PDA

View Full Version : Mactuna

kpmack
21-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys:D What is the eating quality of Mactunas ?? Caught a couple of 7 and 8 kg fish and would like to make good use of them, as well as meat for our spoilt cat. Any good recipes would be very much appreciated. Meat appears to be strong in flavour.........................thanks heaps.....................Macka:D

bobbyb
21-05-2008, 07:40 PM
give it 2 the cat mate

cheers.

Vindicator
21-05-2008, 07:54 PM
The best way to get a good feed out of some macktuna is to go fishing for some snapper. Its top bait for catching the knobbies.

Cheers
Kezza

Keechie
22-05-2008, 07:27 AM
i agree with kezza and also small strips are good on bream, trevally and i have even found tailor, but unfortunatly a few big hits and you have an empty hook.

regards,
keechie

Noelm
22-05-2008, 09:12 AM
a couple of Mac Tuna that size will save you about $40 in store bought Bait, they are a fine bait for almost any Fish, you can leave them whole and just cut bits off as needed, or fillet and freeze, depends on your available space, I prefer to leave them whole, the Baits cut are almost as if the fish was just caught, you also have plenty of small offcuts to make berley as you fish.

kpmack
22-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys for setting me straight.....................Don't try to eat them !!!!!!....................Cheers.................. ...Macka

Noelm
26-05-2008, 09:18 AM
no, not to say People do not Eat them, there is just much better Tuna to Eat, they are very Red Meat and very strong flavour, but hey, that might be what you like.