PDA

View Full Version : Can't Help Myself

themissus
19-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, after reading Ben, Steve B, Eric&Deb and Foxie's reports over the last few weeks, I just couldn't help myself. I have messaged Roo to inform him I've nabbed the last cabin @ monduran for the june long weekend. It's been over 12 months since my last barra trip and 5 months since Roo's.
It's gunna be a long 3 weeks.
Anyone else going to be up there?
Cheers Kim.:)

Barraboss
19-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Kim,

You sound like one tough "missus". I am also fortunate to have somone like you to book me in for regular fishing escapades.

Nice work, love your style

Matt

themissus
19-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Cheers Matt,
only down side is it can get expensive when you have to buy two of everything. I bought a new barra combo last week, Roo got a new rod and we're keen to give them a lash.
Cheers Kim.

BR65
19-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, after reading Ben, Steve B, Eric&Deb and Foxie's reports over the last few weeks, I just couldn't help myself. I have messaged Roo to inform him I've nabbed the last cabin @ monduran for the june long weekend. It's been over 12 months since my last barra trip and 5 months since Roo's.
It's gunna be a long 3 weeks.
Anyone else going to be up there?

WHAT A GIRL;D

Im hopeing to be Kim, work depending at this stage, pretty sure Lydon and Kel will be up there that week end

Roo
19-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I try not to let work get in the way.....ever. puts a major crush on your lifestyle. Hopefully the weather gods will smile on us all and it will be unseasonably warm for the first half of June....Otherwise the bass gear will be getting a look in too!

Roo
20-05-2008, 10:31 AM
What we need is a Game Plan. I can do the when bit.....Friday arvo, Saturday, Sunday.....maybe a quick flick on Monday before the drive home. What are the major bits to fill in making up a strategy to maximise opportunity for success. i don't think "Chance" is part of the equation, there has to be a method where if all the steps are adhered to, maximum "opportunity" for success is available. There have been lots of methods, locations and technicalities discussed in these chat boards. What we need is to assemble all the bits of the puzzle into a Game Plan.

Penny for your thoughts?

Cheers Roo.

black_sheep
20-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Kim,

I too have booked a cabin for the long weekend. Ben and my brother Vin will be joining me so we'll definitely run into you guys. Will be good to finally meet a couple of fellow ausfishes.

I will have my boat up there which is a black, red and green fibreglass 'X-STREAM'. You won't miss Vin and I ;) and Ben will be the odd one out:o . You'll also recognise Ben as he'll be eating DONUTS;D all weekend. We are there from the Sat to at least the Monday (hopefully Tues).

Brian - pull your finger out buddy, our personal introduction is well overdue!!! Ben said it's his shout so make it happen - he is a bit like Foxy and shouts come around only every decade or so.

Cheers
Navi

Steve B
20-05-2008, 12:00 PM
H ha ha, the banter begins already.!! Good on ya Navi,

I didn' t realise you havent met Brian yet!!! I didnt get much of a chance to chat with brian at M&G....thats an excuse to catch up again....preferably on the water.

Roo, fish the warmest part of the day, from what I have experienced over last month. All my fish have been between 11am and 3pm.

Heres your Itinery, I planned for you:

Fri Nite:- beers while Kim drives up, catch up with us lot when you get here.
Sat :- Wake up about 7.30, get Kim to cook you bacon and eggs and a coffee;) , then hit the water. Fish Fish Fish...have first beer about 3pm and get Kim to drive home, off the water by 5pm in time for her to cook dinner and get cold beer out of the fridge for you.

Repeat the process for the next 2 days. Hows that sound.;D ;)

I reckon its tops. cheers Steve

Peter4
20-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Fri Nite:- beers while Kim drives up, catch up with us lot when you get here.
Sat :- Wake up about 7.30, get Kim to cook you bacon and eggs and a coffee;) , then hit the water. Fish Fish Fish...have first beer about 3pm and get Kim to drive home, off the water by 5pm in time for her to cook dinner and get cold beer out of the fridge for you.

Repeat the process for the next 2 days. Hows that sound.;D ;)

I reckon its tops. cheers Steve

Is that why you're a paramedic Steve?

So you can patch yourself up after your wife has reacted to your proposed fishing itinerary?:o

It's a fine line between bravery and stupidity!;D ;D ;D

Roo
20-05-2008, 01:06 PM
sounds like a winner to me.
Don't worry about Kim, I'll make sure her nails are clipped and i'll have a Canadian Club at the ready...handy for bear baiting and a useful disinfectant.
We're gonna leave home early friday to get there by lunchtime.....will give us time for a quick arvo recon mission before having afternoonies somewhere warm, friendly and with refreshments at hand...(verandah, pub, whatever..)

Pete, Kim is not that kind of Girl......she more likely to file it in the memory bank and smash ya when your vunerable......or in my case, Pillow me while I sleep. I've had a few strange dreams of giant marshmallows.

Peter4
20-05-2008, 01:58 PM
We're gonna leave home early friday to get there by lunchtime

Pete, Kim is not that kind of Girl......she more likely to file it in the memory bank and smash ya when your vunerable......or in my case, Pillow me while I sleep. I've had a few strange dreams of giant marshmallows.

Good plan Roo. When I go I leave home at 3.30am and I am on the water by around 8.00am. Avoids all the traffic and gives you nearly a full days fishing but you do tend to be exhausted by sunset!

Hope you and Kim do real good as I also have a winter trip planned. Look forward to your post after the trip!

Regs

Pete

P.S Marshmallow dreams could be an indication that you're going a bit soft. Make sure you pack a couple of Stiffys;) ;)

Little grey men
20-05-2008, 02:09 PM
P.S Marshmallow dreams could be an indication that you're going a bit soft. Make sure you pack a couple of Stiffys;) ;)

Very well done Pete....clap clap clap ;D ;D ;D

Roo
20-05-2008, 02:21 PM

and so it descends in a downward spiral to depravity.......was asking for it huh:P

Thats it Pete, we'll try to get going by 3.30am and after the usual stops along the way to refuel the Scooby Doo(geez it drinks when towing), a Sexie coffee (I still reckon they should be in bikini's in there) and a quick stop in Gin Gin to pick up supplies and the latest info from Foxie, We should be able to get a line in on Friday arvo.

Steve B
20-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Seriously, sounds like a good plan Rod. More time on the water, more chance of fish!! Long way to travel to sit around and not fish.

Talk to you before then. I dare say I will be getting a spray from Kim when she gets access to this thread. I'd better run and hide!!!;D

Peter4
20-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Awww mate - I'm just kidding.

I truly hope that you both do well. I'd rather be cracking jokes about monster barra!

Good luck!

themissus
20-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Run and hide boys, run and hide!!

BR65
20-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Kim, see what youve started;D

Brian - pull your finger out buddy, our personal introduction is well overdue!!! Ben said it's his shout so make it happen - he is a bit like Foxy and shouts come around only every decade or so.

Cheers
Navi

mate, if Bens buying, Im drinking;)

doin my best navi, reliant on others to hit the mark un-fortunately:( , looks like a great weekend which ever way it goes

cheers
brian

themissus
20-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Knew the stiffy had to pop it's head up sooner or later.:-X

Hey Navi, it will be great to catch up with you guys. It's only my third barra trip so I have lots to learn. Let's not mention donuts.::) :-X

Brian you have to come, I may need a lift home, depending on the fish count.::)

Steve you'll keep.;)

Nice to have you back Pete, really hope to nab at least a fish each. When are you heading up?

Cheers Kim.

eotbmg
20-05-2008, 05:25 PM
:P
Kim,

I too have booked a cabin for the long weekend. Ben and my brother Vin will be joining me so we'll definitely run into you guys. Will be good to finally meet a couple of fellow ausfishes.

I will have my boat up there which is a black, red and green fibreglass 'X-STREAM'. You won't miss Vin and I and Ben will be the odd one out:o . You'll also recognise Ben as he'll be eating DONUTS;D all weekend. We are there from the Sat to at least the Monday (hopefully Tues).

