PDA

View Full Version : Charter out of Mooloolabah

Angla
25-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Had a very comfortable day today with Fish'n'Crab charters.

Started off at 5.30 with a comfortable trip out to drop some dillies and then off to find some fish.

The captain put us right onto a snapper. The big fellow came in first and we all thought it would be fast and furious. Snapper went about 75-80 cm. Things slowed quickly but we pulled a few pearls.
Then a hooer of a pearl. Nearly as big as the snapper. Oh things looked promising again. Another big snapper. Then it went quiet again.
We moved a few times and we pulled the anchor once. The current was bearable then it increased and dropped off later in the morning.
We picked up the dillies and ended with a sample crab each.
Most seemed to get a fish.
A great day was had by all and the top crew members took care of our fishing needs and made for a relaxing trip for all I'm sure.

Chris

trueblue
25-05-2008, 06:02 PM
big arsed pearlie there Chris...

You'll have to fill me in later on the details of how they did rigged their spanner crab dillies and roughly where they were and what depth

cheers

Mick

Fishbait
25-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Thats a nice Pearlie - biggest I ever seen. Happy chewin'

jtpython
25-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Awesome Pearlie's
Good mix of seafood Crabs and fish
JT

Angla
26-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Hey Mick,

It makes me wonder why people want spanner crabs. All you seem to get off them is a taste of crab, allbeit sweet.

Cute little things when you are taking them off the nets but.

I think it is a good spin on the whole Charter experience. It was a bit furious for a while, taking the crabs off the nets, and then they are cooked onboard while you travel in. Visually more stimulating than looking for whales.

The Captain did spot a breaching whale some distance off.

Chris