PDA

View Full Version : Boyne Tannum Hookup

nautical prince
25-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Guys i am heading up to the Boyne tannum hookup comp never been there before was wondering if any one had any starter marks or local Knowlage. My boat is a 21 offshore Kevlacat so headin out wide will probably be my main option but if i dont have to it would be great.:D

Plastic_Magic
25-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi mate

What distance would you be willing to travel out.......We have a Offshore 2400 and travell around 50-70ml to some of our closer spots.....Give me an idea of wat distance you would want to travel to get to some spots.

Cheers Plastic_Magic

nautical prince
25-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Cheers mate i have about a 400 Km range so wher ever that can get me and back providing the weather is good.;D

barkers creek
25-05-2008, 09:39 PM
hookup is a great event been in it since day dot very first year...tacking out 2 catogries and hoping to get fingermark or grunter this year...u will have a ball
cherrs nath

beachturkey
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey Plastic Magic
I'm going up this w/e but staying away from the hook-up, although I'll probably have plenty of traffic anyway, even down at Turkey and south!

I'm just starting to get into plastics and have bought a few bags of gulp, in various sizes and colours and shapes, as well as some squidgies in the Pro-series with S-Factor etc!

Any recommendations or suggestions that might help in my area?
I'm still a little unsure about how to rig them given the 3M tides this weekend and trying to get it down while drifting etc! Suggestions for rigs?

I don't expect marks, but would appreciate any assistance you can give!
Cheers
Alan

mangomick
05-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Check your pms. I didnt think you needed good weather in those kevlacats:-X

NEWBY
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Just saw this post and could have and would have helped if I had read it earlier.
Sorry bout that. Heres a few that my sons and I pulled up the last couple of days.