Cheers
Navi

See what happens.......... I go away for a few days away from the poota, and Navi knowing this starts getting into me,. Dont worry son your time will come!!!!
You know i only shout if a shark bites me, and apparently their are a few in Gin Gin so watch out.;)
I am really looking forward to this new trip, to try out the winter fishing theories, and fish some of the spots i found last trip. Like the quadrangle!!!! Great spot.... One day i may take Navi there- he has to earn his stripes first though. I will mind you take Vin cos his stripes shine like a tiger [ or a bear ]:o :o

I reckon the more the merrier, see if Lyndon and Kel can make it, Brian, Nath, The Roo and the Missus, sounds like fun, jump on board.
Gee its nice to be back from Melbourne town-sheite its cold down there.
Absolutely no motivation to go fishing at all.
Cheers
Ben

BR65
20-05-2008, 05:43 PM
no surface action in the Yarra mate???

nipsta
20-05-2008, 06:29 PM

sounds like you lot are gunner have a good time lucky buggers i keen as hell but if i think of going i might end up there in hell . its my daughters 5th bday and we taking her and a couple of friends to the aus zoo experince exspenive litte trip by the looks . thats ok i think the following weekend we have a show public holiday up here and its my rdo so i might make the effort in that time frame to have a crack at my spot onew last time before the chill really kicks in i see whats doing

NAGG
20-05-2008, 07:33 PM

Is there any action in the Yarra ???

Nagg

eotbmg
20-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Is there any action in the Yarra ???

Nagg
Nuclear stunted bream and glowing green jewies

Whitto
21-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Fair Dimkum u lot........now the I......B.......D....has kicked in........Whitto;D PS I might have too do something about that (the crowds put me off a bit)
:-/ Queenslander

black_sheep
21-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Ben - you're an idiot! No need to elaborate.

Brian - crack the whip at work mate! Be great to have you there.

Roo
21-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I reckon the more the merrier, see if Lyndon and Kel can make it, Brian, Nath, The Roo and the Missus, sounds like fun, jump on board.

Absolutley, The more talented ausfishers i can surround myself with....better chance some Barra Mojo can rub off and help me get a fish without whiskers :-X
I look forward to hearing some winter theories for Barra. God knows i need all the help i can get::)

Cheers Roo.

Magella
21-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Navi
Tinted Baa Baa, Crow, Magpie or whatever you call yourself now
I was not the one crawling out of the pub mumbling someting in SWAHILI about getting home the last time we went to the pub in Gin Gin.

Cheers Foxie

Ps will try to catch up over the weekend let us know what night you are not going to fish and I'll try to get up there. Saturday's night out

eotbmg
21-05-2008, 10:21 PM
[quote=Magella;825426]Navi
Tinted Baa Baa, Crow, Magpie or whatever you call yourself now
I was not the one crawling out of the pub mumbling someting in SWAHILI about getting home the last time we went to the pub in Gin Gin.

Cheers Foxie

Ps will try to catch up over the weekend let us know what night you are not going to fish and I'll try to get up there. Saturday's night out[/quote

HaHaHa

I thought you used to call Navi the shaded night thrush, but i think only that sort of thing happens at bus stops:o :o
He still talks SWAHILI, especially after losing a big fish, generally its directed in Vins direction. God help me, 4 days fishing with the brothers of darkness, i may need some industrial sized ear plugs........;D ;D
Ben

black_sheep
22-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Foxie,

It's Magpie mate as we have Ben with us.

That night is still a bit of a blur. Lucky for the pub that Bundy is close-by and they could restock their rum supply's overnight after all your double shots::) .

You are terrible influence so looking forward to another session. How's Sun night?? As mentioned, Ben's shouting (in swahili).

Ben, I know where you can stick those industrial size ear plugs:o .

Roo - who are these 'talented' ausfishers you speak of;D I need some mojo magic too.

Magella
22-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Navi
Should be fine, got my rich brother in laws {doesn't own a tackle shop] birthday party Saturday night, so might be a bit quieter Sunday night but looking forward to it

Cheers Foxie

Roo
22-05-2008, 09:49 AM
.....Magpie mate as we have Ben with us.

That night is still a bit of a blur. Lucky for the pub that Bundy is close-by and they could restock their rum supply's overnight after all your double shots::) .

You are terrible influence so looking forward to another session. How's Sun night?? As mentioned, Ben's shouting (in swahili).

Ben, I know where you can stick those industrial size ear plugs:o .

Roo - who are these 'talented' ausfishers you speak of;D I need some mojo magic too.

I don't quite know now Black_Sheep, I thought that was your department. See if you can russell up a Guru. Ben is clearly a catalyst for debauchery so thats part of the equation, just need the fish whisperers to put us onto the mark and we'll be set.
I can see this turning out like some of my Boardriders club trips.......not much Surfing gets done but plenty of fun none the less.

Cheers Roo.

themissus
22-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Sounds like it's going to be fun, 2 weeks to go. Should we phone the pub and warn them you guys are coming?? On second thoughts, better not, they might close down for the weekend?::) ;D
I have a slight reel issue I need to get sorted. On Monday night we loaded up the reel (a pflueger supreme), from the combo I bought a few weeks ago. Trouble is the most drag we could get out of it was 2.2kg. Not quite enough for barra:o We tested the old echelon and go 3.5kg out of it. So we are going back on saturday to put the spool in some of the other supremes they had there, to see if they are any better. I may have to use the echelon again for the trip , unless I can convince Roo to buy me a zillion:-*

Barraboy7
22-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Great read this thread, very funny, you crew sound like you have a ball. Much better to read than some of the recent heavy duty tense threads etc. and bla bla bla.
Hope you all get some barra among all the drinks, donuts and marshmallows LOL!
Go for it, I need to get to Monduran some time, only worked Awoonga so far.
Barraboy7

black_sheep
22-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Kim, I will make sure I pack a spare baitcastor or 2 just in case you don't have success. I have plenty of spares so it's not a problem.

Roo
22-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Great read this thread, very funny, you crew sound like you have a ball. Much better to read than some of the recent heavy duty tense threads etc. and bla bla bla.
Hope you all get some barra among all the drinks, donuts and marshmallows LOL!
Go for it, I need to get to Monduran some time, only worked Awoonga so far.
Barraboy7

That is the plan Barraboy7.;) hopefully the drinks, donuts and marshmallows don't make me too fat, happy and lazy to go fishing, I've already got a winter coat on the midrift.

Hopefully we'll have a replacement reel sorted out on the weekend, if not a refund. 2.2kgs is not what you'd call flash huh. Have been doing some searching for suitable alternatives and found a nice new JDM daiwa.
http://www.japantackle.com/Daiwa_reels/Daiwa_Aggrest.htm
Looks like a mildly detuned Zillion. certainly a better bet than the Supreme has turned out.

Cheers Roo.

Big_Ren
22-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Kim, I will make sure I pack a spare baitcastor or 2 just in case you don't have success. I have plenty of spares so it's not a problem.

Kim

There is a very good reason why Navi carries spare baitcasters?.......his brother keeps dropping them/throwing them in the drink;D ;D I thought he was a member of the Midget Mafia when he first pulled out his brief case.....and when he opened it.....full of low profiles, barrels, assorted spare parts, tools.....a mobile "reel garage":o

Cheers
Paul

Steve B
22-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Roo, The TD advantage 153HSTA super tuned is a perfect reel, I have 2, Both Foxie and I rate them higher than the Zillion......cost Vs performance. I reckon they actually cast smoother too. about $239.

cheers steve

themissus
22-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Kim

There is a very good reason why Navi carries spare baitcasters?.......his brother keeps dropping them/throwing them in the drink;D ;D I thought he was a member of the Midget Mafia when he first pulled out his brief case.....and when he opened it.....full of low profiles, barrels, assorted spare parts, tools.....a mobile "reel garage":o

Cheers
Paul

I promise I wont let Roo near them Navi!!:-X :-X ;D ;D :P :P
Enough time has passed, healing is almost complete.
Cheers Kim.

Roo
23-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Roo, The TD advantage 153HSTA super tuned is a perfect reel, I have 2, Both Foxie and I rate them higher than the Zillion......cost Vs performance. I reckon they actually cast smoother too. about $239.

cheers steve
They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do.:P I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance:(

themissus
23-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance:(

That's what I get for an impulse buy. :-[

Steve B
23-05-2008, 12:22 PM
They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do.:P I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance:(

Ooooh Roo that will cost you bacon and Eggs for sure!!!!;D

Mabey the chronarch 100 with a drag upgrade?? I have been toying with the idea myself. Light smooth reel. My old one (now residing somewhere in the depths of Monduran) used to land some pretty good barra, without drag upgrade...just a thought.

