wait?

johnny roger
27-05-2008, 12:16 AM
In dams, how long do people keep flicking lures in one spot before moving on to another spot? 10mins, 15 mins, etc etc.?

Thanks,
John

eotbmg
27-05-2008, 04:12 PM
John,
If i am confident that there are fishys in the area i will give it a minimum of 1 hour especially at prime times, like dawn and dusk. If the barra are there and on the chew i could stay there for several hours.
Cheers
Ben

tazzydevil
27-05-2008, 04:33 PM
yer 10 ,15 mins becuase i always do this move to another spot and within a couples minutes at the spot sometimes your on.

shorty 01
27-05-2008, 06:43 PM
10 to 20 min for me then ill move over 5m or so

NAGG
27-05-2008, 07:09 PM
My way of thinking ..... it depends on what structure/situation you are fishing

If it was a particular snag ..... A dozen or so casts
If it was a sun warmed bay showing bait ...... An hour or so

If it was a point that lead into a shallow bay & had deeper water ( creek bed) near by around sunset ......... hours

I wish I knew the right answer::)

Nagg

BR65
27-05-2008, 08:04 PM
hard to say, some days Ive belted at least 30 casts into a snag before gettin crunched, other times, first cast is the money cast. Worst thing, throw 30 casts in to get a half assed swirl, AAAARH, drives me insane
Generally put at least three or four down the same casting lane in the vertical stuff, spend 15 minutes on a good looking snaggy pile up, spend up to an hour flogging open water that shows the right "symptoms".
cheers
brian

nipsta
27-05-2008, 08:33 PM
when i was up at mondy last time i work over for around 3 hours even after i lost a fish there early in the piece i stuck with it and land a 117cm later the effort then the next morning i went back to the same area and worked it for 2.5 hours before i finally got reaction and one other trip we worked one area for four hours and then we got sevral fish in that area so i think if ya think there is fish there stick to it for a while at least a couple of hours in a area and you might be lucky to strike it .

BARRAkid
27-05-2008, 09:33 PM
with barra this time of year if i know fish hold in there i normally fish it for a hour or so untill i get convinced that there is no hungry barra there.
But one thing i do is cast in the same line 3 or 4 times and if the barra isnt hungry half the time you will piss it off enough for it to kill it.I have hooked up on the 3rd and 4th cast a number of times.
But in the warmer months 2 cast in the same line.
BUT if im fishing in salt around the bay half the time im just blind flogging so i cast all over the place and move all the time whilst drifting.

cheers BK ;)

johnny roger
28-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks for all the info guys.
BR 65, what do you mean by 'the right symptoms?'

John