PDA

View Full Version : Bribie wide midweek attacks!

scoota
22-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Had two midweek trips in the last 8 days to a favourite spot in good conditions, good company, no other boats but forgot to tell the fish:-/

Marty, Andrew and I went out for an short early morning fish last wednesday and it was that dark you couldn't see the anchor hanging off the bowsprit.
Wind and tide opposed made it difficult to fish so fishing under the boat was pretty much it for the day.
Fishing was slow all day and size hard to come by but managed 20 odd fish, pearlies and moses perch mainly and a few donations to the grey suite brigade. Don't often get them hanging around this spot.

Went out tuesday arvo with high expectations for a full moon fish to the same spot with Mic and Kevy and couldn,t raise a livie on the way out.>:(
This is concerning as they were there but not on the job.
Ended up being the motto for the trip, fish there but not on the job with lots of under size pearlies and squire going back and only five fish making the grade.
The suites were there again and Kevy battled one for 45 minutes just for good measure.

Two great days on the water good company and looking forward to snapper season8-)

Happy Days..

Scoota....

Angla
22-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Scoota, thanks for the report. I would have thought the fish would have bitten fiercely on dusk between about 5.00 and 6.00 pm and about the same times in the morning. It also looks like the bite would have been dead inbetween these times.

How does that match your fishing bite.

Chris

Vindicator
22-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I may not be able to add up but 20 pearlies divided by 3 is about 6 and a bit. I take it they weren't all keepers.

Cheers
Kezza

jarhead
23-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Gotta love pearlies, shame there was'nt a bit of size about em.

Wal

lizard bribie
24-05-2008, 07:23 AM
GOOD REPORT SCOOTA ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE TRIP LOOKING FORWARD TOFISHING WITH ED NEXT W END CHEERS lizard bribie