Steve

themissus
23-05-2008, 01:35 PM
They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do.:P I:(

Ooooh Roo that will cost you bacon and Eggs for sure!!!!;D

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve, I missed that comment. Wait till you check out his baby bott hands.;D

black_sheep
23-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Kim,

I'll probably take my certate custom hd3500 so will make sure Roo doesn't see it.

Most of my spare reels are barrell shaped but I should have a Chronarch CH100 spare for back up use - that should be small enough to palm. I also have a spare echelon that could be spooled up with 30lb braid.

Roo - we will hit up Steve as a guide for the day. He's the man!! If not, we'll do what we always do and wing it. I'm sure if the weather gods are kind, we'll find a few hungry fish. 2 weeks and counting.

Magella
23-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Steve,
This crew sounds like there serious we might have to start training.
See you at The Gin Gin about 7

Cheers Foxie

Roo
23-05-2008, 03:19 PM
ha, i got my own.....i wasn't gonna bring it just incase i put it down for a second and some creature from the deep snuck up and stole it.
Here's hoping the mondy pig whisperer is available....although isn't Ben also a Pig hunter too? Bring your pith hat Ben......i said pith, pith, pith!!!!

themissus
23-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Yep 2 weeks from now I should be cracking the first barra for the trip. Roo's already have barra dreams.
Cheers Navi, that would be great. My little echelon has caught all 4 of my barra biggest being 99cm. It never missed a beat.
Too many sleeps to start counting yet.
You've got 14 days to get yourself up to scratch Foxie.:D
Cheers Kim.

Steve B
23-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey Steve,
This crew sounds like there serious we might have to start training.
See you at The Gin Gin about 7

Cheers Foxie

Hey foxie, they sound real serious dont they....maybe we should have a gin gin hotel planning session the night before too....you can never plan too much;);D
the pressure is on.....particulary if its going to be - 5 degrees..or there abouts!!

cheers steve

chewy01
23-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi all,
was heading up this w/end but its raining/cold/windy so hopefully i can swing it to get up there that w/end.ill be the one in the white poly s/c with green eyes on the back. hpoe to see you there.
cheers chewy............

nipsta
24-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Sounds like it's going to be fun, 2 weeks to go. Should we phone the pub and warn them you guys are coming?? On second thoughts, better not, they might close down for the weekend?::) ;D
I have a slight reel issue I need to get sorted. On Monday night we loaded up the reel (a pflueger supreme), from the combo I bought a few weeks ago. Trouble is the most drag we could get out of it was 2.2kg. Not quite enough for barra:o We tested the old echelon and go 3.5kg out of it. So we are going back on saturday to put the spool in some of the other supremes they had there, to see if they are any better. I may have to use the echelon again for the trip , unless I can convince Roo to buy me a zillion:-*

kim i bought a pfueger trion lp baitcaster of foxie last trip and thats what landed the 117cm on and also hooked 2 others that where of equal size and for the price i paid well worth the investment i considering buying another one next trip if the funds are avialable check them out good reel smooth casting and i reckon good drag system 6 pin braking still not sure on that part hope that might help ya
cheers

NAGG
24-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Roo & Kim ...... It sounds like you'll have a great time at Mondy ( regardless of barra or not::) ) ...... I hope you nail a few of those brumbies!
The report(s) should be worth waiting for ;D

Nagg

Steve B
25-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi all,
was heading up this w/end but its raining/cold/windy so hopefully i can swing it to get up there that w/end.ill be the one in the white poly s/c with green eyes on the back. hpoe to see you there.
cheers chewy............

Hey chewy, this weekend at the moment is BEAUTIFUL and even pretty warm......shit..I am stuck at work:'( :'(

steve

chewy01
25-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks Steve,
knew it wood come good today. would have had to be back today anyway for a family bbq.I either have to give up work or just move to gin gin.This whole working round the weather is crap when you dont live 10 minutes from the water.

themissus
26-05-2008, 01:13 PM
We've had that same thought Chewy. For us we need at least 4 days for a trip. We have a white front runner poly, Reel Fun.

Cheers for the advise nipsta. Roo has a trion that he was really happy with...but now he has the zillon, it will be on the market with a trion rod when we get back. I ended up getting a Abu Revo premier. It is so light and will also be a great bass/jack/flattie reel for home too. I can't believe that something so small and light pulls 12kg of drag. It should go nicely with the medalist and it fits well into my delicate never done a hard days work hands. They've had to order it in for me, so hope it gets here in time.:-/
This is going to be a cracker of a weekend. Add a few fish and it'll be all good.::) ;)
Cheers Kim.

Roo
26-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey chewy, this weekend at the moment is BEAUTIFUL and even pretty warm......shit..I am stuck at work:'( :'(

steve

Shoulda put a "Out to Lunch" sign out the front.;)
Whats the chances anyone would be so rude as to interrupt your "lunch".;D

the_matrix
26-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Have fun guys............s..............l..............o... .........w is the go, twitch pause pause pause pause pause pause, twitch twitch, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause. Lots of pauses, lots of heavy eratic twitches, lots of throat warming liquid, keeps the fire in ya belly;D
Cool water/conditions, no probs remain upbeat and positive hang it in their face/space agressive instinct will bring them undone, as will your relentless persistance.
Safe travels
Jas

nipsta
26-05-2008, 06:43 PM
We've had that same thought Chewy. For us we need at least 4 days for a trip. We have a white front runner poly, Reel Fun.

Cheers for the advise nipsta. Roo has a trion that he was really happy with...but now he has the zillon, it will be on the market with a trion rod when we get back. I ended up getting a Abu Revo premier. It is so light and will also be a great bass/jack/flattie reel for home too. I can't believe that something so small and light pulls 12kg of drag. It should go nicely with the medalist and it fits well into my delicate never done a hard days work hands. They've had to order it in for me, so hope it gets here in time.:-/
This is going to be a cracker of a weekend. Add a few fish and it'll be all good.::) ;)
Cheers Kim.

glad to i could help a little i would like a revo but not sure if i can afford to go to that level of reel just yet i also got to get a new rod for my abu whiffled spool due the the fiberglass being just that bit too heavy and also have a good time you lucky buggers i would love to go up again but will have to wait till later on

black_sheep
28-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Kim,

Vin had a Revo and it was a really nice reel - for the first 2 days until a barra decided to test if Vin could hold onto the 12kgs of drag. Vin lost;D and even a duck dive overboard didn't help. Another contributions to the barra goods.

Roo
28-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Kim,

Vin had a Revo and it was a really nice reel - for the first 2 days until a barra decided to test if Vin could hold onto the 12kgs of drag. Vin lost;D and even a duck dive overboard didn't help. Another contributions to the barra goods.

oops!!
After some further research, the Revo Premier is not the stumpuller that the STX or Inshore Revos are supposed to be. Some of the Jenny Craig treatment was applied to the drag system in order to obtain the 27% weight reduction. this model only has a single carbon washer stack so it should not pull Kim overboard....apparently it still work quite smoothly as the carbon washers tend to do and should pull in the region of 8-9lbs max....or 3.5 - 4kg. still quite adequate for what we want. If anything it will be an excellent bass reel weighing in similar to the Daiwa Steez at 170g. not in the same class of course but still a good reel that should be up to the job......with a bit of thumb drag if needed;) .
the other bits in the trim down are extensive use of Duralium rather than aluminium and replacing the Bearings(4) in the handles with pressed bushes which unfortunatly makes it impossible to add them back in with out a complete handle swap. I dont like the stock rubber handle knobs, they look a bit 20cent cheap and nasty to me.

check out the details here. (http://bassbuzz.outdoorsfanmedia.com/br_news_article.asp?thecat=3&ID=49)

cheers Roo.

black_sheep
28-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Where mate, Vin had the STX and it was a stump puller. Personally, I can't see the point of 12kgs as even with my big guns ;D I certainly could not hang on to it without a being strapped into a game chair.

