PDA

View Full Version : Rod Ideas?

lenthals_barra
26-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey,
I've just got my hands on two reels off ebay and Im not too sure what kind of rods to get, one is a stella 8000 and the other is a stradic 4000. The stella I will use for big popper fishing and a bit of jigging etc. on big fish using 60-80lb braid. The stradic I will use mainly for plastics and slugs and also abit of popper fishing using about 20lb braid. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Doug.

revs57
27-05-2008, 04:57 AM
G'day doug,

you want some serious pieces of kit to bring out the best in both reels.

I've just worked through a similar exercise and I don't reckon you could go past an the grell popper bear s10H for the 8000 stella, and an s10 egrell for the stradic for plastics. Eric has designed his rods with a definite lock up point which makes them brutal matched to the reels

If you prefer a rod that has a more parabolic shape, the Rapala rod's are worth checking out.

cheers

rhys

Horse
27-05-2008, 06:30 AM
A couple more to consider would be the T-Curve GT Special for the Stella and a StarloStix Tournament Pro Max Spin. I use one of the Max Spins for that purpose and I am sold on it.

Cheers

Neil

lenthals_barra
27-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Cheers for the help guys ill keep an eye out for them.

Leighton
27-05-2008, 01:38 PM
G'day doug,

you want some serious pieces of kit to bring out the best in both reels.

I've just worked through a similar exercise and I don't reckon you could go past an the grell popper bear s10H for the 8000 stella, and an s10 egrell for the stradic for plastics. Eric has designed his rods with a definite lock up point which makes them brutal matched to the reels

If you prefer a rod that has a more parabolic shape, the Rapala rod's are worth checking out.

cheers

rhys

ditto, a serious rod Australian made and owned

LostNearBribie
27-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Yep, go the Egrells mate...