PDA

View Full Version : mooloolaba pick

honda900
21-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Does anyone have a decent picture of a mooloolaba pick? photo?

Where can you buy these anchors?

Can you use them successfully on sand?

Is it a better all round anchor than a small plough?

Lost another sandy on harry's friday, that will be the 3rd, I am a bit over loosing them now (3 in 8 years), want a better solution, The pick just drags across the bottom, have not had much trouble with a sand anchor, just the one spot with what looks to be an oblong piece keeps eating them.

Regards
Honda

Fish Guts
21-05-2008, 04:09 PM
only good for reef / rocky rubble.

honda900
21-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, did a search and found that picture, was hoping someone might have one thats a bit more detailed, showing the holes in it for the tying it off at the front and cable tied.

Regards
Honda.

death_ship
21-05-2008, 04:18 PM
i have a mooloolaba and a plough, both work well for me

Sinbin
21-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, did a search and found that picture, was hoping someone might have one thats a bit more detailed, showing the holes in it for the tying it off at the front and cable tied.

Regards
Honda.

Hope this pic works and can help you get what you need.
Sinbin

Somethn_Fishy
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Just lost my anchor yesterday - It was a sic pronged reef anchor with the pip shaft filled with lead ( prongs quite short). I forgot where i bought it from a few years back and now i need a new reef anchor -

Does anyone know where I can get the same anchor from (I think it was some steel factory in Brissy?? and they posted it to me) or even a mooloolaba pick from?

All help much appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

finding_time
05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have a decent picture of a mooloolaba pick? photo?

Where can you buy these anchors?

Can you use them successfully on sand?

Is it a better all round anchor than a small plough?

Lost another sandy on harry's friday, that will be the 3rd, I am a bit over loosing them now (3 in 8 years), want a better solution, The pick just drags across the bottom, have not had much trouble with a sand anchor, just the one spot with what looks to be an oblong piece keeps eating them.

Regards
Honda

Honda

Mate a mooloolaba pick will be usless at harry's;) Got to be sand or plough, tripping will help though!

Ian

Ps. note to self, go for a dive a harry's soon with about 10 lift bags

Vindicator
05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Was at Dolphin Marine in Kawana a little while back and saw that they had M'ba picks in there.

Cheers
Kezza

marco
06-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the same anchor from (I think it was some steel factory in Brissy?? and they posted it to me) or even a mooloolaba pick from?

austeel industries at hemmant make the lead filled reef anchors , 30 bucks from memory . good qaulity

Spaniard_King
06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
austeel industries at hemmant make the lead filled reef anchors , 30 bucks from memory . good qaulity

Marco do they have a web adress?? TIA

Outsider1
06-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Does not look like it Garry, just business directory listings came up in a Google search. Here is one with their address etc;

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Austeel-Industries

Cheers

Dave

Spaniard_King
06-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks Dave.. have to drop in for a L@@K next time I am goin past