3-4kgs is ample, especially for the way we tend to be fishing now - open points and bays rather than serious structure.

I'm so looking forward to it mate, absolutely itching at the bit. We expect to get up there around 8-9am on Sat morn.

Kim - I like my eggs sunny side up:o ;) .

themissus
28-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm so looking forward to it mate, absolutely itching at the bit. We expect to get up there around 8-9am on Sat morn.

Kim - I like my eggs sunny side up:o ;) .

I can't wait either Navi!! But by the sound of it I'll be spending alot of time in the kitchen::) I'm going to make some spag bog this week and freeze it so all I have to do is cook the pasta and reheat the bog. I might make a batch of rocky road to bring up too.
We should be out on the water by the time you get there, we'll be able to show u where all the fish are.;)
I have to remember to pack the duff so I can find Homer.8-)
Cheers Kim.

eotbmg
28-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Kim,
I am quite partial to some Lasagne while you are in the kitchen!!!!
Couldnt believe my eyes when i looked in the diary this morning, only 1 and a bit weeks to go. I had better ask the better half for permission, i may have to bribe her and tell her that i will return with..........ROCKY ROAD. Hooray!!!!!
Cant wait. We are starting to get a bit of a plan together, where to fish etc. depending on weather and other factors.
Bring it on!!
Ben

chewy01
28-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Ah spag bol,
the monduran staple diet.We will be having lasagne i think as we discovered the microwave last trip in the bottom camp kitchen.Look like the better half may be able to come now as a revised roster has come out but may have to leave luch time sunday.still trying to work that 1 out. If she comes hope some1 else wrestles the square bear as thats all she drinks.She doesnt fish however prefering to just come in the boat,read a book,make us coffe and morning tea. We have to rough it a bit when she doesnt come.;) ;)

BR65
28-05-2008, 07:49 PM
micro wave in the bottom camp kitchen???
whattha????
all this time Ive been eating cold chicken!
time for a re-assessment on the chosen camp site I think

chewy01
28-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Yea tooh the good woman for a walk and lo and behold,a microwave.iv got an idea there was one at one stage in the top one but it got knocked off:(

Steve B
28-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Sound like everyones getting excited and planning well!!!!

www.accuweather.com (http://www.accuweather.com) is a pretty accurate long range weather forcaster.

cheers steve

PS. might not hurt to pack raincoats and extra canadian club!!

lookin forward to the catch up session!!

chewy01
28-05-2008, 10:24 PM
got onto my secret squirrel weather man.strong se next 6 days.easing wed arv.ever the optimist im thinking it wiil drod out to 5 /10 se/ne for 5 days after that with heavy rain and a cold s/w wind the week after q/birthday.

Roo
29-05-2008, 10:21 AM
weatherzone 5 day forecast for Bundaberg (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=11409) looks like the rain is clearing but the wind is picking up. (click on the "more detail" in the top right corner of the forcast graph)Note there is a severe weather warning for the region and moving south to the gold coast over the next few days. friday and saturday predicting 50-60kmh winds.

this looks surprisingly like the last time i went to mondy.....tropical low formed and sat off Fraser for a week. made the fishing beyond tough......here's hoping for a little ray of sunshine to burst the bubble.

black_sheep
29-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I've heard barra chew hard in a tsunami - bring it on.

Roo
29-05-2008, 11:23 AM
ha ha. well lets hope so, i even have some Tsunami plastics to throw at them if they are really keen to chew on one.

Steve B
29-05-2008, 11:30 AM
It will be right by next weekend!!! It never rains that long in Gin Gin!!

They will be hungry by then.....old Homer would br due for a feed, for a piece of rocky road....might show Kim where 141 evergreen terrace is!!!!

Mate of mine is on fraser isl at the comp. he is coming home today!! (3 days early) and hes in a house over there!! Hes pretty hard core too, weather doesnt usually bother him!! So it must be a bad forecast for the next few days

Steve

Roo
29-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Kim,
I am quite partial to some Lasagne while you are in the kitchen!!!!
Couldnt believe my eyes when i looked in the diary this morning, only 1 and a bit weeks to go. I had better ask the better half for permission, i may have to bribe her and tell her that i will return with..........ROCKY ROAD. Hooray!!!!!
Cant wait. We are starting to get a bit of a plan together, where to fish etc. depending on weather and other factors.
Bring it on!!
Ben

Forget the lasagne mate, in 14yrs she's never made it for me:-/ . I made it myself once, but not too successful.

what's the plan Ben? Kim's Rocky Road could be a handy bargaining tool. I know I don't let it out of the house for just anyone!!! The only way you'd get any home would be to hide it from yourself.....its a drug that can give you a nasty habit. fortunately the recipe is not too difficult.....but it gonna cost you8-).
I'm hungry now.:-/

themissus
29-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Looks like it's 2 batches of rocky road.
Steve, do you know if you have time off yet? 2 Bottles of club it is.
We are planning to have a fish Monday morn till about lunchtime. That way we should be through kangaroo country by dusk and should also miss most of the sunny/gold coast traffic.
We're finishing off my casting deck on the weekend, also doing final sort of gear etc. I can't believe we still have a week to go.:(
Glad your missus can make it chewy!
Cheers Kim.

black_sheep
29-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Kim,

Steve and Foxie are hoping to join us Sun arvo for a fish but at worst, a BBQ Sun evening at the cabins.

Followed by Rocky Road desert of course.

As I said to Steve, Barra steaks for foxy and bovine for us.

Navi

8 days 2 go......

Little grey men
29-05-2008, 01:40 PM
The more I read this thread, the more depressed I get. I've been told that we'll be taking the Mother in law up the coast to stay in a holiday cabin for the long weekend. I was filled with joy upon hearing this wonderful news.
You lot will be fishing for barra while I get dragged around the shops, thinking evil thoughts about my captors.

Kim. If you had a heart you would make three batches of rocky road and send one my way.............sniff..........sniff:'(

Peter4
29-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Kim. If you had a heart you would make three batches of rocky road and send one my way.............sniff..........sniff:'(

And me too! Loooove rocky road but unable to get to Monduran until end of August!;)

eotbmg
29-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Forget the lasagne mate, in 14yrs she's never made it for me:-/ . I made it myself once, but not too successful.

what's the plan Ben? Kim's Rocky Road could be a handy bargaining tool. I know I don't let it out of the house for just anyone!!! The only way you'd get any home would be to hide it from yourself.....its a drug that can give you a nasty habit. fortunately the recipe is not too difficult.....but it gonna cost you8-).
I'm hungry now.:-/

Roo,
I think the plan is to find some bait, therefore some evening or early morning stuff will be on the cards, when the bait is most active. We will fish mostly day light hours but may do some night time stuff in bass straight, as i found fish there in April, they may still l be boofing after dark! I have a few spots under my sleeve, as does Navi, so between the two of us we should be totally confused were to go. I would say a fair bit of time will be spent exploring some new ground as well. Bloody rain at the moment is making me go stir crazy. Already done the tackle stores on the sunny coast this morning, and they reckon the rain will be here till Sunday. I am not a fan of being couped up at home. The computer will get a hiding!!!!!!!:o Gee the rocky road sound like serious stuff. I will have to warn you about Navi's brother Vin, he is like a big bear and eats like one also. Maybe 4 or 5 batches are on the cards, Kim!!!!!
Bored already
Ben

themissus
29-05-2008, 01:53 PM
LGM, You aren't looking real well maybe you should stay home.... then make a miraculous recovery and come to mondy too!! So long as you beat them home you'll be all good. The rocky road is worth it;) 8-)

Navi, I thought Steve was cooking breaky each morning while Foxie was giving us a briefing. :-/
Breaky @ Steve's 8am sharp.(I've pm'ed Steve how you like your eggs.::) )
Briefing on days tips etc
On the water by 9.30
First fist by 10ish
Sounds good.

Awoonga
29-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Cant understand this post.....You all go on and on about catching Barra in winter time...you cant catch barra in winter....Never heard of anyone catching Barra in winter...Its just .... have you ever....Just not.... Those barras have read the book... you know the one.... By whats his face ...The one that says thou shall not fish for Barra in Winter......Just because the Boyne Tannum hookup is on the same weekend and you can fish where ever you like to catch fish... and l might go to Monduran to catch my fish has nothing to do with it...Just because the barra section last year was taken out by ...um ...a bloke l know :-X Good bloke too !...IT has nothing to do with it...So you may as well stay home ..You have all been warned ::) ::)

Roo
29-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Roo,
I think the plan is to find some bait, therefore some evening or early morning stuff will be on the cards, when the bait is most active. We will fish mostly day light hours but may do some night time stuff in bass straight, as i found fish there in April, they may still l be boofing after dark! I have a few spots under my sleeve, as does Navi, so between the two of us we should be totally confused were to go. I would say a fair bit of time will be spent exploring some new ground as well. Bloody rain at the moment is making me go stir crazy. Already done the tackle stores on the sunny coast this morning, and they reckon the rain will be here till Sunday. I am not a fan of being couped up at home. The computer will get a hiding!!!!!!!:o Gee the rocky road sound like serious stuff. I will have to warn you about Navi's brother Vin, he is like a big bear and eats like one also. Maybe 4 or 5 batches are on the cards, Kim!!!!!
Bored already
Ben

Early worm catches a cold....or a fish or something like that. I have a mental picture of some very good shallows(it was paddocks with cattle in January) immediately north of Bass Strait right up to the fence line opposite "A" Bay. these flats were mostly devoid of any structure (1 or 2 fallen logs) but the edge dropped into the main channel @ a 45 deg angle. I'm thinking of checking this area out. Looking forward to applying all this pent up excitement into cracking the Barra code. I seriously can't get any work done.:-X We should have a team briefing on the water Saturday morning. Kim & I will have already had a look around on Friday arvo(although sometimes I wonder if I know what I'm looking for :-/ ) so we can form a combined plan of assault. I'll bring my laminated mud map of the dam and design a strategy to implement....and then probably do something else:P

Kim was looking forward to leisurely morning sleep in till 8, someone else cooking brekkie, a gentlemen's hours start on the water and returning in time for sundowners on the deck. I knew it wouldn't last;D . bring it on.

Roo
29-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Cant understand this post.....You all go on and on about catching Barra in winter time...you cant catch barra in winter....Never heard of anyone catching Barra in winter...Its just .... have you ever....Just not.... Those barras have read the book... you know the one.... By whats his face ...The one that says thou shall not fish for Barra in Winter......Just because the Boyne Tannum hookup is on the same weekend and you can fish where ever you like to catch fish... and l might go to Monduran to catch my fish has nothing to do with it...Just because the barra section last year was taken out by ...um ...a bloke l know :-X Good bloke too !...IT has nothing to do with it...So you may as well stay home ..You have all been warned ::) ::)

You'll need a boat tho' trev;)
Come on trev, Share the love. I'm sure you've got a few sneaky secrets hidden up your.......sleeve. particularly like know how to target the mythical Bass population. If your up there on that weekend, keep your eye out for us in a White 4.55 Polycraft with "Reel Fun" & Ausfish stickers on the sides. Kim's rocky road is way better than the shop bought stuff, but you gotta get in quick. the magpies will be madly picking at it.

Cheers Roo.

chewy01
29-05-2008, 03:27 PM
chandge of plans im now blowing friday or knocking off at 10 so ill be up ther round 1230 so will do a reccie as well friday arv for an hour.

Roo
29-05-2008, 03:30 PM
see you there chewy. we should arrive at around the same time. I'll keep an eye out for you.

themissus
29-05-2008, 04:05 PM
There's no bass in Monduran it's a myth.

Steve B
29-05-2008, 04:16 PM
LGM, You aren't looking real well maybe you should stay home.... then make a miraculous recovery and come to mondy too!! So long as you beat them home you'll be all good. The rocky road is worth it;) 8-)

Navi, I thought Steve was cooking breaky each morning while Foxie was giving us a briefing. :-/
Breaky @ Steve's 8am sharp.(I've pm'ed Steve how you like your eggs.::) )
Briefing on days tips etc
On the water by 9.30
First fist by 10ish
Sounds good.

Eggs...what eggs..how come I am cooking all of a sudden!!:D

I am working on finishing work about midday sunday for arvo/night. cant get out of work monday....thats OK its a public holiday!! big$$$.
Foxie can et anytime off i reckon, but I think he was talking about sunday arvo too.

Trevs right, cant catch barra in winter....the magazines say we cant... Anyway, Rob from the park caught a 120cm yesterday in 19 degrees. hope that gives you guys some encouragement.

Magella
29-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm with you Steve I won't be up there till after lunch not cause I'm working just cause I'm partying Saturday night at my millioniare lation's 60th birthday.
Trev your right can't catch barra in winter as there all just sunbaking.. LOL
Going up Friday with a fishing guide from Sweden could be interesting , rain 90 klm winds forecast.

Cheers Foxie

chewy01
29-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Are u guys getting this rain is chucking cats and dogs down in maryborough

chewy01
30-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Mihght stay in town somewhere at this rate::) put you thinking caps on about fishing newly flooded banks:P :P :P chewy.......

Roo
30-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Trevs right, cant catch barra in winter....the magazines say we cant... Anyway, Rob from the park caught a 120cm yesterday in 19 degrees. hope that gives you guys some encouragement.

I went digging through my Research Data(pile of old Magazines) to find the very article to keep my spirits up. "Barra in the Freezer" by Mr J.Wilhelm, QFM Annual No.9. I think some of you locals are trying a little too hard to throw us off the scent:P . The Jig is up, we're coming anyway.;) .
Also have a read of the articles on the Sweetwater site by Johnny Mitchell. Some very interesting points to ponder.

Cheers Roo.
T minus 7days, 3hrs.

NAGG
30-05-2008, 09:35 AM
I went digging through my Research Data(pile of old Magazines) to find the very article to keep my spirits up. "Barra in the Freezer" by Mr J.Wilhelm, QFM Annual No.9. I think some of you locals are trying a little too hard to throw us off the scent:P . The Jig is up, we're coming anyway.;) .
Also have a read of the articles on the Sweetwater site by Johnny Mitchell. Some very interesting points to ponder.

Cheers Roo.
T minus 7days, 3hrs.

Go get em Guys ....... Use those conditions & think about what you need to do!
You might get wet & cold ....... but if you persist , I'm sure you'll nail a few ....... Thems barra still need to eat ! ...... Specially those like HOMER:P
Best of luck

Cheers

Nagg

eotbmg
30-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Cheers Roo.
T minus 7days, 3hrs.

Roo
I read the same article last night also!!!8-)
Yes the locals are being quite fox like!
Ben

black_sheep
30-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Seems like we all reading the same articles.

Ben, stick to your donuts and keep you oven mits off Kims rocky road.

Trev - we chasing 50lb bass not barra.

Steve - while you at it, some pancakes would be nice too!

themissus
30-05-2008, 04:08 PM
MMmmmm pancakes my favorite!!

This time next week i'll be on the dam, rain, hail or shine8-) 8-)
Cheers Kim

chewy01
30-05-2008, 04:09 PM
1 bottle each brown brothers reserve port,1 bottle stones 1912 exibition and 1 bottle jack daniels packed.suppose food is next on the agenda.::) ::) Zoom frogz where do i get em.:-/ :-/

Peter4
30-05-2008, 04:25 PM
MMmmmm pancakes my favorite!!

This is getting a bit freaky.......we always have at least one meal of pancakes while we're at Monduran!

My God, are we all frighteningly the same??:o

Roo
30-05-2008, 05:20 PM
all part of the symptoms pete.
The more we try to be different....the more we are the same. We're all pink on the inside and after all, who doesn't like pancakes.
mmmmm pancakes, with bacon, eggs, maple syrup and Ice cream.

Whitto
30-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Possibly 10lts of Chicken Soup won't go astray, HHHmmm those rainy days at least you will be warm during the day, and of course several shots of Dr Good at night......U guys have a great trip my IBD has already kicked in from reading your posts.....Whitto;D

BR65
30-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Possibly 10lts of Chicken Soup won't go astray, HHHmmm those rainy days at least you will be warm during the day, and of course several shots of Dr Good at night......U guys have a great trip my IBD has already kicked in from reading your posts.....Whitto;D

agree with you whitto, their killin me:'(

rc@hinze
30-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Me too. Suffering the IBD real bad reading this entire post in one hit. I'm going to the USA on the 12th but I am currently wishing I was going on a barra trip instead!

eotbmg
01-06-2008, 08:33 AM
document.write('');http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/sponsors/terrys02.gif (http://www.seabreeze.com.au/include/exit.asp?r=1003&c=1149)

Weather Forecasts
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/misc/bluebar.gif

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/CENT/rgg.png?1212273024807 (http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/synoptic.asp?StateID=3)
The weather looks absolutely fine and dandy as well. We may be in luck!!!! All lures are upgraded to suspend [vigorous pool testing yesterday], doubles are tied, gear is packed, i am ready. Bring it on!!!!!!!
Ben

chewy01
01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey just a quicky on x raps does anyone reckon the red fibre on the tail does anything to trigger a hit?sorry 2 get off travk but it is for monduran,im bored and was thinkin of dragging out the fly tying gear.
chewy..........

Steve B
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey just a quicky on x raps does anyone reckon the red fibre on the tail does anything to trigger a hit?sorry 2 get off travk but it is for monduran,im bored and was thinkin of dragging out the fly tying gear.
chewy..........

I take those trebbles off and use owners. Even so i doubt they would have any affect or attraction for the fish....the barra are attacking, what they think is a bait fish and/or potential feed!! I think its just a 'different' selling point.

Try the fly at Monduran Chewy....Would deffiatley go alright casting the shallow flats and points.

steve

BR65
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

eotbmg
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
You have that horrible itch again dont you Brian????

chewy01
01-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Only 5 sleeps 2 go......

Peter4
02-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Just in case you missed this in nipsta's post about "More Water for Our Dams".................

For all of you heading to Monduran this coming long weekend you will be pleased to know that the rain over the last three days has raised the water level........by a huge 13cm!!

This info comes from BOM as of 6.00am this morning.

Forecast for next weekend - light breezes (can you believe it BR65!!), partly cloudy days with the chance of a shower or two. Top temps around 25 degrees.

Good luck all! (I wish I was going!):'( :'( :'( :'(

Regs

Pete

Roo
02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I hope they're right Pete. I'm looking over the weatherzone forecast for the area and seeing a slightly more pessimistic picture......but as they say, can't catch them at home so might as well be out there.
Cheers Roo.

themissus
02-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Brian, Pete it's not too late!! I still have time to make a 3rd batch of rocky road.Come on you know you want to.::)
Picked up my reel on the weekend, it's bewdful.:-*
Got my copy of B'N'B ready for steveb to sign.;D
Got 2 bottles of Canadian Club and a bottle of Stones packed;D
Now all we need is that heat wave and we're all good.:D
4 sleeps to go.

chewy01
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Have to put the wife on a bus home on sun morn 6am so little drinkin for me sat night.At least the temp forecast looks good 23s,24 and humid.Heard a rumour foxie is going to put a c/board cutout of steve b outside the shop so every1 can get a photo wih him.;) ;)

themissus
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Heard a rumour foxie is going to put a c/board cutout of steve b outside the shop so every1 can get a photo wih him.;) ;)

Priceless;D ;D

Peter4
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Brian, Pete it's not too late!! I still have time to make a 3rd batch of rocky road.Come on you know you want to.::)

Bloody oath I want to go! Unfortunately I have no booking, little money and other obligations this weekend. If all I needed were motivation and a good excuse I'd be up there like a shot on Friday night!

I reckon Brian will find a way to sneak up there for his 600th trip for the year!;D

Kim, I hope you get the birthday pressie you want.....a metrey for you and a 99cm barra for Roo!

Stop counting the sleeps, it drives me mad as I have 87 sleeps until my next trip to Mondy. (Sh*t, the old I.B.D is kicking in again)

Regs

Pete

Steve B
02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Have to put the wife on a bus home on sun morn 6am so little drinkin for me sat night.At least the temp forecast looks good 23s,24 and humid.Heard a rumour foxie is going to put a c/board cutout of steve b outside the shop so every1 can get a photo wih him.;) ;)

you lot are funny hey,.... If Foxie put a cardboard cutout of me at the front of his shop, the place would be full of girls not fisherman;):P;D I have just had the boat serviced, might slip out there tommorrow for a bit recon work!! if the weather is as nice as it is today....lookin good for the weekend I reckon.

thanks peter, 13cm shouldn't make too much difference I think. Hopefully it wont muddy it up too much. I will have a look tommorrow.

steve

chewy01
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Jeez hope i get a better bite than that this weekend.Go find em steve.

Roo
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
you lot are funny hey,.... If Foxie put a cardboard cutout of me at the front of his shop, the place would be full of girls not fisherman;):P;D I have just had the boat serviced, might slip out there tommorrow for a bit recon work!! if the weather is as nice as it is today....lookin good for the weekend I reckon.

thanks peter, 13cm shouldn't make too much difference I think. Hopefully it wont muddy it up too much. I will have a look tommorrow.

steve

Better get it laminated Foxie, If it gets wet and goes floppy the girls will leave.:P

Good plan Steve, Make a few notes for us;) you could also leave a few cardboard cutouts of Homer nail to the trees where we should fish.8-)

Cheers Roo.

black_sheep
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Better get it laminated Foxie, If it gets wet and goes floppy the girls will leave.:P

Cheers Roo.

Now that's funny;D ;D

chewy01
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Maybe we shuld let up.We will be pumping steve for info after tomorrow.;) though if he nails up cutouts of himself it may attract bout girls and fish.;D ;D

Roo
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I dunno chewy, Its so much more fun than working. But I guess the benefit of hiding behind the keyboard will be removed in a few days so I could face a pasting:whip: .....not to mention the opportunity to be sent up a creek, without a paddle to score donut's....."Steve say'd it wuz this'a'way...Homer? Hoooommmmmeeeerrrrr! that you Homer?":cowboy:

P.s. on a more serious note, the forecast has been improving all day. hopefully the High will move over and push that low way out to sea.

chewy01
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Its hot as up here atm.worked up a sweat packing the boat.have to blow the froth off a couple.

BR65
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Now that's funny;D ;D

navi, looks like Im heading up this week end mate
cheers
brian

Peter4
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
navi, looks like Im heading up this week end mate
cheers
brian

Man, I hate to say "I told you so"!!;D

themissus
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
One down one to go!!
Come on Pete.
We have a spare bunk or two!!
Cheers Kim.

Roo
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
One down one to go!!
Come on Pete.
We have a spare bunk or two!!
Cheers Kim.

She snores tho':-X :-X

Hey chewy, the only known antidote for sweat poisoning is beer froth mate, do you good to sink a few and cool your heels.;)

themissus
02-06-2008, 04:59 PM
liar
you fart::) :-X

Peter4
02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
liar
you fart::) :-X

Sounds far too noisy for me............

BR65
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Man, I hate to say "I told you so"!!;D

ooooh the shame, Im so weak willed;)
those hard working boys from energex suprised me and did what they said they were going to do,:o , looks like a clear week end for me

Steve B
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Brain, I knew it!!!!! you would give in sooner or later.....good to see!!! See you this weekend!!

Roo, that was pretty funny!!! I have nothing to come back with...that is able to be said on a PG forum ;D;D After all the stiffie jokes....now its gone south....so to speak!!!:D

Hang on a minute.........dont you and chewy own poly boats............hope it doesnt get TOO hot.......we know what will be going limp and melting then:););D

Old homer won me two cartons on another site!!!! ye ha homer!!

steve

nipsta
02-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Brain, I knew it!!!!! you would give in sooner or later.....good to see!!! See you this weekend!!

Roo, that was pretty funny!!! I have nothing to come back with...that is able to be said on a PG forum ;D;D After all the stiffie jokes....now its gone south....so to speak!!!:D Old homer won me two cartons on another site!!!! ye ha homer!!

steve

i think its time you blokes spent some time at home with the kids or at least had some (brian ) lol good on yas you lucky fellows have a awsome time but leave some big ones for us in november or a sneaky trip before

chewy01
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Thats a bit below the belt,so to speak.nothin wrong with fishing out of tupperware.I missed the homer bit but im womdering now there is a homer bay?:)::) ::)

BR65
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
simon, after a wet week end down here I think Debs will be glad to see the back of me, I tend to go a little stir crazy

steve, whats the water lookin like, much inflow?

chewy01
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Will u be camping brian or roughin it in a cabin?

nipsta
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
simon, after a wet week end down here I think Debs will be glad to see the back of me, I tend to go a little stir crazy

steve, whats the water lookin like, much inflow?

yeah i was just stirring lucky buggers ive been flat out with a major job on and of course the rain to top things off was my day off today and i ahd to go in at 8 due to flooding roads and lack of staff

BR65
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
chewy, I am but a man of simple pleasures, and as such will be swaggin it mate.
Got to work sat, so will be heading up early sunday morn, 41/2 hours travel, includes the mandatory curry chicken pie at gin gin, hit the camp ground about 9.30, kick out gear, on the water at 9.33.
fish sunday, fish monday, back to the real world tuesday, front up to work wednesday (groan)

BR65
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
heres a thought

what lure will YOU be tieing on for your first cast

Im going a gold b52, tricked up to just suspend

chewy01
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Atm green/gold pristine weighted to nearly suspend.young fella will probobly want a frog aftr seeing the recent footage,but either a f10 tri colour or 97 three ft classic in orange gold.well probably be out by then.gota put the missus on a greyhound at 6am so she can earn me some money.Well have a brown canvas tourer type tent at one of the fireplace sites.(mmmm marshmallows)Talked to kelly today.no problem charging battery at kiosk.Might go to the pub friday or sat night.

NAGG
02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
:bigcry: I'm turning green ....with envy

Nagg

eotbmg
02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Guys and Gals
Gee whiz this week end had better produce as the talk has been talked, and talked and talked. Hopefully some one gets a fish.
We are in a cabin, in a green and black xstream hull with a 50 Merc on the rear being towed by a red Mitsabishi [some sort of model, dunno which sort of car it is, never cared to look!!!!!] It s Navis. You will notice me, i am the pale portion of the magpie
See you up there
PS picked up some suspending storm wild eyed minnows today dirt cheap [2 for 10] B 52 replicas which will get a flogging.
Ben

chewy01
03-06-2008, 05:29 AM
probably the thing thAt will cop the biggest flogging will be my liver.Or just me now the beta half is coming.:P :P ;)

Roo
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
PS picked up some suspending storm wild eyed minnows today dirt cheap [2 for 10] B 52 replicas which will get a flogging.
Ben

I just picked up 4 of these little rippers. only thing to worry about is they suspend with the light hooks on them now so I reckon i'll only upgrade the front treble, otherwise they look the goods.

Sounds far too noisy for me............

Talks in her sleep too! you'd think a bit of quiet during the night would be a given, but it never lets up!!!

ooooh the shame, Im so weak willed;)
\

Glad your coming Brian, the more the merrier i reckon. Like i said earlier in this thread, get enough fish catching Mojo around me and I might catch somethin:P

Roo, that was pretty funny!!! I have nothing to come back with...that is able to be said on a PG forum ;D;D After all the stiffie jokes....now its gone south....so to speak!!!:D

Hang on a minute.........dont you and chewy own poly boats............hope it doesnt get TOO hot.......we know what will be going limp and melting then:););D

Old homer won me two cartons on another site!!!! ye ha homer!!

steve

Steve, I'll ignore the poly crack:P purely because you've already conceded defeat, I say dont kick a man when he's down......drink his beer instead, so those cartons will come in handy mate;) By the way, 48 stubbies divided by the 16 votes recieved to win the comp equals a six pack for Kim and I as we voted for your pic:D

mmmmmmmbeer.

themissus
03-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't drink beer steve, you can have mine;)
3 sleeps to go.

Steve B
03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks Kim!!! I will shout you a CC for your vote...You can have a beer or two too Roo for your vote!!

Guys I am really sorry, I couldnt get up there today....I wont go into it, but revolved around outboard motor F?%$#ng mechanics and....'we need to get parts......bull$%&t'.

It was a nice day too when the fog lifted. Foxie reckons a few fish have been caught in last 2 days....theres a glimmer!!

BR65
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
a glimmer, thats all we need mate;)
I must be missing something, which site are yous talking about????? and how do I get free beer???????????????:D

chewy01
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Only two sleeps for me as i wont sleep thursday night.Ill be too excited bout getting my photo taken:)im only going to have a look up bird quickly friday arv where we got a couple last trip.

themissus
04-06-2008, 09:00 AM
me too chewy!!
Cheers Kim.

Roo
04-06-2008, 09:33 AM
a glimmer, thats all we need mate;)
I must be missing something, which site are yous talking about????? and how do I get free beer???????????????:D

It was a photo comp on active angler website. The comp is sponsored by fishrock brewery which I'm sure Steve will greatly enjoy drinking.:D They run it Bi- monthly I think.

Hey Ben, I had a play with the storms in a bucket.

test 1: out of the box :- Ultra slow sink.
test 2: remove tow point split ring :- Floated slowly to the surface (such a difference with such little change)
test 3: add #6 Split & #1 owner treble :- Sinking quickly.
test 4: add #6 Split & #2 owner treble :- Still sinking too quickly.
test 5: add #6 Split & #2 VMC 3X treble :- Still sinking too fast.

####Only changed the front hook.####
Remains to be seen how they perform when tied onto the end of my line, leader and braid will have some effect on buoyancy but i guess the end result is they will sink like a stone with both hooks upgraded or they will be a good XOS flathead lure as the standard light trebles wont stand a chance in a barra gob even with light drag they could be fairly easily opened up.:P
We'll see.
Cheers Roo.

I suppose you could treat them like the rapala Count Down models.

themissus
04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Steve, that's a bugger you didn't get out.
From all the talk about this weekend, a fish will be a bonus. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. A glimmer is all we need!!
Cheers Kim.

eotbmg
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
It was a photo comp on active angler website. The comp is sponsored by fishrock brewery which I'm sure Steve will greatly enjoy drinking.:D They run it Bi- monthly I think.

Hey Ben, I had a play with the storms in a bucket.

test 1: out of the box :- Ultra slow sink.
test 2: remove tow point split ring :- Floated slowly to the surface (such a difference with such little change)
test 3: add #6 Split & #1 owner treble :- Sinking quickly.
test 4: add #6 Split & #2 owner treble :- Still sinking too quickly.
test 5: add #6 Split & #2 VMC 3X treble :- Still sinking too fast.####Only changed the front hook.####
Remains to be seen how they perform when tied onto the end of my line, leader and braid will have some effect on buoyancy but i guess the end result is they will sink like a stone with both hooks upgraded or they will be a good XOS flathead lure as the standard light trebles wont stand a chance in a barra gob even with light drag they could be fairly easily opened up.:P
We'll see.
Cheers Roo.

I suppose you could treat them like the rapala Count Down models.

Thanks Roo.
I tries them out on Saturday in the outlaws pool on 78lb braid and 60 lb leader and they suspended beautifully. They really look the goods, athough as you said the upgrade is the problem. Navi got some #3 Owners yesterday, and i was hoping to upgrade with them so we will see. Any smaller gauge and they are too small for the barra, and they will smash em, but hey you may be lucky. If not they will be a great jack lure!!!!

Couldn't sleep last night, too excited, getting stuff organised. Funny feeling though not taking my boat or car, i am feeling guilty that Navi has all the work and boat prep to do!!!!!Poor bugger.;D
Spoke to Lyndon this arvo and they are hoping to meet up with us on the Saturday for a fish and a lunch or dinner drink later on.
Cheers
Ben

Roo
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks Roo.
I tries them out on Saturday in the outlaws pool on 78lb braid and 60 lb leader and they suspended beautifully. They really look the goods, athough as you said the upgrade is the problem. Navi got some #3 Owners yesterday, and i was hoping to upgrade with them so we will see. Any smaller gauge and they are too small for the barra, and they will smash em, but hey you may be lucky. If not they will be a great jack lure!!!!

Couldn't sleep last night, too excited, getting stuff organised. Funny feeling though not taking my boat or car, i am feeling guilty that Navi has all the work and boat prep to do!!!!!Poor bugger.;D
Spoke to Lyndon this arvo and they are hoping to meet up with us on the Saturday for a fish and a lunch or dinner drink later on.
Cheers
Ben

I've got some #4 3X VMC's I will try on them. otherwise I'll remove the rear treble altogether.
Myself and a Mate have been putting the finishing touches to a rear casting deck in the boat this week. Its been built and in the boat since early January but the "Roundtuit" required to finish it off and carpet it up have been hard to find.....90% done now, just in time for the weekend. I have to give credit where credit due....all i did was pass the tools, hold this, fetch beer......and I did a bloody great job of it too!!
Kim has been ferreting away in the kitchen, baking goodies and treats to exchange for Barra Mojo.
Packing the car tonight for a 3am departure Friday morning. Got the new Fishing DVD this morning, Might have to bring it with us.....can't remember if the cabins have a DVD player.:-[

Seeya's all there.

Little grey men
05-06-2008, 10:11 AM
You two have got it bad....good on ya's;)

Peter4
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
...can't remember if the cabins have a DVD player.

They sure do, Roo - so make sure you take (and watch) that DVD. ;D

Drop into Foxies during your stay and grab a packet of Zoom frogs to try the tecnique!

Regs

Pete

Roo
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Its in the car already!!!!
been at work since 9.....done nuthin but surf the net. I got it Bad!!!!

Must refocus, only 15hr 45mins to lift off.

NAGG, where are you, Post#150 is waiting for you.!! be quick or you'll miss it.

Steve B
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Weather is beuatiful at the moment......as I look out of the top of a spew bucket in the loungeroom!!!:-[:-[ Some bugger has given me a not nice bug!!! I have been down for 2 days, but feeling better now......I will be right for weekend!!! still should be OK for fish and social on sunday!

travel safe guys...the fish will be on.

steve

NAGG
05-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I WON , I WON , I WON :laola: :laola: ...... OOOOpps ... No I didn't

:hanged: But ,,,, I wont be at Mondy this weekend:bigcry:

Roo
05-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Weather is beuatiful at the moment......as I look out of the top of a spew bucket in the loungeroom!!!:-[:-[ Some bugger has given me a not nice bug!!! I have been down for 2 days, but feeling better now......I will be right for weekend!!! still should be OK for fish and social on sunday!

steve

EEwww!! icky. thats no fun mate. make sure you purge it all out before i get there.:sick2:

I WON , I WON , I WON :laola: :laola: ...... OOOOpps ... No I didn't

:hanged: But ,,,, I wont be at Mondy this weekend:bigcry:

You Snooze, You Lose. Nevermind Nagg, we'll be thinking of ya.:jester:

themissus
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Thats no good Steve. I'll have to throw your rocky road out the window on the way past, rather than drop it in. Can't guarantee there will be any left by sunday. Hope you feel better soon.
1 more night lying awake, counting down the hours, to go!!
cheers kim

chewy01
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
put a chair on the hill for steve kim:)

eotbmg
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Lucky buggers, going tomorrow,!!
We will be there early on Saturday and fishing straight away and check into the cabin after fishing finishes. You had better have some good news Kym and Roo, watch out if you dont!!!!
Ben

themissus
05-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Hang on Ben, I thought you guys were bringing all the talent and mojo:-/ :P

NAGG
05-06-2008, 05:02 PM
EEwww!! icky. thats no fun mate. make sure you purge it all out before i get there.:sick2:

You Snooze, You Lose. Nevermind Nagg, we'll be thinking of ya.:jester:

A case of .... He who hesitates > Mast..... :-[
Niver mind!

Best of luck to all that are heading up to Mondy this weekend:2vrolijk_08: Hope you find Homer:D

Nagg

chewy01
05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
What an arv, iv got a rat in the boat,hooked my finger on a bomber and think iv forgotten somethin,think ill just go to the gin gin pub.cya up there guys

BR65
05-06-2008, 08:31 PM

steve

I think theres a little something in there for all of us, dont you??;)
have a good run up Roo and Kim, see you all on sunday

Steve B
05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Brian, I wish I was joking ...but I aint!! I feel like S#$t!!! Getting better though. I hope I get the chance to get out for a fish with all you guys. I am having trouble getting someone to cover me at work on Sunday. If not, I will definately see you at the pub or somewhere!!! Things aren't panning out in my favour here at the moment!!!!.......At least the weather is good.....I havent even been or talked to Foxie to see if the fish are on......I think they will be.

steve

BR65
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
hazard of the trade I spose mate, look after yourself
hope we see ya on the water sunday, or beers sundy nite

Whitto
06-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Know exactly where you are coming from Steve, Take care and get well soon, I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm toeier than a Roman sandal I give you the tip won't take much to headup, Have a good run Brian, look forward to all the reports.........Have a ball.....Whitto:D

nipsta
07-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Know exactly where you are coming from Steve, Take care and get well soon, I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm toeier than a Roman sandal I give you the tip won't take much to headup, Have a good run Brian, look forward to all the reports.........Have a ball.....Whitto:D

i agree whitto that boofin barra dvd can only hold us for so long i just wish i had the luck to win the 58 milllion and i might have be able to bribe the chief into letting me get another crack at them oh well sooner then later i hope i keen to find my own homer
good luck all and look forward to all the reports

Magella
07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Fellas,
Kim and Rod called in yesterday and we had quite a good sample of the rocky road, Kim if Roo does not want to take you fishing at Monduran you have already won spots on mine and Steveb's boat that Rocky Road was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Cheers Foxie

Ps sorry all you other guys missed out.

nipsta
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Fellas,
Kim and Rod called in yesterday and we had quite a good sample of the rocky road, Kim if Roo does not want to take you fishing at Monduran you have already won spots on mine and Steveb's boat that Rocky Road was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Cheers Foxie

Ps sorry all you other guys missed out.

thanks foxie i love rocky road to hope you catch somthing lucky buggers i hope its not raining there like it is here

PNG1M
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey you blokes...make sure you fill us in on how y's all went.
It's been interesting reading in following this thread with the build up to your big trip. It'd be good to hear a bit of a report including what lures came up with the goods and any suggestions to make things better next time.

I'm overseas just now (for work) in the Middle East with the average temperature this week of 46 degrees celcius; and not a fish in sight. I've had plenty of time though to upgrade the split rings & trebles and sort out the tackle box. Thank goodness for online ordering as I have quite an arsenal on standby!

My own countdown has been well underway for some time and is all about my return to Oz later this month. Then next month it'll be an eight day trip to PNG with a few mates to get amongst the barra 'n black bass. That'll be a hell 'v'a countdown!! (James Boag will help pass the time...)

Anyway guys, as I am typing this you may well be hauling in the big'uns. Hope ys have/had a fab trip. How did those 2 for 10 Storms go by the way?

darylive
09-06-2008, 09:05 PM
:laola:

WELL HOW DID YOU GO?

Don't keep the rest of us in suspenders:stunned:

8-)

Roo
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
:laola:

WELL HOW DID YOU GO?

Don't keep the rest of us in suspenders:stunned:

8-)

your choice darylive, i wont judge you:P ;) .....get red one's, they're supa sexy.

reports tonite! gotta do some work for now so i'll get onto it later.

Cheers Roo

themissus
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
There's nothing to see here.... move along now.::) ::)
My love of donuts has finally caught up with me.:-X :-X
Cheers Kim.

darylive
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
:smartass: well I don't here you pair bragging and your off sider said he got bugger all:wiseguy:

PNG1M
12-06-2008, 03:42 AM
Don't tell us....you caught the biggest thing in Lake Monduran.....The Bottom!

Roo
12-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Its all here PNG1M

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=132241

themissus
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Don't tell us....you caught the biggest thing in Lake Monduran.....The Bottom!

Yep, unfortunately the only thing i got to test drag on the new revo, was the bottom.:-[
Teamed up with the medalist is was an awesome combo to use. Really light and easy to cast all day. Roo picked it up a few times after the zillon combos and i had to fight to get it back. how is goes attached to a cranky barra... i'll have to wait until next time.::)

Cheers Kim.